+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

nursewife

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
shortyp2000 said:
Yes however they dont review the file when they receive your payment. They put it in a "bring forward" pile where they look 60 days later to see if you paid it. They asked me for docs May 31st, confirmed the next day or so that they received em, but didnt look at my file again for 60 days
Thanks for the clarification shortyp2000 guess I should listen to hubby more often he said the same thing lol. Did you pay all your fees upfront? I see from your time like you are basically just waiting for PPR? What was next when they looked at your file again after the 30 days?

Cece0225

Star Member
Apr 29, 2015
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
KNG
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2015
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
08-04-2015, SA: 15-04-2015
File Transfer...
15-04-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
18-12-2014
Passport Req..
08-02-2016 DM: 02-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2016
LANDED..........
20-03-2016
nursewife said:
Thanks for the clarification shortyp2000 guess I should listen to hubby more often he said the same thing lol. Did you pay all your fees upfront? I see from your time like you are basically just waiting for PPR? What was next when they looked at your file again after the 30 days?

However, when you pay everything upfront and send in all docs upfront, you have no clue what is happening to your file. Like in my case.... KGN has never contacted me, ever since I applied. I had to email them and I let my MP email them because im already so frustrated with this stuff... :'( :'( :'( :'( I miss ma hussy</3

nursewife

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Cece0225 said:
However, when you pay everything upfront and send in all docs upfront, you have no clue what is happening to your file. Like in my case.... KGN has never contacted me, ever since I applied. I had to email them and I let my MP email them because im already so frustrated with this stuff... :'( :'( :'( :'( I miss ma hussy</3
Hmmm Cece0225 did you submit guys submit your Application without the medical then submitted the medical at later date once requested? That's what I'm gathering from most people's time lines?

Cece0225

Star Member
Apr 29, 2015
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
KNG
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2015
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
08-04-2015, SA: 15-04-2015
File Transfer...
15-04-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
18-12-2014
Passport Req..
08-02-2016 DM: 02-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2016
LANDED..........
20-03-2016
nursewife said:
Hmmm Cece0225 did you submit guys submit your Application without the medical then submitted the medical at later date once requested? That's what I'm gathering from most people's time lines?
nope! we submitted everything upfront. everything, all fees and all docs. :'(

lonelydreadswife

Aug 1, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 11 2015
Doc's Request.
CSQ certificate dec 2015 because quebec did not send
AOR Received.
April 14 2015
File Transfer...
june 10 2015 and sept 11 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Feb 11 2015 medical extended until January 2017
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 22 2016
VISA ISSUED...
march 11 2016
LANDED..........
april 3 2016
shortyp2000 said:
Im here with my hubby until sept 7th, i think it would be amazing to hear something while im down here. Then i could go home and get ready for him, knowing he wouldnt soon follow. That would be absolutely amazing.
That would be like a dream come true I am hoping for the same either before I leave in nov or while I am there fingers crossed

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
nursewife said:
Havent heard nothing from them yet after the 60 days. I paid rtpr fee in april, about a month after they received it in Kingston. So yes basically just waiting for PPR now as everything is in and everything paid. They really dont have a reason to call me for anything else except PPR so im hoping that comes soon

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
Cece0225 said:
Exactly! Thats probably why I dont know where i stand now because all my stuff is in and paid for long time ago, so everyday Im anxious from 8am-4:30pm waiting to hear.

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
Cece0225 said:
nope! we submitted everything upfront. everything, all fees and all docs. :'(
My hubby did his medicals after submitting, but before they even looked at our file, along with the rtpr fee.

Paula_T

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
lonelydreadswife said:
Paula I have a friend that works for immigration and she told me not to send to much stuff cause people that send to much get put on the back burner I only sent 30 picture 10 emails 3ref letters and 10 digicel and 5 western union I was told that's more than enough I hope your file is not on back burner a lawyer can't really do to much but take your money I did everything myself lawyer can't really do much
that's actually not the case at all the more your able to summit the better it is ..with that being said you don't go overboard.. I was married for 4 years before I even applied to sponsor because my husband had to stay in Jamaica to help care for his mother who unfortunately passed away at which time we applied for the sponsorship . Like I said before everyone's case is different and there not specific on how much to include and I so I went with the advice of my family friend/lawyer and I submitted just as much as my friend did and her sponsorship approval went through in 6 months. When I had over 5 years of communication to document and phone bills printed here over all
Those years it ended up being a lot .. And I just received a email recently from immigration that was specific and clearly stated that they have received all my documents and reviewed everything and nothing further is needed ...having your application put on the back burner for being detailed isn't true at all , unless of course you were going on about things that weren't revelant and your story was made up and fabricated ..it is also my husband and his 9 year old daughter on or application so that also required me to submit a lot more documentation .. And as for pictures I included a few from every event so it ended up being a lot .. I scanned the photos and had 4 per page for my husbands file and sent the originals with my file..and it isn't the amount of photos you summit it's the quality behind them that matters ..but every case is different and its better to include your whole relationship in detail and document it alll then not include something and have immigration deny your application for misrepresentation or withholding information ..

Paula_T

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
And again I had advice from a lawyer and had him just look over everything when I was finished but he was not someone I was paying its a family friend he more less just did it as a favour .. I did a lot of research and asked a lot of questions along the way so hopefully soon it will be all over with and my husband will be here ..

lonelydreadswife

Aug 1, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 11 2015
Doc's Request.
CSQ certificate dec 2015 because quebec did not send
AOR Received.
April 14 2015
File Transfer...
june 10 2015 and sept 11 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Feb 11 2015 medical extended until January 2017
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 22 2016
VISA ISSUED...
march 11 2016
LANDED..........
april 3 2016
Paula_T said:
that's actually not the case at all the more your able to summit the better it is ..with that being said you don't go overboard.. I was married for 4 years before I even applied to sponsor because my husband had to stay in Jamaica to help care for his mother who unfortunately passed away at which time we applied for the sponsorship . Like I said before everyone's case is different and there not specific on how much to include and I so I went with the advice of my family friend/lawyer and I submitted just as much as my friend did and her sponsorship approval went through in 6 months. When I had over 5 years of communication to document and phone bills printed here over all
Those years it ended up being a lot .. And I just received a email recently from immigration that was specific and clearly stated that they have received all my documents and reviewed everything and nothing further is needed ...having your application put on the back burner for being detailed isn't true at all , unless of course you were going on about things that weren't revelant and your story was made up and fabricated ..it is also my husband and his 9 year old daughter on or application so that also required me to submit a lot more documentation .. And as for pictures I included a few from every event so it ended up being a lot .. I scanned the photos and had 4 per page for my husbands file and sent the originals with my file..and it isn't the amount of photos you summit it's the quality behind them that matters ..but every case is different and its better to include your whole relationship in detail and document it alll then not include something and have immigration deny your application for misrepresentation or withholding information ..
well i guess my friend who actually does these files is wrong imagine if everyone sent in a box we all be waiting very long to be processed i to have two children on my file i am not on her to debate with a stranger so do whst you got to do i was only sharing what was told to me by someone who processes file i dont think i was misinforumed

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
Paula_T said:
Excuse-me again, but this sounds like fuc kery...First of all, it is NOT TRUE that the more that u able to submit the better it is. Lonelydreadswife is RIGHT...the VO hates to receive a box of evidences, its more work for them. They like it simple and clear. I sent my 18 stamps of my trips in JA, I sent 20 pictures, some sheets of whatsapp convos (3 months only) + a letter explaining that we do not have any phone bills cause we use Skype. Thats ENOUGH.

2nd... I really doubt that you have received a letter mentionning ``all my documents and reviewed everything and nothing further is needed``. They will never take the risk to confirm that kind of information. Stop trying to take us like fools.

So I wont continue to argue with you about it, as you said we will see whats going on in a couple of months.

Can you give me your timeline so I will add you to the spreadsheet if you agree.

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
Cece0225 said:
Hey girl, stop worrying, you only at 6 months waiting now, it is kind of normal that u never hear anything as yet. But I pretty sure you will very soon. Just always remind to yourself that is only a few months of your life without him vs the entire life with him after! :) I promised to you that you will forget this nightmare as soon as him reach here! ;)

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
Good morning everyone. I hope we all have a wonderful day and things go well for all of us.

Its upsetting to see the arguments on here, we are usually pretty tight on here.
Everyone experiences their filing in different ways, so one way will go for someone while for another it works different. I think we can all agree to that.
Stay cool ladies. One love.