+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

destinyjam2can

Apr 2, 2017
ludabrown said:
from my understanding medical is still required even if they are not accompanying. and to complete medical passporr is required.

so if they dont already have a passport they should apply for 1 before medical is requested to prevent further delay.
Thank you. Kind of a silly process at least it's only the medicals and not the application fee. We have passports so we will just wait on the embassy to request to do the medicals.

destinyjam2can

Apr 2, 2017
ludabrown said:
I have a question about Financial support between sponsor and applicant..

I noticed a lot of sites and post say show sponsor sends money to applicant however our situation is different.. the applicant send money to sponsor. will they look at this negatively?

we are both old school and the man takes care of his wife.

Even though im Canadian with a good job anf he lives in Jamaica he still works extra hard to send me money if I want to buy anything. like traveling 3times a year to Jamaica he will send money towards airfare and shopping. Ive never sent money to him in Jamaica because he doesnt need it and im sure he wouldnt want it because he has a big ego and wouldnt take money from me.

I read a post before where a wife's husband had an interview and he was questioned as to why he was sending his Canadian wife money. Apparently he was told he doesn't make enough in Jamaica as the pay is not enough. The officer might think negative on this. Maybe dont even mention he sends you money. They didn't get a visa on the spot not sure if that was the reason why.

ludabrown

Apr 11, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
AOR Received.
23-06-2017
File Transfer...
06-07-2017
Med's Request
30-06-2017
Med's Done....
07-07-2017
Interview........
06-03-2018
Passport Req..
06-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2018
destinyjam2can said:
I read a post before where a wife's husband had an interview and he was questioned as to why he was sending his Canadian wife money. Apparently he was told he doesn't make enough in Jamaica as the pay is not enough. The officer might think negative on this. Maybe dont even mention he sends you money. They didn't get a visa on the spot not sure if that was the reason why.
Jamaican Salary is quite low for the average person but when you own your own business they can make a lot more.. in our situation he certainly make more than me averaging $2000 on a bad week... I never sent any money to Jamaica and the only proof we have of Financial support is him sending to me. I hope in the interview he can explain this and it wont be a problem

destinedlove

Star Member
Sep 19, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KVO
App. Filed.......
April, 28, 2017
Doc's Request.
June 02, 2017
AOR Received.
May 26, 2017
File Transfer...
July 11, 2017
Med's Request
June 05, 2017
Med's Done....
June 08,2017; Passed June 23, 2017
Interview........
Nov 21, 2017
Passport Req..
Dec 4, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2017
LANDED..........
Soon
jazzybrakes said:
I would appreciate some help. my wife and i would like some clarification regarding the proof of relationship section of the spousal sponsorship application. one of the sections asks:

One (1) document from three (3) of the following sets of options:

a) joint ownership of residential property or joint residential leases or joint rental agreement listing bot the sponsor and the principal applicant.
b) proof of joint utilities accounts.
c) important documents for you an your sponsor showing the same address, such as copies of Government issued identification documents: driver's licenses etct.
d) important documents for you or your spouse showing that you are recognized as each other's spouse such as employment or insurance benefits.
e) documentary evidence of financial support between your sponsor and yourself.
f) other proof that your relationship is recognized by your friends and or family.(e.g Letters, social media, information showing public information.

Our concerns are that we only have two documents (e and f) and it requires 3 documents.

we have lots of photos together airline ticket purchases, our honeymoon receipts and so. What can we do? We got married October 2016. and we want to submit the application soon but we want to ensure we have everything correct.

thank you.
I put my husband on my rental agreement and got a letter that stays that he is an occupant.
I also have him on my tenant insurance as well as my work benefits and beneficiary.

JamaicanSnowflake

Aug 20, 2013
Quebec
jazzybrakes said:
I would appreciate some help. my wife and i would like some clarification regarding the proof of relationship section of the spousal sponsorship application. one of the sections asks:

One (1) document from three (3) of the following sets of options:

a) joint ownership of residential property or joint residential leases or joint rental agreement listing bot the sponsor and the principal applicant.
b) proof of joint utilities accounts.
c) important documents for you an your sponsor showing the same address, such as copies of Government issued identification documents: driver's licenses etct.
d) important documents for you or your spouse showing that you are recognized as each other's spouse such as employment or insurance benefits.
e) documentary evidence of financial support between your sponsor and yourself.

When he goes to pay the light or water bill just ask them to add your name to it
I also put my husband as my beneficiary on my insurance took 5 days
f) other proof that your relationship is recognized by your friends and or family.(e.g Letters, social media, information showing public information.

Our concerns are that we only have two documents (e and f) and it requires 3 documents.

we have lots of photos together airline ticket purchases, our honeymoon receipts and so. What can we do? We got married October 2016. and we want to submit the application soon but we want to ensure we have everything correct.

thank you.

Smithd

Star Member
Aug 15, 2016
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
16-08-2016
AOR Received.
09-09-2016
File Transfer...
15-09-2016
Med's Request
upfront/PC upfront
Med's Done....
25-07-2016
Interview........
02-02-2017
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting
LANDED..........
should be here already
ludabrown said:
from my understanding medical is still required even if they are not accompanying. and to complete medical passporr is required.

so if they dont already have a passport they should apply for 1 before medical is requested to prevent further delay.

Yes this is correct. Make sure the kids have the passports for the medical. When asked for medicals get them booked ASAP. My husband had interview Feb. 2/17 and medicals for kids weren't received yet so KVO did not give him visa on spot. As of today we are still waiting and no response from them. I have emailed them and no response.

GodGrace88

Apr 12, 2017
Visa Office......
KVO
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2016
File Transfer...
December 1, 2016
Interview........
03/13/2017
Passport Req..
05/02/2017
VISA ISSUED...
Done
LANDED..........
Done here with the love of my Life!!!!
Smithd said:
Yes this is correct. Make sure the kids have the passports for the medical. When asked for medicals get them booked ASAP. My husband had interview Feb. 2/17 and medicals for kids weren't received yet so KVO did not give him visa on spot. As of today we are still waiting and no response from them. I have emailed them and no response.
Mine is the same as your but it cause I didn't have my Fbi clearance which was delivered yeasterday to the office via Courier.
Am waiting as well but my hubby is coming in 3 week . So am happy while I wait

hytltons12

Star Member
Jan 19, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
March 31/2017
AOR Received.
April 19/2017
File Transfer...
24/05/2017
Med's Request
27/05/2017
Med's Done....
10/06/2017
Interview........
November 14/2017
So my story is really long, or to me it is, i submitted my application first January the 6th, they received it next day, for all of January and almost all of February i heard nothing. Feb 23 i received the entire package back saying the picture is not the right size. Made sure the picture was the right size, sent it back. waited again, rest of February, and all of march, finally march 31rt i received the entire package again saying my notice of assessment is not up to date. Now by this point im loosing my mind and i still prayed, have patience submitted it again. It was received according to Canada post the next day April 04, so 09 days ago. Before this i sent an inquiry through online. Today i received a response to that query saying they are confirming my application has been transferred to the visa office. This is really weird, because i haven't received any AOR, SA, or still not able to link my application. What is going on, swear i just want to cry, i dont understand what is going on

Cndgrl876

Aug 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
KVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2016
AOR Received.
02-08-2016
File Transfer...
18-08-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
06-12-2016
Passport Req..
Decision made dec 8 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Still waiting
LANDED..........
Should of been yesterday!
hytltons12 said:
So my story is really long, or to me it is, i submitted my application first January the 6th, they received it next day, for all of January and almost all of February i heard nothing. Feb 23 i received the entire package back saying the picture is not the right size. Made sure the picture was the right size, sent it back. waited again, rest of February, and all of march, finally march 31rt i received the entire package again saying my notice of assessment is not up to date. Now by this point im loosing my mind and i still prayed, have patience submitted it again. It was received according to Canada post the next day April 04, so 09 days ago. Before this i sent an inquiry through online. Today i received a response to that query saying they are confirming my application has been transferred to the visa office. This is really weird, because i haven't received any AOR, SA, or still not able to link my application. What is going on, swear i just want to cry, i dont understand what is going on
i wouldnt worry... i recieved my sponser approval letter long after they transferred it to the visa office...and we never ever were able to link the application...its frustrating not know whats going on but it will get there :)

Cndgrl876

Aug 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
KVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2016
AOR Received.
02-08-2016
File Transfer...
18-08-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
06-12-2016
Passport Req..
Decision made dec 8 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Still waiting
LANDED..........
Should of been yesterday!
JamaicanSnowflake said:
I just realized I never put married on my income tax is that terrible
It's not like hes here and contributing :-X
i claimed my husband as a non resdient and ended up getting alot more for a return... not sure if they will notice that for immigration tho .

Jamway 17

Apr 8, 2017
Category........
FAM
Doc's Request.
Not yet
Passport Req..
In Jesus name soon
JamaicanSnowflake said:
I just realized I never put married on my income tax is that terrible
It's not like hes here and contributing :-X
You are supposed to notify CRA when marital status changes.

Jamway 17

Apr 8, 2017
Category........
FAM
Doc's Request.
Not yet
Passport Req..
In Jesus name soon
When I file my taxes. I need to claim his income, so he provides his yearly salary and i convert income to cdn $. I received a letter from CRA a few months back asking if he immigrated as of yet.

Jamway 17

Apr 8, 2017
Category........
FAM
Doc's Request.
Not yet
Passport Req..
In Jesus name soon
ludabrown said:
aim for D..... if you have benefits at work add you spouse or go take out insurance n add your spouse
[/quot

For our application, we have joint tax returns, letters from family members and hubby is on my work benefits. And western union payments I sent to him... Waiting on western union to send a print out.