Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 29, 2014
Doc's Request.
Additional photos, police clearance and FBI redo requested February 17, 2015/FBI REDO SINCE FIRST TWO WERE INCORRECT. RECEIVED IN MARCH 29
File Transfer...
July 24, 2014
Med's Done....
March 26, 2014 (Received as per CIC)
Passport Req..
July 24, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 4, 2015
cafelatte02 said:
Good morning Jam Fam, thank you all for your sweet messages, blessings and all it is truly warming up our hearts Mr cafelatte02 and I :-*

Congrats to everyone that received great news, seems like not only Kingston but POS is now working hard to get our spouse home for Christmas.

We owe you a landing story, here it is as promised. Last time I post, we we're boarding our direct flight to Montreal. What a feeling to be able to pass the security TOGETHER, no more painfull separations! The Mr is right beside me as I write, he can give me his insights ;) Hand in hand we got upstairs to do bit of extra duty free shopping (after the Magnum and Rum cream stocks lol!). Escalators give a bit of challenge to hubby, it made us both laughing. Then we went to have a nice breakfast at air Margaritaville, hubby whatched football while I was reading the posts on the forum and writing to you guys. After it was boarding sent you my message right before we board so you basically get to travel with us.

The flight went super well, I had booked option plus, so we had sparkling wine, blankets, meal and drinks to make it even nicer. Hubby had the window seat to see the take off and he was overwelmed with feelings (finally got there after this long waiting, travelling with wife, on my way to my new home, seeing sweet JA becoming smaller thinking until we see again. He was amazed that we were flying even higher than the clouds :p) His first flight experience went like a charm, except the last 20 minutes of landing preparations, loosing altitude gave him a lot of eardrums pain, even if a gave him gum, make him swallow and all. This anoying incomfort last all day and all night and was top shape Monday morning. After landing there was lots of flights at the customs, so it was a bit long. Then we had go through immigration and it took forever we weren't the only ones, we had to wait for almost 2 1/2 to see both Canada and Quebec officers. They were all nice to hubby and once called, it took about 20 minutes total and were off to the exit. We had a big welcoming party at the arrivals, my sisters, my brother's in law, niece, nephew waiting for us with balloons, flowers, winter coat for my husband, it was really nice. It was cold outside 7 degrees, but he didn't freak out he knew what to expect.

I was working yesterday, he spent the day with my son who showed him the surrounding, finished earlier to meet them, grossery, diner and stuff and took a day off today to solve the paper work, buy him a winter coat, winter boots and gear of his choosing and all.

We are happy, truly blessed, ready to face anything together because our love is strong.

Bless you all Jam Fam, wish you all good news and happy ending. We've waited more than 19 months to be reunited, we know we'll have many more challenge to face, but in the end I tell you it is all worth it!
Beautiful landing story! They always make me tear up. i'm happy that you and your hubby are finally reunited. God bless yall!

Jessie2014

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 29, 2014
Doc's Request.
Additional photos, police clearance and FBI redo requested February 17, 2015/FBI REDO SINCE FIRST TWO WERE INCORRECT. RECEIVED IN MARCH 29
File Transfer...
July 24, 2014
Med's Done....
March 26, 2014 (Received as per CIC)
Passport Req..
July 24, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 4, 2015
sammystorm19 said:
Thanks hun....no champange for this pregnant mama but happy tears all around.

And yes I know what we are having...i haven't posted on here so here it goes..its a.......GIRL!!! yep...another likkle jamaican princess. Daddy better buy a shot gun! LOL
Congrats!!!!! :p :p :p :p

Mrs. Parkin

Nov 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN then POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 1, 2013
Doc's Request.
October 30, 2014
AOR Received.
December 9, 2013
File Transfer...
October 17, 2013
Med's Request
Extended
Med's Done....
September 3, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 30, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 1, 2014
How did I miss your landing story Cafe!!!!??!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! that's so exciting! Keep us in the loop on adjustments and how he gets on with the cold weather!!

So nice that there are families that are getting to FINALLY snuggle up in the cold winter days and right in time for Christmas!! Can't wait for KGN and POS make more of our Christmas wishes come true!!!!

cafelatte02

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/03/2013
Doc's Request.
09/17/2014, birth, marriage cert. and sched. A
AOR Received.
19/04/2013
File Transfer...
03/04/2013
Med's Done....
15/01/2013
Interview........
None required
Passport Req..
29/09/2014!!!
VISA ISSUED...
16/10/2014
LANDED..........
PLEASE GOD MAKE HUBBY FLY WITH ME ON OCT19 - AND SO HE DID!
maty_1319 said:
Cafelatte02 - my husband and your husband are friends:) I guess they are both from same area and worked together for a bit. Either that or your story is the exact same as someone else who just migrated to Montreal ;)
Hey Maty, it would be nice but I really doubt it. My husband didn't get to talk to his Jamaican friends as of yet but your message intrigate my hubby so you can PM me so that we find out if they've worked together or lived in the same community.

Have a good night.

calgariancanuck

Feb 10, 2014
Twoheartsonelove said:
Congrats CC!! Good to see that POS is moving on our files...woo hoo!! What is passport retrieval date? Did they actually tell you the date it would be available and/or sent back to you? If so, wow that is good news considering KGN always plays the "surprise...can be 5 days can be 3 months game" with us in the past.

Also, thanks for telling us the cost of the courier to POS very helpful to know.
Passport retrieval date November 9th 2014
Kingston wont be contacting us at all. Only DHL and a email from POS.
From Approval date to retrieval date 1 year 1 month and 15 days (Application Process) (13 months and 15 days)
It would have been from August but because the medical and police report expired we had to wait an additional month 2 months.
So if we didnt do medical and police report over it would have been 11 months.

calgariancanuck

Feb 10, 2014
Twoheartsonelove said:
Canjammer your letter from POS sounds different than some of the rest of us received so it looks like you may be getting an interview. Whether or not that happens in POS or KGN not sure, but I would hope that they would do it in KGN bc that is a lot of money to travel to POS for an interview and so very unfair! Jamaicans can travel to POS without a visa so it is a possibility. Try calling CIC Ottawa to see if there is a protocol for this type of situation. Please keep us posted.
Your interview will be in Kingston.

calgariancanuck

Feb 10, 2014
Here are my girls :p :p :p :p :D :D :D :D :D

http://s10.postimg.org/wc2evt7sp/IMG_20141013_WA0017.jpg
http://s4.postimg.org/lxkhuv1d9/IMG_20141002_WA0012.jpg
http://s28.postimg.org/8xzwiq7nx/IMG_20141002_WA0013.jpg
http://s29.postimg.org/4ip71mu53/IMG_20141013_WA0013.jpg

PrayerWarrior

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
Good news and happy stories!! :D
Congrats Sammystorm19, Cafelatte02 and CalgarianCanuch!!
By the time December comes around the joy on this thread will have gone through the roof! More positive decisions made and more awesome landing stories! Keep 'em coming!

God bless! :D

calgariancanuck

Feb 10, 2014
PrayerWarrior said:
Good news and happy stories!! :D
Congrats Sammystorm19, Cafelatte02 and CalgarianCanuch!!
By the time December comes around the joy on this thread will have gone through the roof! More positive decisions made and more awesome landing stories! Keep 'em coming!

God bless! :D
bless up PW. ;D :D

cafelatte02

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/03/2013
Doc's Request.
09/17/2014, birth, marriage cert. and sched. A
AOR Received.
19/04/2013
File Transfer...
03/04/2013
Med's Done....
15/01/2013
Interview........
None required
Passport Req..
29/09/2014!!!
VISA ISSUED...
16/10/2014
LANDED..........
PLEASE GOD MAKE HUBBY FLY WITH ME ON OCT19 - AND SO HE DID!
MelJam said:
Yay! Trop contente pour vous ! Ceyon me demandait pour vous ce matin justement ! Je vais lui raconter votre landing story !! Enfinnnnnnnnnnnnnn! Trop malade!! :D On keep in touch ma chérie ! xxxxxx
C'est sur! E vous a bien apprécié tous les deux et trouve Ceyon humble et très sympathique, je crois qu'ils vont bien s'entendre ces deux là, je suis bien contente que nous habitions proche ;D

ballasgirl

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Hello ladies... okay so Trinidad and Tobago sent us a letter asking for additional information, as well as his updated police check.. kind of had a disadvantage as it was dated September 9, 2014 and he only received it the first week of October in his mail; and they only give you 60 days from the date sent... :( hoping that doesn't hinder anything. I just have to FedEx express that to him in Jamaica quick time this week, so by next week he can have it to Trinidad and Tobago.. express of course. Does anyone know rough timelines after this happens? Is this considered an "interview"? Hopefully someone knows.. thanks girls. Xo

calgariancanuck

Feb 10, 2014
ballasgirl said:
Hello ladies... okay so Trinidad and Tobago sent us a letter asking for additional information, as well as his updated police check.. kind of had a disadvantage as it was dated September 9, 2014 and he only received it the first week of October in his mail; and they only give you 60 days from the date sent... :( hoping that doesn't hinder anything. I just have to FedEx express that to him in Jamaica quick time this week, so by next week he can have it to Trinidad and Tobago.. express of course. Does anyone know rough timelines after this happens? Is this considered an "interview"? Hopefully someone knows.. thanks girls. Xo
One is not only woman in here. 2. cant speak on if they going require an interview. 2-3 weeks after they receive updated info and new police record you will hear from them.

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
cafelatte02 said:
C'est sur! E vous a bien apprécié tous les deux et trouve Ceyon humble et très sympathique, je crois qu'ils vont bien s'entendre ces deux là, je suis bien contente que nous habitions proche ;D
On pense exactement pareille pour vous! ;) C'est sure qu'on se revoit les 4 ensembles! :D

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
ballasgirl said:

During this time did you see your ECAS changing to In Process? Because I realized when they requesting something ECAS changed to In Process so if you see it and you receive no PPR or communication to send something I would call to see whats going on....look your ECAS and let me know, I am curious...

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14