Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
Jessie2014 said:
Good evening jam Fam. Kingston sent back the passport today and we will receive it tomorrow morning. Hubby is packing up and getting ready to jet set!!! God is good! How's everyone holding up.
Yayyyyy girl ! I'm so happy for you, this the most exciting moment of your life trust me and its going to be a rollercoaster of emotion (especially the wait at the airport)...when hubby will fly? :p

Oh and can you confirm when you send the passport in and which company u used, which addresss u send it it...cause I remember it was little complicated with a PO Box...just a ``FYI`` for everyones, thanks hun! :)

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
Im a little down today. Its been 12 days since I last heard from the MP who said she was going to look into things for me. I called her office today and left a message and then I emailed her to ask whats going on and if she had looked into things for me. No change in eCas, which I expected. Im still trying to be positive though, holding on to hope that something happens soon!

Jessie2014

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 29, 2014
Doc's Request.
Additional photos, police clearance and FBI redo requested February 17, 2015/FBI REDO SINCE FIRST TWO WERE INCORRECT. RECEIVED IN MARCH 29
File Transfer...
July 24, 2014
Med's Done....
March 26, 2014 (Received as per CIC)
Passport Req..
July 24, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 4, 2015
MelJam said:
Yayyyyy girl ! I'm so happy for you, this the most exciting moment of your life trust me and its going to be a rollercoaster of emotion (especially the wait at the airport)...when hubby will fly? :p

Oh and can you confirm when you send the passport in and which company u used, which addresss u send it it...cause I remember it was little complicated with a PO Box...just a ``FYI`` for everyones, thanks hun! :)
shortyp2000 said:
Thats great news, congrats

Roxie-B said:
That was quick man...... ;D

All the best Jessie!!!!!!!!
lijasha said:
Amazing news!
lijasha said:
Amazing news!
T HANK you ladies!! You;'ve been such a huge support! We got the passport today with the shiny visa in it, along with other documents that I could barely read from the pic....FYI, my husband is living in the US and did not have to land in Jamaica before he comes to Canada...in case anyone else is in our situation.

Also Mel, we used FEDEX and we shipped one day service. We sent it July 25 and they shipped it Aug 4 and it arrived Aug 5. We shipped to the physical address and not the po address. Hubby is tying up some loose ends and then he'll be on his way. This is so surreal...I'm so anxious! It finally says decision made.....OMG....Ladies I'm rooting for the rest of you to get through this week to next. keep trusting the Most High. Your time is coming!!!

lexi

Sep 19, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2013
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
File Transfer...
15-10-2013
Med's Done....
05-15-2013, Voluntary redo 10-02-2014
Interview........
19-11-2014
Passport Req..
19-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2014
LANDED..........
28-11-2014 coming home with me!
So, I finally heard back about our application for the kids from immigration. They returned the application on June 1st stating that a form was missing. We returned it and they received it back on June 5th. We have been feverishly checking ECAS to no avail.

Today we received an email saying that the file was received 2015/06/25. However, we sponsored both children and it only states that 1 of them is named on the app.

OMG. Here we go again.

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
Jessie2014 said:
T HANK you ladies!! You;'ve been such a huge support! We got the passport today with the shiny visa in it, along with other documents that I could barely read from the pic....FYI, my husband is living in the US and did not have to land in Jamaica before he comes to Canada...in case anyone else is in our situation.

Also Mel, we used FEDEX and we shipped one day service. We sent it July 25 and they shipped it Aug 4 and it arrived Aug 5. We shipped to the physical address and not the po address. Hubby is tying up some loose ends and then he'll be on his way. This is so surreal...I'm so anxious! It finally says decision made.....OMG....Ladies I'm rooting for the rest of you to get through this week to next. keep trusting the Most High. Your time is coming!!!
Thanks for the info and I wish you the best in your new life to begin! Come back with landing story ! :) Yay yay !

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
lexi said:
So, I finally heard back about our application for the kids from immigration. They returned the application on June 1st stating that a form was missing. We returned it and they received it back on June 5th. We have been feverishly checking ECAS to no avail.

Today we received an email saying that the file was received 2015/06/25. However, we sponsored both children and it only states that 1 of them is named on the app.

OMG. Here we go again.
Hi Lexi, long time no see ! :)
But do you remember if both names was on the app? Cause if not, I pretty sure the kid could not come here if he is not mentionned on the app. My cousin went throught this. Her husband's daughter was not mentionned on the app cause she was not even borned....and even this he cant make her come here cause when he applied he should have mentionned on the app that a baby will born soon. (Yea he made another lady pregnant while he was with my cousin) . Good luck and keep me posted. Welcome back to JamFam!

chucky44

Feb 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
30-06-15
AOR Received.
02-08-15
File Transfer...
31-08-15 and Kingston started Process 9-9-15
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
22-04-15
Interview........
11-08-16 and got interview e-mail 07-07-16
Passport Req..
11-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-16
LANDED..........
22-08-16
Hi everyone check ecas they acknowledge that they receive application on July 2nd I am just updating you guys

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
chucky44 said:
Hi everyone check ecas they acknowledge that they receive application on July 2nd I am just updating you guys
Thats good! So they got it! Ok ok.
My eCas hasnt changed. Still no word from MP or VO. Maybe no news is good news, lets hope.

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
Can u guys believe this idiot? Read this post.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/getting-married-for-travel-benefits-t333466.0.html

chucky44

Feb 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
30-06-15
AOR Received.
02-08-15
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
22-04-15
Interview........
Passport Req..
11-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-16
LANDED..........
22-08-16
shortyp2000 said:
Can u guys believe this idiot? Read this post.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/getting-married-for-travel-benefits-t333466.0.html
I started reading it and stop trust me smh

chucky44

Feb 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
30-06-15
AOR Received.
02-08-15
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
22-04-15
Interview........
Passport Req..
11-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-16
LANDED..........
22-08-16
shortyp2000 said:
Thats good! So they got it! Ok ok.
My eCas hasnt changed. Still no word from MP or VO. Maybe no news is good news, lets hope.
Just hold the faith

marshalee

Aug 6, 2015
Hi guys, I'm new to this but I absolutely love the sense of community here, people genuinely want to help :) ok, so I've been living here in Canada for almost 3 yrs and recently got married in March of this year. My husband lives back home in Jamaica. We are going to send in our application soon and I'm a nervous wreck cause I just want everything to go smoothly. I'm hoping someone will be able to help me answer these questions:

1) We have a lot of conversations (whatsapp, fb, yahoo etc) & I kid you not I've printed over a thousand pages of convos :) Is this too much? And will they accept a small parcel (eg. box) or does everything have to fit in an envelope as stated on their website?
2) I was told by a friend who knows someone who did this & she received her personal belongings such as cards and pictures back from cic. is this true?
3) I currently don't have my own place as I'm living with relatives to save as much as possible before he comes, will this affect our application?

Can't think of anything else right now but I'd really appreciate those questions answered. Nuff love!!

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
marshalee said:
Hi guys, I'm new to this but I absolutely love the sense of community here, people genuinely want to help :) ok, so I've been living here in Canada for almost 3 yrs and recently got married in March of this year. My husband lives back home in Jamaica. We are going to send in our application soon and I'm a nervous wreck cause I just want everything to go smoothly. I'm hoping someone will be able to help me answer these questions:

1) We have a lot of conversations (whatsapp, fb, yahoo etc) & I kid you not I've printed over a thousand pages of convos :) Is this too much? And will they accept a small parcel (eg. box) or does everything have to fit in an envelope as stated on their website?
2) I was told by a friend who knows someone who did this & she received her personal belongings such as cards and pictures back from cic. is this true?
3) I currently don't have my own place as I'm living with relatives to save as much as possible before he comes, will this affect our application?

Can't think of anything else right now but I'd really appreciate those questions answered. Nuff love!!
Hi marshalee,sorry that im not too sure about the answers to those questions, but Id like to say welcome!
I think the more info the better, but im not sure if they accept boxes or not.
Living with others shouldnt affect the application. Dont worry tho, someone will be able to answer better than me soon :) welcome to the group.

Roxie-B

Jun 23, 2014
Good Morning JamFam!!!!!!!

While I haven't been present I have been keeping up with whats happening on here :D

I haven't seen HW on here for a while... I hope she bring back all the soous and excitement back come tell us.

HW betta come on here and say "me get PPR :eek: :p"

:)

But guys it's another Friday which means another week passed ....

What a way the year a done quick sah!!!! ???

Marshaleeeeee Welcooommmmeee!!!! :p :p :p :p ;D

1).Marshalee in my opinion if you can provide nuff evidence provide nuff.. they will know u genuine get lazy and give you the visa by next week.... a fool all a we,..that's waiting so long, fool .. a bet you if we did give dem we diary we would all be in Canada by now.... :-X

So yes Marsha lee as much as you can.

I would suggest envelopes as requested just organize them well days moths and year in each.. I think that would be easier so like
One envelop can have june 2015 placed at the front and a cover letter inside listing all that is covered in there phone calls fb pages, whats app, Skype, bank account, for that month etc. (note this will take a while though cause you have to be very careful and go over it to make sure everything flows.. so take you time)

2). Once CIC is finished with your application They will send back all your documents.

3). where you are living know will nt affect your application. My husband is also living with his relatives and we are almost finished.

there is also a thread on here that goes into details as to how to organize the application. it is very insightful and the guy was very detailed and also had a lot of information in his application as well so you can look at that i will try to find the thread and post it for you.

Agen WElcome and anything else thats puzzling you we are all here to help.

Here is the thread and a few more are also quoted in there as well good luck

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-im-organizing-my-application-t232046.0.html

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
marshalee said:

Hi and welcome to Jamfam!

1) I think you do not need to send over a thousand of pages. I remember I sent like 300 pages of whatsapp convos explaining that I can go back more than 3 months in history + not even 20 pictures as proof of relationship and that's it.

2) When the process is done they return all the pictures or cards in the same package of your passport (shiny visa in).

3) Theres no problem to live with roomates or who ever. 5 years ago I was living with 2 of my cousins and 1 of them was in the process of sponsorship and it never stop the process.

Hope that is help, and let me know when you send your app, I will add you to the spreadsheet. Look the link in my signature so you will have an idea of the delay of immigration journey! ;)

***Suggestion : Pay everything from the beginning if you don't want to slowdown the process. Be proactive, when you PC expire after 9 months redo it before they request it. Meds, you can wait even its expired, they will extend it if your file is in good order.