Passport Req..
May 14, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 13, 2014
LANDED..........
16 months total
waitingonforever said:
Good morning jamfam :D
I have some good news to share..my daughter was released from the mental health wing yesterday..she is doing much better...they have prescribed her some meds to keep her from harming herself and the depression..and she had to see a therapist and phsycologyst on a regular basis..but she is home and she is doing well so far..Oh happy day!!! She wanted me to relay a message for everyone in the famjam bless her...she said for everybody waiting for they're loved ones to keep the faith and fight till there is no fight left..and it could be worse..she also said that try not to end up in the same place she was!!!.... :p
Great news WOF :)... tell her that we are definately keeping the faith :-*

CanadianWifey89

Nov 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 11th 2013
AOR Received.
January 3rd, 2014 - CPC-M & February 4th 2014 from KGN...POS AOR
File Transfer...
January 14, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2014...and again in March 19, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Confirmed as approved on May 1/15, issued May 4, 2015
LANDED..........
June 19, 2015
So...before coming on this forum I was soo hopeful that I would be reunited with my husband here in Canada next year. We're submitting the application the beginning of December (just waiting on the Option C printout) ....and I was hoping it would take less than a year...but now i'm not so hopeful :( How do you guys cope..

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
waitingonforever said:
Good morning jamfam :D
I have some good news to share..my daughter was released from the mental health wing yesterday..she is doing much better...they have prescribed her some meds to keep her from harming herself and the depression..and she had to see a therapist and phsycologyst on a regular basis..but she is home and she is doing well so far..Oh happy day!!! She wanted me to relay a message for everyone in the famjam bless her...she said for everybody waiting for they're loved ones to keep the faith and fight till there is no fight left..and it could be worse..she also said that try not to end up in the same place she was!!!.... :p
Awww, wof, thank you for sharing this news with us -- you just made my day! :D

Please tell your daughter she is part of the Jam Fam and we need her with us to make it through our journeys!!!

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
CanadianWifey89 said:
So...before coming on this forum I was soo hopeful that I would be reunited with my husband here in Canada next year. We're submitting the application the beginning of December (just waiting on the Option C printout) ....and I was hoping it would take less than a year...but now i'm not so hopeful :( How do you guys cope..
Don't give up hope! Some people still get through in less than a year. It all depends on your particular process and situation!!!

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
CanadianWifey89 said:
Continue to be hopeful, CW89!!! It is completely possible that your hubby will be with you in Canada next year! Many people's applications are processed in less than a year! 2013 has been a slow year for many of us on the forum and hopefully KG will pick up the pace!!! Sometimes there is a reason for applications taking a long time to process and other times there's not.

I cope one day at a time, daily phone calls to my hubby, Skype dates with hubby, trips to JA, support from friends/ family and last but not least, spending time on the forum learning everything I can about this process and hanging with the Jam Fam!!!! We are all going to get through this TOGETHER!!!! :D

Trust me, some days are brutal and those are the times I rely on the KG thread the most...

CanadianWifey89

Nov 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 11th 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
January 14, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 19, 2015
Ninirae said:
Don't give up hope! Some people still get through in less than a year. It all depends on your particular process and situation!!!
Thanks so much - I will definitely pray and keep hope that this process is short and easy. I won't be able to travel to and from as often as I used to (every 3months..) so it'll be a long year.

chilld of God

Nov 15, 2012
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston (Jamaica)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 23 2012
File Transfer...
July 11 2012
Med's Request
November 27 2013
Med's Done....
Febuary 8 2012 & December 4 2013
Interview........
NO NEEDED
Passport Req..
November 27 2013 Thank you Lord Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
January 22 2014
LANDED..........
January 26 2014
CAN ANYONE CONFIRM HOW LONG A LOCAL POLICE CHECK VALID FOR ? ? ?

I HEARD ITS NOW VALID FOR 9 MONTHS. THE LAST POLICE CHECK I DID WAS LAST FEB 2013. SO THIS MONTH MAKES 9 MONTHS

CocoVanilla

Apr 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07JAN14
AOR Received.
12FEB14 (Sponsorship Approval)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03DEC14
VISA ISSUED...
05DEC14 (passport returned 19DEC14)
LANDED..........
20DEC14
chilld of God said:

I HEARD ITS NOW VALID FOR 9 MONTHS. THE LAST POLICE CHECK I DID WAS LAST FEB 2013. SO THIS MONTH MAKES 9 MONTHS
Good morning COG...

My hubby did his police record last month and sadly there is a line at the bottom of it that says
"This certificate is valid for nine (9) months as of the date of issue."

:(

CanadianWifey89

Nov 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 11th 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
January 14, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 19, 2015
Nevaeha said:
Continue to be hopeful, CW89!!! It is completely possible that your hubby will be with you in Canada next year! Many people's applications are processed in less than a year! 2013 has been a slow year for many of us on the forum and hopefully KG will pick up the pace!!! Sometimes there is a reason for applications taking a long time to process and other times there's not.

I cope one day at a time, daily phone calls to my hubby, Skype dates with hubby, trips to JA, support from friends/ family and last but not least, spending time on the forum learning everything I can about this process and hanging with the Jam Fam!!!! We are all going to get through this TOGETHER!!!! :D

Trust me, some days are brutal and those are the times I rely on the KG thread the most...

Thank you so much - i'm so glad I found this forum and you wonderful folks!!!! ;D

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
CocoVanilla said:
Good morning COG...

My hubby did his police record last month and sadly there is a line at the bottom of it that says
"This certificate is valid for nine (9) months as of the date of issue."

:(
How come mine doesn't say anything at the bottom. Same with our medical... why am I so different and difficult?!

CocoVanilla

Apr 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07JAN14
AOR Received.
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03DEC14
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
20DEC14
Good morning Jam Fam!!

Congrats JFILWC!!! Your file is moving along...

WOF: great news!! Your daughter is a fighter, just like her momma!

Welcome to all the newbies...

CdnWifey89: Looks like we will be on a similar timeline as I should be sending in my application within the next 2 weeks or so. I've started calling it the "Kingston Lottery" as a means of trying to explain to family and friends that I really don't have a clue when hubby will get to move here! My wishful thinking is sending out positive thoughts that he will arrive by the end of August 2014. My realistic thinking is saying well he should be here by Christmas next year... and in the way back of my mind I'm preparing that it could be even longer.

To all the 2012 applicants... I'm praying/wishing/hoping everyday that your Kingston roller coaster ride will soon be over. Hang in there just a little bit longer. Victory is sweet and I am picturing a lot of families being reunited before the end of the year. Positive vibes !!!

Let's go Kingston... PPRs this week please, so that Christmas wishes can come true.

CocoVanilla

Apr 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07JAN14
AOR Received.
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03DEC14
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
20DEC14
Ninirae said:
How come mine doesn't say anything at the bottom. Same with our medical... why am I so different and difficult?!
Are u the difficult child Ninirae??? :) LOL

I believe it only changed recently to 9 months, so if yours says nothing, then you can assume that it is valid for 12 months. YAY!!

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
chilld of God said:

You are correct, coG, police certificates are now valid for only 9 months; however, I don't know when this started. My hubby re-did his police certificate earlier this year and it is valid for twelve months.

Further to this, it is up to KG if they want you to re-do your police certificate. It's not like your passport or medical that must be valid when you land in Canada. KG may or may not request another police certificate from you. To be on the safe side and to ensure there is no unwanted or additional time added to the processing of your application you can always choose to get it done again.

CanadianWifey89

Nov 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 11th 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
January 14, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 19, 2015
CocoVanilla said:
Good morning Jam Fam!!

Congrats JFILWC!!! Your file is moving along...

WOF: great news!! Your daughter is a fighter, just like her momma!

Welcome to all the newbies...

CdnWifey89: Looks like we will be on a similar timeline as I should be sending in my application within the next 2 weeks or so. I've started calling it the "Kingston Lottery" as a means of trying to explain to family and friends that I really don't have a clue when hubby will get to move here! My wishful thinking is sending out positive thoughts that he will arrive by the end of August 2014. My realistic thinking is saying well he should be here by Christmas next year... and in the way back of my mind I'm preparing that it could be even longer.

To all the 2012 applicants... I'm praying/wishing/hoping everyday that your Kingston roller coaster ride will soon be over. Hang in there just a little bit longer. Victory is sweet and I am picturing a lot of families being reunited before the end of the year. Positive vibes !!!

Let's go Kingston... PPRs this week please, so that Christmas wishes can come true.

Thanks hun!! We should definitely stay in touch - it's good to have someone to go through this process with :) I'm hoping for the same...I've concluded that I'll be going to JA for our 1st anniversary....which isn't too bad i'll love the weather

Aug 4, 2012
Spanish Town
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2012
Doc's Request.
11-25-13
AOR Received.
15-10-2012
File Transfer...
January 2013
Med's Request
11-25-13
Med's Done....
February or March(can't remember) Redo it Dec 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
05-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2014 (collected 25-02-2014)
Need to be with Hubby said:
Congratulation. $12000 for medical $3000 police certificate for regular which is 4weeks, $6000 is another cost to get it back faster I totally forgot the time frame and the cost goes up more for even a more quicker processing which I forgot. And yes envelope and at the Canadian Embassy, I don't have the address at hand but it should be in your email or something.
Thanks much need to get on it asap so they draw it out