Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Please Lord
MyONELove said:
So I just spoke with my MP. I did tell him that about 3 weeks ago I ordered my GCM notes. He actually said that causes a delay to the file. Immigration has informed them before that each time notes are ordered it takes your file out of queue for 2-3 weeks. He says that the case worker on your file then has to stop. Transfer your file over to the notes person and then wait for it to come back to them. Since most Nov applicants are being called and we have not...I wonder if I choose the exact wrong time to order my notes. My MP will be emailing them for status on my behalf today. Anything that can help I will try. Stay blessed all. I remind myself to stay positive..it is our time soon :)
I find that weird because I ordered my notes twice and I am a Nov 13, 2015 applicant who has been called already. If anything, I think ordering the notes speeds it up because someone is actually having to look on the file instead of it sitting there collecting dust

jacalinkup

Jan 13, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-15
AOR Received.
14-12-15
File Transfer...
23-12-15
Med's Done....
06-04-16
Passport Req..
Praying Soon.
VISA ISSUED...
Praying Soon.
LANDED..........
Praying Soon.
MyONELove said:
So I just spoke with my MP. I did tell him that about 3 weeks ago I ordered my GCM notes. He actually said that causes a delay to the file. Immigration has informed them before that each time notes are ordered it takes your file out of queue for 2-3 weeks. He says that the case worker on your file then has to stop. Transfer your file over to the notes person and then wait for it to come back to them. Since most Nov applicants are being called and we have not...I wonder if I choose the exact wrong time to order my notes. My MP will be emailing them for status on my behalf today. Anything that can help I will try. Stay blessed all. I remind myself to stay positive..it is our time soon :)
Interesting I never would have thought that ordering notes may delay the file...makes sense though. Hope you and impatientwife hear something either today or next week. will be praying for you both!

jacalinkup

Jan 13, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-15
AOR Received.
14-12-15
File Transfer...
23-12-15
Med's Done....
06-04-16
Passport Req..
Praying Soon.
VISA ISSUED...
Praying Soon.
LANDED..........
Praying Soon.
susanrichards2015 said:
I find that weird because I ordered my notes twice and I am a Nov 13, 2015 applicant who has been called already. If anything, I think ordering the notes speeds it up because someone is actually having to look on the file instead of it sitting there collecting dust

maybe it factors down to if you order the notes close to the end versus the beginning. i received my last set of notes in september and i was one of the last oct people to get emailed. idk KVO is sooo unpredictable.

susanrichards2015

Jan 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Please Lord
jacalinkup said:
maybe it factors down to if you order the notes close to the end versus the beginning. i received my last set of notes in september and i was one of the last oct people to get emailed. idk KVO is sooo unpredictable.
That's true as well. My last order was June....

impatientwife

Jan 28, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2015
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
File Transfer...
25-01-2016
Med's Done....
UPFRONT/Extended until Aug/2017
Interview........
06/12/2016
Passport Req..
TOMORROW WOULD BE NICE LOL
VISA ISSUED...
ON SPOT ☺☺☺
LANDED..........
Already Did
MyONELove said:
I don't see why ordering notes would cause a delay, it's all electronic and if that's the case they should put a disclaimer and what's the purpose of providing the service if it's gonna set ppl back smh

basl_jhjm

Dec 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2015
AOR Received.
19-01-2016
Med's Done....
10-10-2015
Interview........
November 22 2016
Passport Req..
November 22
VISA ISSUED...
November 22, 2016
LANDED..........
November 26. 2016
impatientwife said:
I don't see why ordering notes would cause a delay, it's all electronic and if that's the case they should put a disclaimer and what's the purpose of providing the service if it's gonna set ppl back smh
I got the last set i ordered last week so it didnt really delay me and i ordered notes 3 times.

Toyajagreen

Apr 2, 2016
ikema said:
Hi Everyone,

Please how long does it take KVO to issue visa after submitting Passport?
Wow. It seems like you got ppr without an interview. Haven't seen that in a while. Congrats! Not quite sure the answer to this but some people have said 2 weeks to a month.

JBashford

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2015
AOR Received.
30-12-2015
File Transfer...
07-01-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront/Now Extended
Interview........
October 27, 2016
Passport Req..
October 27, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2016
LANDED..........
October 29, 2016
MyONELove said:
Meanwhile, mine told me it can help speed up the file!! Different info for everyone it seems, even from the KVO office. How unfair can this process be?? :(

jacalinkup

Jan 13, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-15
AOR Received.
14-12-15
File Transfer...
23-12-15
Med's Done....
06-04-16
Passport Req..
Praying Soon.
VISA ISSUED...
Praying Soon.
LANDED..........
Praying Soon.
JBashford said:
Meanwhile, mine told me it can help speed up the file!! Different info for everyone it seems, even from the KVO office. How unfair can this process be?? :(
It's only getting more and more frustrating...the system sucks. :'( :'( :'( :'(

susanrichards2015

Jan 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Please Lord
ikema said:
Thanks Toya,
WOW that seems very long. OMG, well I just have to keep waiting patiently.
They called and asked for the passport? No interview?

impatientwife

Jan 28, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2015
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
File Transfer...
25-01-2016
Med's Done....
UPFRONT/Extended until Aug/2017
Interview........
06/12/2016
Passport Req..
TOMORROW WOULD BE NICE LOL
VISA ISSUED...
ON SPOT ☺☺☺
LANDED..........
Already Did
susanrichards2015 said:
They called and asked for the passport? No interview?
Ikema is from the Ghana thread which maybe why she just got ppr

susanrichards2015

Jan 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Please Lord
impatientwife said:
Ikema is from the Ghana thread which maybe why she just got ppr
Oh OK. So she isn't going through KVO. Wonder how she ended up on here lol

Jamaicanadian

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
Toronto East
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2015
Doc's Request.
RPRF 22-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-08-2015
Interview........
11-10-2016
Passport Req..
11-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
Wow KVO is very consistent with their inconsistencies. To be honest it's been a recurring theme for KVO to have large backlogs and clear newer applications faster than the backlog. Unfortunately, those of us with 2015 apps got caught in a backlog caused by the Syrian refugee processing rush- thanks JT (Justin Trudeau not Timberlake). 2015 apps definitely took a few months longer to process on average than 2014.

I can't wait for all 2015 apps to be processed and I'm glad there's some hope for the 2016 applicants that things won't take over a year. I hope KVO pumps out way more interviews before they go MIA over the Christmas holidays. To those with interviews coming up please, please, please practice with your spouse. KNOW YOUR APPLICATIONS. On the day of dress to impress! Be confident in the integrity of your relationship and don't let the officer intimidate you (though it's their job to try).

This process is so hard but it's so worth it. Come on KVO we need Visas!!!

Spartabarbiie

Feb 25, 2016
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2, 2015
File Transfer...
November 12, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Does anyone know how long it takes to get a decision made after they keep your passport? They say up to a month, but it has to be sooner than that?! Please help!