Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
AMEN!

shortyp2000 said:
Thank you. See, we never know when things like that can happen, and change our whole life. Im always thankful for my husband, but Im a little more greatful for him today.
Please KINGSTON VO, let us be with our spouses asap. We need every minute we can get.

lijasha

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2015
Doc's Request.
26-08-2015 - PC
AOR Received.
21-03-2015
Med's Request
With application
Med's Done....
30-09-2014
Passport Req..
03-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2015 - DM!
shortyp2000 said:
My sisters husband was shot and killed at Crossroads a few hours ago. I feel awful. I could not imagine being in her situation. She will be flying down as soon as we can sort her out.
Omg!! I'm so sorry to hear this. :(:( RIP

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
shortyp2000 said:
My sisters husband was shot and killed at Crossroads a few hours ago. I feel awful. I could not imagine being in her situation. She will be flying down as soon as we can sort her out.
Sorry for your loss, try to hold on.... :(

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
Thanks everyone. I really appreciate it. I leave out sunday. Only going for a week but id rather have that than nothing at all.

Cece0225

Star Member
Apr 29, 2015
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
KNG
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2015
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
08-04-2015, SA: 15-04-2015
File Transfer...
15-04-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
18-12-2014
Passport Req..
08-02-2016 DM: 02-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2016
LANDED..........
20-03-2016
shortyp2000 said:
My condolences and sorry about your lost.. I wouldn't like to imagine this type of pain for no one. :( :(

Roxie-B

Jun 23, 2014
Hi guys,

Been reading on another thread that we been having a burst of "in process" being reported, so whats going on for Kingston?

Anyone can confirm that report with us?

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
Roxie-B said:
Hi guys,

Been reading on another thread that we been having a burst of "in process" being reported, so whats going on for Kingston?

Anyone can confirm that report with us?
Omg mine has changed to in progress!!!!
I just checked ecas because I saw your post. Yayyy

FamilyFirst

Jun 19, 2015
Hi guys I have a question.

Has anyone adopted a minor family member from Jamaica before? Is so what was the process and how long did it take? Was it expensive?

I have been in Canada over a year and looking to adopt my soon to be 3 year niece. I mail the application to the adoption agency in Jamaica which is the CDA and I am waiting for a response.

Thank you.

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
Sorry, i know nothing about the adoption process.

I am here in Jamaica now, waiting for hubby to get off work!

FamilyFirst

Jun 19, 2015
SmoothiesQueen said:
Hello ladies, no problem with the sharing. Everyone's experience will be different...as we are different and our men are different. Some will have smoother transitions than others..but still good to be prepared as the one thing my husband still says is...I wish I had been prepared for the fact that it wouldn't all be the dream you painted and I imagined.

Wishing you all the best everyone..hope your other halves are here soon!!

P.S...someone asked about pictures. Upload them to photobucket...and copy the URL you can find under each picture you upload into this box. There is a list of three codes beneath each photo bucket picture you upload. If the URL doesn't work..try one of the other two. The URL code worked for these pictures. When I was applying for my husband...we had a big crowd of us on here. So we always had a picture thread going of wedding and family pics....that's how I learned LOL!!!
I love your story. I am a young lady from Jamaica and my experiences are similar and some different. I do experience racism and it is hurtful. I had lots of it the first 8 months of being in Canada. I think they can sense this girl is new. I got a job two weeks after arriving in Canada. I was doing a lot of research before I arrive and I asked my husband to take to a store he always talked about. I went there ask for a job application form and took it home. I went back and ask for the manager and I explained I just got to Canada and needed a job however I did not have a resume. He was nice enough to offer me a job; that's when racism started. Honestly a lot of Canadians thinks I'm stupid because I speak with an accent and my English is not in the right orders, or I have never heard of what they asking me about. That feeling is degrading for me but I kept the job and I would go home everyday begging my husband to say it is okay for me to quit but he never did. I dreaded going to work I could not eat sometimes because of my fear of treatment I would get from customers.
So after listening carefully how Canadians speak I start to practise on speaking that way. I notice a change in peoples attitude when they think you are Canadian. I can honestly say people are less rude to me when they hear I can speak more Canadian but that's my experience. I did went and got my high school Diploma and currently working on other skills at workshops they have for Immigrants so I can get a different job.
Canada has defiantly toughen me up; and I learned to smile so hard even when I am so angry. My husband always reminded me "This is not Jamaica you cannot say that, you cannot do that etc".
As for our relationship as a couple yes it can be difficult in so many ways. This is our first time living together so we are learning new things everyday. My husband use to treat me like his child, cook, clean etc and even tells me what to do. It drove me crazy after awhile I told him many time I'm not his child and he needs to stop it. It took months of me rebelling and now he's where I've always wanted him to be. I feel better having responsibilities. My husband thinks it would be hard for me to adjust which is quite to opposite. I had to force him to bring to get my driver's licence because he think I was not ready and I passes. I took the buses on my own across the city which he think I would get lost and I didn't, I found places he's never been, I did so much without his help because he thought I was not capable.
Things like that gets me real upset with him, but he's so much better now that he see that I am not stupid and I can adapt real quick. Now I feel like a woman and I see he has more respect for me than when we met. I always found my own clinic where I took it upon myself to make sure I was fully vaccinated and have immunity to everything. I think I am to independent for my husband ha ha.
So we had tuns of arguments where I packed my stuffs few times saying I'm leaving knowing I am not going anywhere. It does get better; within the year omg we came so far. the struggles have died down now and our worries are now about getting house, saving anf things like that. We both agree we are not each others enemy.

chucky44

Feb 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
30-06-15
AOR Received.
02-08-15
File Transfer...
31-08-15 and Kingston started Process 9-9-15
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
22-04-15
Interview........
11-08-16 and got interview e-mail 07-07-16
Passport Req..
11-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-16
LANDED..........
22-08-16
FamilyFirst said:
Hi guys I have a question.

Has anyone adopted a minor family member from Jamaica before? Is so what was the process and how long did it take? Was it expensive?

I have been in Canada over a year and looking to adopt my soon to be 3 year niece. I mail the application to the adoption agency in Jamaica which is the CDA and I am waiting for a response.

Thank you.
here some info- http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/adoption/differences.asp

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
FamilyFirst said:
I love your story. I am a young lady from Jamaica and my experiences are similar and some different. I do experience racism and it is hurtful. I had lots of it the first 8 months of being in Canada. I think they can sense this girl is new. I got a job two weeks after arriving in Canada. I was doing a lot of research before I arrive and I asked my husband to take to a store he always talked about. I went there ask for a job application form and took it home. I went back and ask for the manager and I explained I just got to Canada and needed a job however I did not have a resume. He was nice enough to offer me a job; that's when racism started. Honestly a lot of Canadians thinks I'm stupid because I speak with an accent and my English is not in the right orders, or I have never heard of what they asking me about. That feeling is degrading for me but I kept the job and I would go home everyday begging my husband to say it is okay for me to quit but he never did. I dreaded going to work I could not eat sometimes because of my fear of treatment I would get from customers.
So after listening carefully how Canadians speak I start to practise on speaking that way. I notice a change in peoples attitude when they think you are Canadian. I can honestly say people are less rude to me when they hear I can speak more Canadian but that's my experience. I did went and got my high school Diploma and currently working on other skills at workshops they have for Immigrants so I can get a different job.
Canada has defiantly toughen me up; and I learned to smile so hard even when I am so angry. My husband always reminded me "This is not Jamaica you cannot say that, you cannot do that etc".
As for our relationship as a couple yes it can be difficult in so many ways. This is our first time living together so we are learning new things everyday. My husband use to treat me like his child, cook, clean etc and even tells me what to do. It drove me crazy after awhile I told him many time I'm not his child and he needs to stop it. It took months of me rebelling and now he's where I've always wanted him to be. I feel better having responsibilities. My husband thinks it would be hard for me to adjust which is quite to opposite. I had to force him to bring to get my driver's licence because he think I was not ready and I passes. I took the buses on my own across the city which he think I would get lost and I didn't, I found places he's never been, I did so much without his help because he thought I was not capable.
Things like that gets me real upset with him, but he's so much better now that he see that I am not stupid and I can adapt real quick. Now I feel like a woman and I see he has more respect for me than when we met. I always found my own clinic where I took it upon myself to make sure I was fully vaccinated and have immunity to everything. I think I am to independent for my husband ha ha.
So we had tuns of arguments where I packed my stuffs few times saying I'm leaving knowing I am not going anywhere. It does get better; within the year omg we came so far. the struggles have died down now and our worries are now about getting house, saving anf things like that. We both agree we are not each others enemy.
Thank you for the story. I can relate to that. I am Canadian and often go live with my husband in Jamaica. I experience the racism in Jamaica. Not all, but alot of people here (jamaica) stereo type white ppl, think that we are all idiots with money to hand out to everyone on the road. They think white people cant understand Patois and talk bad about us in front of us. So, Im sorry that you feel you have been treated that way in Canada, but racism is here in Jamaica too.
Its also nice to hear that you are able to start finding ur way around and being independant. Thats great :)

Sara8513

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 18th 2015
Doc's Request.
Additional proof of relationship requested at interview
AOR Received.
March 28th 2015
File Transfer...
May 20th 2015
Med's Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
March 15th 2015
Interview........
December 3rd 2015
Passport Req..
January 27th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
February 12th 2016
LANDED..........
March 16th 2016
I just checked my husbands ECAS and we have changed to in process!!!! Woohoo!!!

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
Sara8513 said:
I just checked my husbands ECAS and we have changed to in process!!!! Woohoo!!!
Thats awesome!!