14-08-2013 (AUG 30/13) - Recieved in KGN
Med's Done....
07-11-2013
Passport Req..
12-02-2014
LANDED..........
24-12-2014
Hello all,

Unless KGN emails me or calls me to let me know that I need to update medicals/ police record check I am not going to get too excited. There was nothing on the police certificate, they cant just "assume" that it expires in 12 months, that is illegal...not changing or re-doing anything until they let me know.

Immigration should pay the cost of the fees if it expires while in their hands! Just my thoughts... :-X

Sh&Sh

CADsponsor13

Star Member
Oct 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-17-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2013
File Transfer...
06-27-2013
Med's Request
05-28-2013
Med's Done....
06-12-2013
Passport Req..
02-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-26-2014
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
lonely_cdnwife said:
Me and my husband payed the fees to have a lawyer handle our case. I dont think there is any real benefit but we had peace of mind knowing that our application was completed correctly and we had enough documentation to prove our relationship. I now get more/better advice from the forum than my lawyer! I'm sorry i didn't get to post yesterday but i'm sending you my positive vibes today mrs. carm :) This process is extremely difficult and it is easy to get discouraged after months of no communication, but i'm sure you and your hubby will make it through stronger than ever. So keep the faith and remind your husband that a wife as amazing as you, doesn't come cheap and requires a little additional effort :D
Waste of $$$ to hire a lawyer, doesn't do anything special to speed up your case. Doesn't benefit you at all other than you have to fork out thousands to get a lawyer do it for you cuz your too lazy. If your serious about your relationship, spend the time together going over the papers. Fill everything out together. Ask for advise of others that did the filing already. Go over everything together. Make an effort. Looks better when it comes to your application getting reviewed, less scrutinized. Submit what you already know that you worked hard at the relationship over the months or years to prove it is legitimate. We worked on our papers over the course of 8 months before we submitted, it cost us $0 to prepare ourselves other than time on our parts. We actually enjoyed doing the papers together despite being in seperate countries.

blondie1216

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2012 received 26-03-2012
AOR Received.
27-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
11-25-2011 extension requested from IO 11-20-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 27th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
January 14th, 2013 Decision Made!
LANDED..........
In a minute!
Wow havent been here in a while!! How is everyone doing? Glad to see Kingston is moving.. they can be very slow at times.. Congrats to all those getting somewhere and to those waiting.. it wont be long.. Its a stressful process but sooo worth it in the end.

Best wishes to all!

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
CADsponsor13 said:
Waste of $$$ to hire a lawyer, doesn't do anything special to speed up your case. Doesn't benefit you at all other than you have to fork out thousands to get a lawyer do it for you cuz your too lazy. If your serious about your relationship, spend the time together going over the papers. Fill everything out together. Ask for advise of others that did the filing already. Go over everything together. Make an effort. Looks better when it comes to your application getting reviewed, less scrutinized. Submit what you already know that you worked hard at the relationship over the months or years to prove it is legitimate. We worked on our papers over the course of 8 months before we submitted, it cost us $0 to prepare ourselves other than time on our parts. We actually enjoyed doing the papers together despite being in seperate countries.
I don't think it makes a individual lazy if they choose to hire a lawyer due to their circumstances. Legal advise can put together the application in an organized manner along with proof going in the right order. They been doing it for a long time so they would know best. I think that was just straight up ignorant of you how you put it. I don't regret having the lawyer put my application together for me I knew my mind was at ease and I wasn't missing anything.

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
Blondie it's nice of you to drop by well the oldies are still here not much people have gotten through. We're all still here 2012 applicants holding on expecially the early 2012.

How's married life treating you?

CADsponsor13

Star Member
Oct 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-17-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2013
File Transfer...
06-27-2013
Med's Request
05-28-2013
Med's Done....
06-12-2013
Passport Req..
02-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-26-2014
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
oneandonly said:
I don't think it makes a individual lazy if they choose to hire a lawyer due to their circumstances. Legal advise can put together the application in an organized manner along with proof going in the right order. They been doing it for a long time so they would know best. I think that was just straight up ignorant of you how you put it. I don't regret having the lawyer put my application together for me I knew my mind was at ease and I wasn't missing anything.
Everyone has their own opinions of lawyers. The know best how to take your money. I find them a waste of time especially when it comes to immigration. If you don't know how to read or write english, OK, I can understand to use a lawyer. But if you can read and write, the only two options are: 1) Your lazy or 2) Have too much money and no where to spend it. Ignorant or not, thats my view and you don't have to like it!

blondie1216

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2012 received 26-03-2012
AOR Received.
27-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
11-25-2011 extension requested from IO 11-20-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 27th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
January 14th, 2013 Decision Made!
LANDED..........
In a minute!
oneandonly said:
Blondie it's nice of you to drop by well the oldies are still here not much people have gotten through. We're all still here 2012 applicants holding on expecially the early 2012.

How's married life treating you?
its been great full of ups and downs but its all Good!! Wow thought Kingston was still working hard, I see they've gone back to their old ways lol.. But keep the faith.. When a love is strong not even Kingston can keep you apart forever!

And dont forget they tend to push alot through coming to the end of the year so dont lose faith!

lonely_cdnwife

Star Member
Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2013
Doc's Request.
10-04-2014
AOR Received.
05-06-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Passport Req..
14-07-2014
CADsponsor13 said:
I didn't chose to do a lawyer out of pure laziness, but rather i greatly valued my application and didn't mind spending money to ensure it was done right. As a law student I can recognize that my expertise are not in immigration law and do not feel that my relationship is any less "serious" due to my choice. My husband and I have spent most of our relationship living together, but when i returned to Canada to finish school and complete our application, we spent a significant amount of time providing the necessary information and documentation, and reviewing our final assembled application to ensure all information was correct and represented us as a couple.

To be honest i am actually pretty hurt from your message, and while I commend you on completing your application on your own (as it is no easy task) I dont appreciate broad statements being made about members who have had a lawyer, or that cic scrutinizes applicants who chose to use lawyers. From the long term members on this forum, i believe that having (or not having) a lawyer doesn't affect anything, but rather if you win the "kingston lottery" or not.

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
CADsponsor13 said:
Everyone has their own opinions of lawyers. The know best how to take your money. I find them a waste of time especially when it comes to immigration. If you don't know how to read or write english, OK, I can understand to use a lawyer. But if you can read and write, the only two options are: 1) Your lazy or 2) Have too much money and no where to spend it. Ignorant or not, thats my view and you don't have to like it!
Don't agree there buddy if your case is complicated and you need links then a lawyer is the best resolution I know from experience. My husband had warrants out for his arrest if the lawyer didn't go with him to turn himself into immigration they would of locked him up. I also had his flight booked so that also let him be a bit free. That's the only reason why we hired a lawyer to get him out of the country and not face a deportation ban for life. He got a 1 year exclusion order which is a bit better.

lonely_cdnwife

Star Member
Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2013
Doc's Request.
10-04-2014
AOR Received.
05-06-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Passport Req..
14-07-2014
oneandonly said:
Don't agree there buddy if your case is complicated and you need links then a lawyer is the best resolution I know from experience. My husband had warrants out for his arrest if the lawyer didn't go with him to turn himself into immigration they would of locked him up. I also had his flight booked so that also let him be a bit free. That's the only reason why we hired a lawyer to get him out of the country and not face a deportation ban for life. He got a 1 year exclusion order which is a bit better.
and dont forget... he'll hopefully be coming home for the holidays :)

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
blondie1216 said:
its been great full of ups and downs but its all Good!! Wow thought Kingston was still working hard, I see they've gone back to their old ways lol.. But keep the faith.. When a love is strong not even Kingston can keep you apart forever!

And dont forget they tend to push alot through coming to the end of the year so dont lose faith!
Thanks Hun everyone is just down we need to hear some noise so we can be joyful again. Ive gone into process this month so hopefully Xmas sees my hubby in Canada. I really want the early 2012 applicants to be home for Xmas with their families.

Like any relationship or marriage it always has it's ups and downs but we have to work it out. Hopefully first week of dec we hear news for everyone.

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
lonely_cdnwife said:
and dont forget... he'll hopefully be coming home for the holidays :)
Thanks darling were simply praying that's all we can do. Hope you hear some news soon and don't feel bad you hired a lawyer to help with the application. I will back you up anytime it doesn't at all fall down to lazyness. The lawyer my husband hired shooted a lot of bs but me as a go getter I never once listened to him. I will give you an example.

1) never informed us of a rprf payment I learnt this from the forum and I got on it as soon as I could
2) asked the lawyer if I should send supporting documents to Kingston to prove our marriage he said to wait until our interview. My first trip to JA I submitted a 60 page package didn't listen to him.
3) he told us to write a letter to Kingston apologizing for the overstay and how he wants to come home to his wife. After a call to Kingston they said no it's not needed as there is no need for an arc.
4) clueless of terminology of processing an application

Yes lawyers do not make your applicantion process any quicker but just simply gathering and organizing your application correctly making sure nothing is missed.

Wifey_BT

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
29-05-2013
Med's Done....
01-04-2013
Passport Req..
24-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2014
LANDED..........
25-03-2014
Kadi27 said:
Wow; that's actually awesome news Wifey; that your file is not in the registry ;D; which officer does it say it is assigned to?

Based on my understanding it may mean that the officer is working on your file :)

Is there any information on notes written about the status?
It shows its with a DH####, all the statuses show not started so I'm assuming that its sitting in a pile on DH desk with everyone else :mad:

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
Thanks to my brothers and sisters on this forum I have gained so much knowledge expecially from chickie and nev they are role models I cherish them. It hurts they both are wonderful woman and having to wait so long to be reunited with their husbands.