+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

calgariancanuck

Feb 10, 2014
calgariancanuck said:
Submitted September 24th 2013.
Contacted September 15th Via email for Medical and police record (ours expired) (re-do)
Contacted Via Email to submit Passport Documents October 3rd 2014

Note: Nothing is processed in Jamaica. All Jamaican Sponsorship Applications are processed in Trinidad and Tobago And as of 2015 all PR applications will be processed in Canada. (date unknown)
Date Corrections

Submitted Application September 14 2013(along with Police report, medical and fees paid in full)
Approved to be Sponsor September 24 2013
Emailed on August 22nd 2014 (Resubmit Medical and Police report as it expired in May 2014 via courier POS)
Sent Police report, Medical and IMM008 form on September 8th 2014
Email received October 3rd 2014 to submit Passport documents (POS/Courier)
Passport retrieval date November 9th 2014 :D :D :D :D :D :D

bieraumane

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2013
Doc's Request.
September 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
December 18 2014
VISA ISSUED...
February 12 2015
LANDED..........
February 12 2015
calgariancanuck said:
Date Corrections

Submitted Application September 14 2013(along with Police report, medical and fees paid in full)
Approved to be Sponsor September 24 2013
Emailed on August 22nd 2014 (Resubmit Medical and Police report as it expired in May 2014 via courier POS)
Sent Police report, Medical and IMM008 form on September 8th 2014
Email received October 3rd 2014 to submit Passport documents (POS/Courier)
Passport retrieval date November 9th 2014 :D :D :D :D :D :D
When you send documents to POS, do they give acknowledgment that it has been received?

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Oh happy days!!! DECISION MADE!!!!

DADDYS GIRL

Sep 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2012
Doc's Request.
12-03-2014
AOR Received.
16-05-2012
File Transfer...
29-05-2012
Med's Done....
16-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2014 - Rec: 19-05-2014
LANDED..........
23-05-2014
sammystorm19 said:
More than Happy Days...Let's break out the Moet and get a party started. I know DJ Ready will be along soon. From the bottom of my heart I'm filled with joy and happiness for you and baby girl and the little one to come.

Mr. Sammy will be home right before the really cold weather starts in time to give you back rubs and be there for the birth of baby.

Can't wait for your landing story. Congratulations my friend... :-*

Mrs. Parkin

Nov 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN then POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 1, 2013
Doc's Request.
October 30, 2014
AOR Received.
December 9, 2013
File Transfer...
October 17, 2013
Med's Request
Extended
Med's Done....
September 3, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 30, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 1, 2014
sammystorm19 said:
Excellent!!!! So happy for you Sammy!!!! :-* :-* Cannot WAIT to hear your landing story!!!!

CalgarianCanuck...It's refreshing to see one of us from POS getting through!! However...I'm a little concerned because hubby sent his updated Police Record to KGN...not POS directly...

Also, as for the interview for POS...I don't think they can actual interview Jamaicans, seeing as Jamaicans can't even leave the Island without visa's...so I wouldn't be concerned, like Sammy said, they interview a lot of the time, so maybe they just have email templates they use when they get to certain stages and just didn't change it.

DADDYS GIRL

Sep 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2012
Doc's Request.
12-03-2014
AOR Received.
16-05-2012
File Transfer...
29-05-2012
Med's Done....
16-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2014 - Rec: 19-05-2014
LANDED..........
23-05-2014
Mrs. Parkin said:
Excellent!!!! So happy for you Sammy!!!! :-* :-* Cannot WAIT to hear your landing story!!!!

CalgarianCanuck...It's refreshing to see one of us from POS getting through!! However...I'm a little concerned because hubby sent his updated Police Record to KGN...not POS directly...

Also, as for the interview for POS...I don't think they can actual interview Jamaicans, seeing as Jamaicans can't even leave the Island without visa's...so I wouldn't be concerned, like Sammy said, they interview a lot of the time, so maybe they just have email templates they use when they get to certain stages and just didn't change it.
Good morning Mrs. Parkin

Jamaican Nationals can travel to certain countries without a VISA. This includes CARICOM countries which T&T belongs to.

I'm not sure about the interview location protocol but a Jamaican National doesn't need a Visa to travel to Trinidad just a valid travel document.

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Mrs. Parkin said:

Thanks Hun

And a side note....Jamaicans don't need a visa to travel to Trinidad...however they shouldn't be interviewing there

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
DADDYS GIRL said:
More than Happy Days...Let's break out the Moet and get a party started. I know DJ Ready will be along soon. From the bottom of my heart I'm filled with joy and happiness for you and baby girl and the little one to come.

Mr. Sammy will be home right before the really cold weather starts in time to give you back rubs and be there for the birth of baby.

Can't wait for your landing story. Congratulations my friend... :-*
Thanks DG!!! We've been waiting for this day and I'm waiting for DJ readys song!! Brap brap!!

steen

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
Doc's Request.
April 23 2014
File Transfer...
July 2013
Med's Request
April 24 2014 for children
Med's Done....
June 2013. Now extended until April 30th 2015
Passport Req..
Jan 22 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 31/2015!!!!
sammystorm19 said:

YAY!! Congratulations Sammy!!! I can only imagine the excitement you must be feeling right now! Can't wait to read you landing story!

Come on Kingston keep working fast. We need our spouses home let's hope Kingston and pos send out some more ppr or get some more movement. Ppr ppr ppr ppr ppr

steen

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
Doc's Request.
April 23 2014
File Transfer...
July 2013
Med's Request
April 24 2014 for children
Med's Done....
June 2013. Now extended until April 30th 2015
Passport Req..
Jan 22 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 31/2015!!!!
Boo so my mp has tried to contact RCMP to find out what's going on and why its been taking so long and has been told from the RCMP " it'll be done when its done" and that there are no real processing times for the RCMP reports.... Wth kind of answer is that! Grr I'm so mad not even am estimate or it may be so long just it'll be done when its done... How rude of them! I'm beyond annoyed right now, its been over 140 days waiting and I'm so tired of this horrible process! So tired of having to blindly wait because no one seems to know how to communicate. I'm so tired of being treated as if our lives are not important and that 16 months (and counting) of our lives is an acceptable time to be taking away. :( :( :( !!!!!

OK rant over... Sorry guys I'm trying to stay strong but this process is killing me and my son. Its so difficult especially when ur 2 year old asks when Dada can come home 20x a day

cafelatte02

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/03/2013
Doc's Request.
09/17/2014, birth, marriage cert. and sched. A
AOR Received.
19/04/2013
File Transfer...
03/04/2013
Med's Done....
15/01/2013
Interview........
None required
Passport Req..
29/09/2014!!!
VISA ISSUED...
16/10/2014
LANDED..........
PLEASE GOD MAKE HUBBY FLY WITH ME ON OCT19 - AND SO HE DID!
Good morning Jam Fam, thank you all for your sweet messages, blessings and all it is truly warming up our hearts Mr cafelatte02 and I :-*

Congrats to everyone that received great news, seems like not only Kingston but POS is now working hard to get our spouse home for Christmas.

We owe you a landing story, here it is as promised. Last time I post, we we're boarding our direct flight to Montreal. What a feeling to be able to pass the security TOGETHER, no more painfull separations! The Mr is right beside me as I write, he can give me his insights ;) Hand in hand we got upstairs to do bit of extra duty free shopping (after the Magnum and Rum cream stocks lol!). Escalators give a bit of challenge to hubby, it made us both laughing. Then we went to have a nice breakfast at air Margaritaville, hubby whatched football while I was reading the posts on the forum and writing to you guys. After it was boarding sent you my message right before we board so you basically get to travel with us.

The flight went super well, I had booked option plus, so we had sparkling wine, blankets, meal and drinks to make it even nicer. Hubby had the window seat to see the take off and he was overwelmed with feelings (finally got there after this long waiting, travelling with wife, on my way to my new home, seeing sweet JA becoming smaller thinking until we see again. He was amazed that we were flying even higher than the clouds :p) His first flight experience went like a charm, except the last 20 minutes of landing preparations, loosing altitude gave him a lot of eardrums pain, even if a gave him gum, make him swallow and all. This anoying incomfort last all day and all night and was top shape Monday morning. After landing there was lots of flights at the customs, so it was a bit long. Then we had go through immigration and it took forever we weren't the only ones, we had to wait for almost 2 1/2 to see both Canada and Quebec officers. They were all nice to hubby and once called, it took about 20 minutes total and were off to the exit. We had a big welcoming party at the arrivals, my sisters, my brother's in law, niece, nephew waiting for us with balloons, flowers, winter coat for my husband, it was really nice. It was cold outside 7 degrees, but he didn't freak out he knew what to expect.

I was working yesterday, he spent the day with my son who showed him the surrounding, finished earlier to meet them, grossery, diner and stuff and took a day off today to solve the paper work, buy him a winter coat, winter boots and gear of his choosing and all.

We are happy, truly blessed, ready to face anything together because our love is strong.

Bless you all Jam Fam, wish you all good news and happy ending. We've waited more than 19 months to be reunited, we know we'll have many more challenge to face, but in the end I tell you it is all worth it!

cafelatte02

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/03/2013
Doc's Request.
09/17/2014, birth, marriage cert. and sched. A
AOR Received.
19/04/2013
File Transfer...
03/04/2013
Med's Done....
15/01/2013
Interview........
None required
Passport Req..
29/09/2014!!!
VISA ISSUED...
16/10/2014
LANDED..........
PLEASE GOD MAKE HUBBY FLY WITH ME ON OCT19 - AND SO HE DID!
sammystorm19 said:
Whoop whoop Crystal Champagne and confettis!!!! So happy for you gal! We are patient, it is hard and when it finaly happens it is sweet I tell u! Three times more for you, baby gal and the little one coming!!!!! (Do you know if it's a baby girl or boy?).

Starts stalking DHL and look for flights sweetie dady will soon be home :-*

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
CanJammer said:
hi guys should i be worried

This Family Class application was received by our office after being forwarded by Case Processing Centre Mississauga. Following an initial review, this application was queued for interview and is currently awaiting its turn for scheduling, based on the date it was received. Interviews are normally conducted at the High Commission of Canada in Port of Spain. Once an interview date is scheduled, the applicant will receive an appointment/interview letter approximately four to six weeks before interview.

i sent POS an email last nite the responded this morning but could be he lives in Jamaica
Canjammer your letter from POS sounds different than some of the rest of us received so it looks like you may be getting an interview. Whether or not that happens in POS or KGN not sure, but I would hope that they would do it in KGN bc that is a lot of money to travel to POS for an interview and so very unfair! Jamaicans can travel to POS without a visa so it is a possibility. Try calling CIC Ottawa to see if there is a protocol for this type of situation. Please keep us posted.