Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
shortyp2000 said:
Good morning everyone. I hope we all have a wonderful day and things go well for all of us.

Its upsetting to see the arguments on here, we are usually pretty tight on here.
Everyone experiences their filing in different ways, so one way will go for someone while for another it works different. I think we can all agree to that.
Stay cool ladies. One love.
Yes but when peoples inbox me to ask me a lot of questions because of her posts and advices...I feel that I need to say something cause this scared peoples thinking that they did not send enough stuff or fear that they should have received a confirmation letter also, wondering why Kgn dont contact them...this just brings more stress and anxiety to peoples and nobody in here need that. Maybe I rude, yes it is my personality when I try to protect. Sorry if I offenced some peoples but I know I reassured somes too. Thats the reason I stay on the forum, I could leave like everyones generaly does after landing story...but me I stayed to help peoples in this confusing and nightmare process.

MixedChick92

Feb 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON, JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-24-2015
File Transfer...
05-28-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-16-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-15-2016
LANDED..........
07-13-2016
MelJam said:
Hey girl, stop worrying, you only at 6 months waiting now, it is kind of normal that u never hear anything as yet. But I pretty sure you will very soon. Just always remind to yourself that is only a few months of your life without him vs the entire life with him after! :) I promised to you that you will forget this nightmare as soon as him reach here! ;)
Thank you MelJam, for the reassurance ! I completely agree. I sent everything upfront as well. I know this is only a phase in mine and hubbys life, and with every phase it fades. We are pretty patient because we know that this process isn't going to be over night and it could possibly take more then a year. My Ecas is updating the same just as everyone else's and I haven't contacted them once. Were well within the normal processing times, and I dont need to contact Kingston unless important changes need to be made(none as yet) . Besides that I'm letting them do their job so they can focus finishing our application without any unnecessary disruptions, they aren't going to give me any helpfull information on my case anyway, but like you pointed out, if it passed within the normal processing times, I will order those case notes.

You aren't being rude, you're being real and giving good advice. I'm glad that you mentioned everything you said. Cause foreal I was second guessing myself, if I sent in enough proof... Thanks for the clarification. Also your right, If I was one of those officers I would hate to be the one assigned to an applicant that sent in to much information, that wasn't even needed. I sent in was what was requested on Caribbean document checklist, except letters. I didn't send Whatsapp convos, just phone records for communication proof . Hope that wont be a problem?

You've been thru this process and you know! We appreciate that your still on this forum taking time out to help us, when you've been practically done this for almost a year now, many thanks hon! :-*

& Paula, I hope your Journey is almost done *Fingers crossed* for ya!

Paula_T

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
MelJam said:
Excuse-me again, but this sounds like fuc kery...First of all, it is NOT TRUE that the more that u able to submit the better it is. Lonelydreadswife is RIGHT...the VO hates to receive a box of evidences, its more work for them. They like it simple and clear. I sent my 18 stamps of my trips in JA, I sent 20 pictures, some sheets of whatsapp convos (3 months only) + a letter explaining that we do not have any phone bills cause we use Skype. Thats ENOUGH.

2nd... I really doubt that you have received a letter mentionning ``all my documents and reviewed everything and nothing further is needed``. They will never take the risk to confirm that kind of information. Stop trying to take us like fools.

So I wont continue to argue with you about it, as you said we will see whats going on in a couple of months.

Can you give me your timeline so I will add you to the spreadsheet if you agree.
is there any way of posting a photo on here ?? If there is I will screen shot the letter I was sent from Kingston to show you that clearly states they have reviewed all our documentation and supporting evidence and nothing further is needed . Is you can tell me a way to post it on here rather than copying and pasting I will show you ..that letter I received from them 1 month after my MP emailed them and I also had Chris Alexander's office inquire for me .. Anyways I'm definately not gonna argue on a forum.. We will see when my husbands gets his passport request.. So your assumption that Cic doesn't like to receive a lot of "box" full of evidence is incorrect . The more you provide them with the easier is it for them to determine whether or not it's genuine . I've been through the process before already with a child I adopted from Jamaica which I had to correspond a lot with Kingston when they were processing that application so obviously whatever I am doing is working for me ... It's different for everyone and no 2 applications are summited the same

Paula_T

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
shortyp2000 said:
Good morning everyone. I hope we all have a wonderful day and things go well for all of us.

Its upsetting to see the arguments on here, we are usually pretty tight on here.
Everyone experiences their filing in different ways, so one way will go for someone while for another it works different. I think we can all agree to that.
Stay cool ladies. One love.
right...that's exactly what I'm thinking right now , why is it people wanna start arguments and come on a forum to have disagreements when no two relationships are the same and no two applications are the same ....why works for one doesn't necessarily work for others .
I'm not On here saying "oh no your application won't go through because you didn't summit enough , I never once said anything like it and I do know everyone summits different amount of evidence to support there marriage ....anyways I'm done with it I have no problem sharing my experience with people as some it will help and others it won't ...were all going through a extremely stressful process so at the end of the day were all going through a similar experience ... And as Shorty says One Love

chucky44

Feb 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
30-06-15
AOR Received.
02-08-15
File Transfer...
31-08-15 and Kingston started Process 9-9-15
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
22-04-15
Interview........
11-08-16 and got interview e-mail 07-07-16
Passport Req..
11-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-16
LANDED..........
22-08-16
MelJam said:
Yes but when peoples inbox me to ask me a lot of questions because of her posts and advices...I feel that I need to say something cause this scared peoples thinking that they did not send enough stuff or fear that they should have received a confirmation letter also, wondering why Kgn dont contact them...this just brings more stress and anxiety to peoples and nobody in here need that. Maybe I rude, yes it is my personality when I try to protect. Sorry if I offenced some peoples but I know I reassured somes too. Thats the reason I stay on the forum, I could leave like everyones generaly does after landing story...but me I stayed to help peoples in this confusing and nightmare process.
that so true mel speak your mind i back you 100% you have helped mi a lot to be humble and be patient. bless

MixedChick92

Feb 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON, JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-24-2015
File Transfer...
05-28-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-16-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-15-2016
LANDED..........
07-13-2016
Hey Paula_T 8)

We all have our opinions. We are a family and with every family there is going to be disagreements. I respect your opinion, but I do agree with MelJam,I think you sent in a overload of information, that may not have been necessary. And as per your email with Kingston,

" We have received all the required relationship documents with the file and your spouse's application is currently awaiting review by a visa officer.

At this point there is no action required on your part, you are not required to submit any additional relationship documents. Please be assured that as soon as the review is complete, the next steps in the processing of this application will be determined and you will be advised accordingly. For detailed processing times for applications in Kingston, please refer to website link

I think that's their polite and professional way of saying that you've sent way to much in and please don't send in anymore.

I'm sorry if you feel like you've been attacked, its not intentional.
We are just expressing our thoughts and giving our insight as well.

Best of luck, I hope you get thru very soon, and it seems likely as most people from late 2014 are pretty much at the end.

Please keep us updated with everything.

Divinity

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2015
Doc's Request.
08-09-2015
AOR Received.
05-06-2015
File Transfer...
15-06-2015
Med's Done....
19-10-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Soon
Hi guyz. I was given a departure order to leave Canada after living there for 7yrs and applying on h&c grounds. I was living with my husband boyfriend then when I got the order and we were devastated . we talked about it and we decided that I was gonna leave . I have a 6 yrs old son that was born in Canada and I had get a court date as soon as possible before I leave bc they gave me like three weeks to leave and so I started the process for full custody of my son the day I left Canada . my husband his mom brother and aunt came down for the wedding and it was perfect. I got full custody while being here in Jamaica. So my son is here with me. I got pregnant and now have an 11mths old daughter . my husband waited two yrs before applying and we have a lawyer only bc he doesn't really understand what to do and I Dont know if they r gonna ask me for an ARC . Right now I'm so worried . I spoke to my lawyer and she said to Wait until they ask for my Jamaican PC or anything else bf I send it but I Dont know.

Paula_T

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
MixedChick92 said:
Hey Paula_T 8)

We all have our opinions. We are a family and with every family there is going to be disagreements. I respect your opinion, but I do agree with MelJam,I think you sent in a overload of information, that may not have been necessary. And as per your email with Kingston,

" We have received all the required relationship documents with the file and your spouse's application is currently awaiting review by a visa officer.

At this point there is no action required on your part, you are not required to submit any additional relationship documents. Please be assured that as soon as the review is complete, the next steps in the processing of this application will be determined and you will be advised accordingly. For detailed processing times for applications in Kingston, please refer to website link

I think that's their polite and professional way of saying that you've sent way to much in and please don't send in anymore.

I'm sorry if you feel like you've been attacked, its not intentional.
We are just expressing our thoughts and giving our insight as well.

Best of luck, I hope you get thru very soon, and it seems likely as most people from late 2014 are pretty much at the end.
GREAT NEWS EVERYONE my hubby just checked the mail and He received his passport request ..that's great news for most of you on here because from your timelines I see your application was received at KINGSTON just a couple weeks - couple of months after mine.. It's been about a month since my MP also contacts Kingston and my ECaS was just changed on Tuesday to state the day they begun processing or application .i checked my husbands ECaS just now and it doesn't say decision made or anything on there so that's also great news for some as you may receive a PPR before your ECAS changes :D .. I'm going to get my husband to send me a copy of the letter he received and I will post it on here when it gets done ...is there any way to post photos on this forum ?? Because he will likely just screen shot the letter and send to me and I can post the original ... Our process was aprox 10 months from start to finish ..I log into this forum on my smartphone not a computer ..last time I tried to post something it told me I am not allowed to post links into the forum (worded differently tban that though).. My husband and I were together for 7 years and married for 4 so we did have a lot included in our application because it was a lot of history to document. And he was in canada on a work program when met so we had lived together in canada before so that had a part in the amount of stuff I summited .. And if I did make anyone feel worried or intimidated when I wrote what I included I do apologize that wasnt my intention and as you all know Cic isn't specific when indicating what to include so after seeing other completed sponsorship applications my friends had summited for there spousal sponsorships plus taking advice from others on this forum to organize my application and have a table of contents and also tabs on the ends so the VO can easily find anything they need in the application it was well organized and i spent a great deal of time on preparing it , plus my experience with previous sponsorships I went through and the advice of a family friend whom has practiced immigration law for 15 years and has only had 2 refusals for criminal reasons and made no money from me all he did was give me advice and read over my application when it was completed...you have to also remember that leaving out information and not being specific and detailed could actually backfire on you resulting in having your application refused for misrepresentation for leaving out information ... But you are right when you say you don't have to include all of what I included because your a example of a application that got approved and PPR when you didnt include all that much documentation and I'm a example of a application that got approved and a PPR when I did include a lot of information .. Everyone's marriage is different and for everyone there is different factors and the length of marriage, amount of time spent together in Jamaica or canada before and after your married , the amount of assests and properties you both jointly own together , the amount you communicate and how you communicate and so many more things differ from one person to another so obviously that would have a big impact on how much you include on your application...obviously someone married for 3 years and only having 5 visits to see each other and talking twice daily would have a lot less to include them someone married for 4 years together for 7 and living together for a portion of the time in Canada and talking 6-10 times a day would include . Once my husbands mom got really sick he had to stay over there and help her out because most of you know how the health care system and hospitals are in Jamaica .. He was back home for about 1.5 years before we filed our application and once his mom passed we summited it . The main reason our application was so much was because we simply had a lot to document, it was a long relationship with many things that happened along the way and if we didn't include everything we did and in a rare circumstance if Cic found out about some of it then we could have had our application refused. Cic also launched a pilot project December 2014 giving inland applicants the opportunity to apply for a work permit while they wait for there application to be approved , had this of been a option when I summited our application we would have probably went the inland way ... Since we summited our application my husband reapplied for a TRV but they refused it because our sponsorship application was summited . anyways ladies have your husbands check the mail frequently now because more of you should be receiving Passport Requests anytime now :D :D now question if any of you are able to let me know what route you went I would much appreciate it . My husband is saying he is going to use DHL to send his passport has anyone else used DHL ? Or is here a better courier to use ....yayyyy KINGSTON is finally moving ...how do you ladies all have your timelines underneath your user name ? How do I add mine ? I am going to go through all correspondence I have from CIC and have the specific dates written as it may be helpful to some ... I have been on this forum for a while browsing and reading the advice of others all along the journey but I couldn't get use to the site so I was just reading things and not posting replies so I'm not common with how it all works..

chucky44

Feb 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
30-06-15
AOR Received.
02-08-15
File Transfer...
31-08-15 and Kingston started Process 9-9-15
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
22-04-15
Interview........
11-08-16 and got interview e-mail 07-07-16
Passport Req..
11-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-16
LANDED..........
22-08-16
Paula_T said:
GREAT NEWS EVERYONE my hubby just checked the mail and He received his passport request ..that's great news for most of you on here because from your timelines I see your application was received at KINGSTON just a couple weeks - couple of months after mine.. It's been about a month since my MP also contacts Kingston and my ECaS was just changed on Tuesday to state the day they begun processing or application .i checked my husbands ECaS just now and it doesn't say decision made or anything on there so that's also great news for some as you may receive a PPR before your ECAS changes :D .. I'm going to get my husband to send me a copy of the letter he received and I will post it on here when it gets done ...is there any way to post photos on this forum ?? Because he will likely just screen shot the letter and send to me and I can post the original ... Our process was aprox 10 months from start to finish ..I log into this forum on my smartphone not a computer ..last time I tried to post something it told me I am not allowed to post links into the forum (worded differently tban that though).. My husband and I were together for 7 years and married for 4 so we did have a lot included in our application because it was a lot of history to document. And he was in canada on a work program when met so we had lived together in canada before so that had a part in the amount of stuff I summited .. And if I did make anyone feel worried or intimidated when I wrote what I included I do apologize that wasnt my intention and as you all know Cic isn't specific when indicating what to include so after seeing other completed sponsorship applications my friends had summited for there spousal sponsorships plus taking advice from others on this forum to organize my application and have a table of contents and also tabs on the ends so the VO can easily find anything they need in the application it was well organized and i spent a great deal of time on preparing it , plus my experience with previous sponsorships I went through and the advice of a family friend whom has practiced immigration law for 15 years and has only had 2 refusals for criminal reasons and made no money from me all he did was give me advice and read over my application when it was completed...you have to also remember that leaving out information and not being specific and detailed could actually backfire on you resulting in having your application refused for misrepresentation for leaving out information ... But you are right when you say you don't have to include all of what I included because your a example of a application that got approved and PPR when you didnt include all that much documentation and I'm a example of a application that got approved and a PPR when I did include a lot of information .. Everyone's marriage is different and for everyone there is different factors and the length of marriage, amount of time spent together in Jamaica or canada before and after your married , the amount of assests and properties you both jointly own together , the amount you communicate and how you communicate and so many more things differ from one person to another so obviously that would have a big impact on how much you include on your application...obviously someone married for 3 years and only having 5 visits to see each other and talking twice daily would have a lot less to include them someone married for 4 years together for 7 and living together for a portion of the time in Canada and talking 6-10 times a day would include . Once my husbands mom got really sick he had to stay over there and help her out because most of you know how the health care system and hospitals are in Jamaica .. He was back home for about 1.5 years before we filed our application and once his mom passed we summited it . The main reason our application was so much was because we simply had a lot to document, it was a long relationship with many things that happened along the way and if we didn't include everything we did and in a rare circumstance if Cic found out about some of it then we could have had our application refused. Cic also launched a pilot project December 2014 giving inland applicants the opportunity to apply for a work permit while they wait for there application to be approved , had this of been a option when I summited our application we would have probably went the inland way ... Since we summited our application my husband reapplied for a TRV but they refused it because our sponsorship application was summited . anyways ladies have your husbands check the mail frequently now because more of you should be receiving Passport Requests anytime now :D :D now question if any of you are able to let me know what route you went I would much appreciate it . My husband is saying he is going to use DHL to send his passport has anyone else used DHL ? Or is here a better courier to use ....yayyyy KINGSTON is finally moving ...how do you ladies all have your timelines underneath your user name ? How do I add mine ? I am going to go through all correspondence I have from CIC and have the specific dates written as it may be helpful to some ... I have been on this forum for a while browsing and reading the advice of others all along the journey but I couldn't get use to the site so I was just reading things and not posting replies so I'm not common with how it all works..
congrats

MixedChick92

Feb 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON, JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-24-2015
File Transfer...
05-28-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-16-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-15-2016
LANDED..........
07-13-2016
Paula_T said:

Thats amazing!
WOW that soon, was much sooner then I expected, congrats!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

MixedChick92

Feb 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON, JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-24-2015
File Transfer...
05-28-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-16-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-15-2016
LANDED..........
07-13-2016
ShortyP2000 check your email hon!!!!

Paula_T

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Divinity said:
Hi guyz. I was given a departure order to leave Canada after living there for 7yrs and applying on h&c grounds. I was living with my husband boyfriend then when I got the order and we were devastated . we talked about it and we decided that I was gonna leave . I have a 6 yrs old son that was born in Canada and I had get a court date as soon as possible before I leave bc they gave me like three weeks to leave and so I started the process for full custody of my son the day I left Canada . my husband his mom brother and aunt came down for the wedding and it was perfect. I got full custody while being here in Jamaica. So my son is here with me. I got pregnant and now have an 11mths old daughter . my husband waited two yrs before applying and we have a lawyer only bc he doesn't really understand what to do and I Dont know if they r gonna ask me for an ARC . Right now I'm so worried . I spoke to my lawyer and she said to Wait until they ask for my Jamaican PC or anything else bf I send it but I Dont know.
I am sorry for what your going through ...as others have said on this forum and even told me that a lawyer doesn't always help sometimes they can mislead you when they are making money off you , I had advice from a lawyer/family friend with my application however I was the one who did it all and did not pay any money to him for assisting me .. If you haven't summited a police check at all I would sugguest you do it , I don't know how a lawyer could tell you to wait until they ask for a police check to summit it if one has never been done , my husband also spent time in Canada before we applied and we were required to summit a police check from Jamaica as well as canada .but I'm not 100% sure if this is always required but I do think your required to summit police checks from everywhere you lived for more than a specific amount of time .Before my Husbands PPR today I had emailed immigration to ask if I should summit another police check and they told me not to and wait until they contacted me if they needed it , but now I think they told me that because they knew my processing was basically finished and would be done before the original I sent in expired .. It's my understanding if you don't summit a police check before they begin processing your application it can delay the process .. And if your husband is paying a lawyer then rneember every time immigration sends correspondence to the lawyer and the lawyer calls you then your billed for it , so it is a money making business for most lawyers however there are some out there that do genuinely care . Others on this forum advised me to redo the police check before they requested it if it was expired but I didn't reach that point so I didn't decide whether or not I was going to .. But I would definately say if you have never summited a police check it is probably a good idea to do so ..

Sara8513

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 18th 2015
Doc's Request.
Additional proof of relationship requested at interview
AOR Received.
March 28th 2015
File Transfer...
May 20th 2015
Med's Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
March 15th 2015
Interview........
December 3rd 2015
Passport Req..
January 27th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
February 12th 2016
LANDED..........
March 16th 2016
Hey Paula_T that's incredibly exciting for you guys!!

Just to clarify, did he receive this is his email or the post office mail? And if it was emailed were you cc'd??

My husband doesn't check his email as often as I do and probably can go a week or so without bothering as he doesn't use it very much. I've had so much anxiety about the email because we didn't receive an email from Miss when my sponsorship was approved, I received a letter in the mail. I worry that he will get notified by email, not see it or have it go to his junk mail and I amay not even know if they don't cc or send me anything via post office mail... I emailed them a week ago and included our email addresses in case they needed anything from us but we had also put them on our original app so I don't know why we didn't get an email from MISS like some of you did..

Oh and you said you filed in December or November correct? Just checking because I don't see you on the spreadsheet and lately all I do is compare others timelines to guess what ours will be lol.. I'm still praying he lands before our son is born in December.

Anyway just curious and again congrats!!

THANKS!

Sara8513

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 18th 2015
Doc's Request.
Additional proof of relationship requested at interview
AOR Received.
March 28th 2015
File Transfer...
May 20th 2015
Med's Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
March 15th 2015
Interview........
December 3rd 2015
Passport Req..
January 27th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
February 12th 2016
LANDED..........
March 16th 2016
Ladies, you may have already noticed but the processing times for Kingston now read 22 months instead of 23! This must be because of all the luck we have seen this year. Hopefully it only continues!!! It's still quite high but a little lower is better right? ;D