Passport Req..
12-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-2016
LANDED..........
12-11-2016
Roxie-B said:
Good Morning JamFam!!!!!!!

While I haven't been present I have been keeping up with whats happening on here :D

I haven't seen HW on here for a while... I hope she bring back all the soous and excitement back come tell us.

HW betta come on here and say "me get PPR :eek: :p"

:)

But guys it's another Friday which means another week passed ....

What a way the year a done quick sah!!!! ???

Marshaleeeeee Welcooommmmeee!!!! :p :p :p :p ;D

1).Marshalee in my opinion if you can provide nuff evidence provide nuff.. they will know u genuine get lazy and give you the visa by next week.... a fool all a we,..that's waiting so long, fool .. a bet you if we did give dem we diary we would all be in Canada by now.... :-X

So yes Marsha lee as much as you can.

I would suggest envelopes as requested just organize them well days moths and year in each.. I think that would be easier so like
One envelop can have june 2015 placed at the front and a cover letter inside listing all that is covered in there phone calls fb pages, whats app, Skype, bank account, for that month etc. (note this will take a while though cause you have to be very careful and go over it to make sure everything flows.. so take you time)

2). Once CIC is finished with your application They will send back all your documents.

3). where you are living know will nt affect your application. My husband is also living with his relatives and we are almost finished.

there is also a thread on here that goes into details as to how to organize the application. it is very insightful and the guy was very detailed and also had a lot of information in his application as well so you can look at that i will try to find the thread and post it for you.

Agen WElcome and anything else thats puzzling you we are all here to help.

Here is the thread and a few more are also quoted in there as well good luck
I'm a newbie here as well, been checking on here for a bit for info/tips and have to say it's been so much help. I'm in the middle of putting this application together and our wedding coming up in JA in a few weeks...my brain is fried...this info has helped so much and remotivated me to tackle that big pile of paper and organize the sh*t out of it to get hubby here asap :eek: :eek:

thanks so much, will keep in touch...I'm gonna need the support along this road.

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
canjamdiva said:
I'm a newbie here as well, been checking on here for a bit for info/tips and have to say it's been so much help. I'm in the middle of putting this application together and our wedding coming up in JA in a few weeks...my brain is fried...this info has helped so much and remotivated me to tackle that big pile of paper and organize the sh*t out of it to get hubby here asap :eek: :eek:

thanks so much, will keep in touch...I'm gonna need the support along this road.
Welcome to you as well! And good luck on the wedding

marshalee

Aug 6, 2015
Roxie-B said:
Good Morning JamFam!!!!!!!

While I haven't been present I have been keeping up with whats happening on here :D

I haven't seen HW on here for a while... I hope she bring back all the soous and excitement back come tell us.

HW betta come on here and say "me get PPR :eek: :p"

:)

But guys it's another Friday which means another week passed ....

What a way the year a done quick sah!!!! ???

Marshaleeeeee Welcooommmmeee!!!! :p :p :p :p ;D

1).Marshalee in my opinion if you can provide nuff evidence provide nuff.. they will know u genuine get lazy and give you the visa by next week.... a fool all a we,..that's waiting so long, fool .. a bet you if we did give dem we diary we would all be in Canada by now.... :-X

So yes Marsha lee as much as you can.

I would suggest envelopes as requested just organize them well days moths and year in each.. I think that would be easier so like
One envelop can have june 2015 placed at the front and a cover letter inside listing all that is covered in there phone calls fb pages, whats app, Skype, bank account, for that month etc. (note this will take a while though cause you have to be very careful and go over it to make sure everything flows.. so take you time)

2). Once CIC is finished with your application They will send back all your documents.

3). where you are living know will nt affect your application. My husband is also living with his relatives and we are almost finished.

there is also a thread on here that goes into details as to how to organize the application. it is very insightful and the guy was very detailed and also had a lot of information in his application as well so you can look at that i will try to find the thread and post it for you.

Agen WElcome and anything else thats puzzling you we are all here to help.

Here is the thread and a few more are also quoted in there as well good luck
Thanks Roxie B for taking the time to response! I really appreciate your input!! And thanks for the warm welcome :D :D love the family vibes here! I'll def look at that link you sent.

marshalee

Aug 6, 2015
MelJam said:
Hi and welcome to Jamfam!

1) I think you do not need to send over a thousand of pages. I remember I sent like 300 pages of whatsapp convos explaining that I can go back more than 3 months in history + not even 20 pictures as proof of relationship and that's it.

2) When the process is done they return all the pictures or cards in the same package of your passport (shiny visa in).

3) Theres no problem to live with roomates or who ever. 5 years ago I was living with 2 of my cousins and 1 of them was in the process of sponsorship and it never stop the process.

Hope that is help, and let me know when you send your app, I will add you to the spreadsheet. Look the link in my signature so you will have an idea of the delay of immigration journey! ;)

***Suggestion : Pay everything from the beginning if you don't want to slowdown the process. Be proactive, when you PC expire after 9 months redo it before they request it. Meds, you can wait even its expired, they will extend it if your file is in good order.
Thanks MelJam!! I'm just so nervous and I want everything to go smoothly and really we talk A LOT so I just wanted them to see that. Hopefully they see those pages and just kmt and issue the visa dwl. i called cic & the agent told me should I decide to send a parcel I should do so through courier service so I'm gonna do that. Thanks for all the info tho I really appreciate it! And yes we will be paying for everything upfront, hopefully that helps things to go faster. Thanks again! I really appreciate your input!

chucky44

Feb 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
30-06-15
AOR Received.
02-08-15
File Transfer...
31-08-15 and Kingston started Process 9-9-15
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
22-04-15
Interview........
11-08-16 and got interview e-mail 07-07-16
Passport Req..
11-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-16
LANDED..........
22-08-16
Meljam checked wifey ecas it says sponsorship in process can you update the spreadsheet

Sara8513

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 18th 2015
Doc's Request.
Additional proof of relationship requested at interview
AOR Received.
March 28th 2015
File Transfer...
May 20th 2015
Med's Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
March 15th 2015
Interview........
December 3rd 2015
Passport Req..
January 27th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
February 12th 2016
LANDED..........
March 16th 2016
Hey ladies. I've never put my info on my side thing but I thought maybe I would however I'm
Not sure what AOR received means?? Is this when we received our approval from Mississauga?
Thanks! These abbreviations confuse me!!

chucky44

Feb 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
30-06-15
AOR Received.
02-08-15
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
22-04-15
Interview........
Passport Req..
11-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-16
LANDED..........
22-08-16
Sara8513 said:
Hey ladies. I've never put my info on my side thing but I thought maybe I would however I'm
Not sure what AOR received means?? Is this when we received our approval from Mississauga?
Thanks! These abbreviations confuse me!!
It mean acknowledgment of receipts,when you get a email for cic that they have received your application.

Sara8513

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 18th 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
March 28th 2015
File Transfer...
May 20th 2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
March 15th 2015
Interview........
December 3rd 2015
Passport Req..
January 27th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
February 12th 2016
LANDED..........
March 16th 2016
Is it unusual that my husband and I never received an email from them other than when I first made the purchase online I got a receipt emailed right away?

My filed on March 19th with all receipts paid, medical and crim check done etc. received my letter from Canada for approval in May and Kingston has had our file since June 8th I believe.

I have only now received an emailed response from Kingston after emailing them.

Other than that no contact. Should I be at all worried about that?

chucky44

Feb 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
30-06-15
AOR Received.
02-08-15
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
22-04-15
Interview........
Passport Req..
11-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-16
LANDED..........
22-08-16
Sara8513 said:
Is it unusual that my husband and I never received an email from them other than when I first made the purchase online I got a receipt emailed right away?

My filed on March 19th with all receipts paid, medical and crim check done etc. received my letter from Canada for approval in May and Kingston has had our file since June 8th I believe.

I don't go through that process yet but i don't think you have anything to worried about, maybe someone will give you a better answer.

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
Sara8513 said:

Did you include your email address specifically in your application? Because if you got a paper letter it seems as if they dont have your email set as the way to notify you. You can email them and ask them to set it as your email. After I got my SA, they only emailed me for missing documents and then only if I email them. If you got SA in May and handed in all documents you may have a bit of a wait before they contact you

Sara8513

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 18th 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
March 28th 2015
File Transfer...
May 20th 2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
March 15th 2015
Interview........
December 3rd 2015
Passport Req..
January 27th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
February 12th 2016
LANDED..........
March 16th 2016
shortyp2000 said:
Did you include your email address specifically in your application? Because if you got a paper letter it seems as if they dont have your email set as the way to notify you. You can email them and ask them to set it as your email. After I got my SA, they only emailed me for missing documents and then only if I email them. If you got SA in May and handed in all documents you may have a bit of a wait before they contact you
Yes both of our emails were in our package which is why it's odd.
How long into your process did you get word about missing documents? It worries me because my husband of course just has a box in Jamaica, not a. House address so if they are trying to reach him for documents I wonder how fast we would know. They of course also have our phone numbers and I just our online status every week.. I would just hate to miss any correspondence.

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
Sara8513 said:
Yes both of our emails were in our package which is why it's odd.
How long into your process did you get word about missing documents? It worries me because my husband of course just has a box in Jamaica, not a. House address so if they are trying to reach him for documents I wonder how fast we would know. They of course also have our phone numbers and I just our online status every week.. I would just hate to miss any correspondence.
I applied in december and heard by email for the documents on may 31st. They emailed my hubby but cc'd my email address too. If i were you, I would email them to make sure they have your email as the method of correspondence just in case. As for the eCas, a lot of us have seen that they dont update after it shows "application received/medicals received" until you get your passport back. Not everyone, but most times they dont update.

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
chucky44 said:
Meljam checked wifey ecas it says sponsorship in process can you update the spreadsheet
Hi Chucky, I don't update ECAS status on Sponsorship, only on Permanent Residence status. So I guess you will received the email soon for approval on sponsorship. Keep me posted!

chucky44

Feb 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
30-06-15
AOR Received.
02-08-15
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
22-04-15
Interview........
Passport Req..
11-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-16
LANDED..........
22-08-16
MelJam said:
Hi Chucky, I don't update ECAS status on Sponsorship, only on Permanent Residence status. So I guess you will received the email soon for approval on sponsorship. Keep me posted!
ok no problem

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
Finally heard back from my MP. THIS IS WHAT SHE SAID:

I called the MP help line and was able to get the following information. You applied for sponsorship on December 18, 2014. The first step eligibility (of the sponsor) was passed on March 7, 2015. File was forwarded to Kingston on March 17, 2015. Documents request to review eligibility were requested and received. Bona fides of the relationship are being reviewed. Once this is completed then Criminality, security and background checks will be started. The normal processing time out of Jamaica is 25 months. This is based on the number of applications received and all applications are processed in the order they are received.

It is very uncommon that a temporary residence visa is issued during the processing of a sponsorship.

I hope this information is helpful.

That info isnt really helpful. Ive known this since May 31st.