Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
Toni876 said:
Hi shorty, i am so happy for u and everyone here that is getting over their lengthy wait.
i am new here still try to figure out how to use this forum
Welcome to the forum!! Have you submitted your application yet? Let us know if you need help :)

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
Hey all!

Hubbys doing good so far :)

We went and got him a bank account yesterday, at the advice of my friend as she reminded me that to apply for OHIP/health card he will need certain ID and one of those includes mail that will be sent to the house for him in his name.
TD bank offers newcomers (arriving less than 2 years ago) to receive an unsecured credit card up to $1000 whether they are working or not, so theres something else that may be useful.
We went to Costco which he likes because its very similar to Price Mart in Kingston.
Next week we will be going to the Ministry so he can do his drivers licence. He knows how to get to our sons school and to the store so far haha. Next week we plan on going to Niagara Falls :)
Hes feeling good now (probably day 2/3 he was miserable) and wants to get working so he is job searching.
I am so in love, with him, my kids and our family as a unit. Im so overjoyed to have him here with us finally.

Toni876

Jul 13, 2015
kingston, Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
mar 9,2015
File Transfer...
April 21, 2015
Med's Request
mar 9,2015
Med's Done....
up front
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
Feb 9, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 14, 2016
LANDED..........
will be landing after our daugther's graduation -July 11, 2016
shortyp2000 said:
Welcome to the forum!! Have you submitted your application yet? Let us know if you need help :)
yes shortyp my hubby submitted our application form and cic got it March 9, 2015 they started processing it April 21, 2015 and they sent him correspondence of the decision made May 8,2015 he was approved. Ja embassy start to process my application June 8, 2015 my medical and police record was sent in up front..... On July 28 they have requested me to pay my landing fee and make correction to my marriage certificate. The payment and amended certificate was sent back to the embassy august 12. so now i am patiently waiting ;D

MixedChick92

Feb 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON, JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-24-2015
File Transfer...
05-28-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-16-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-15-2016
LANDED..........
07-13-2016
Toni876 said:
yes shortyp my hubby submitted our application from and cic got it March 9, 2015 they started processing it April 21, 2015 and they sent him correspondence of the decision made May 8,2015 he was approved Ja embassy start to process my application June 8, 2015 my medical and police record was sent in up front..... On July 28 they have requested me to pay my landing fee and make correction to my marriage certificate. The payment and amended certificate was sent back to the embassy august 12. so now i am patiently waiting ;D
So many of us with the same processing date, June 8th 2015. Patience is definitely a virtue with immigration lol.

@ShortyP2000, so happy for you! and glad to know that TD offers that to newbies :)

Congrats to all the ladies who got their passports back and are finally finished with this immigration journey, I wish you all the best!

@MsMcLaughlin & Cece can kINGSTON please hurry and send your hubbys PPR already... *Sigh* I hope I hear you both have it by the end of this month.

chucky44

Feb 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
30-06-15
AOR Received.
02-08-15
File Transfer...
31-08-15 and Kingston started Process 9-9-15
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
22-04-15
Interview........
11-08-16 and got interview e-mail 07-07-16
Passport Req..
11-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-16
LANDED..........
22-08-16
lijasha said:
LANDING STORY

(he's still asleep)

Yesterday I was reasonably calm all day, I was excited but it felt like I few buildings lifted from my shoulders. I purposefully left ALL the housework til I yesterday so I kne I'd b busy and won't be focused too much - it helped a little but I still refreshed the flight tracker every 15 mins (instead of DHL).

I left home just prior to flight landing thinking it'll take him 45-1 hour to get thru. When I got to the airport, that when it really hit me! I started shaking and was fumbling to get out of the car.
I
When I finally got inside I found a good spot to see down the hall when the doors opened and I waited impatiently, phone in hand and waiting to video him walk toward me with a giant smile. Suddenly over the intercom a lady's voice said: Will Lisa D*** please come to the information desk. My heart skipped a beat!! Immediately I thought, "Omg! Maybe somethings wrong, maybe they think he's tryin to smuggle something in the soursop he's bringing!", and started looking for the desk. Focusing on the desk itself, I completely overlooked my husband walking straight toward me with that giant smile I wanted to capture on video. AwwW man! Of course there was immediate hugs and kisses and I gave him his first coat (which was actually an old coat o my son's, but he loved it). He asked me why I'm dressed like that (2 sweaters buttone right to my chin) I said it cold out! When we got outside he said "it's not that cold". I starte laughing an said "yeah, that's what Shorty's husband said too, just wait!

The day DHL picked up his pp an flight was booked (mon) I told my son and a few others that had already met him in JA that he's coming, we arranged a drive to brampton after his arrival before heading to burlington. I didn't tell my husband this.

During the car ride to brampton, we spoke about the highways and how he'd talked to me many times while I drove those same roads, showed him the vastness of the 401 and luckily no traffic. He asked me what the things were going over th highways and I told him "overpasses" (I anticipated many questions but def not that one!) - he started telling me that he's tired. My objective was to get him to brampton and during his struggle to get in touch with his family to let them know he arrived safe, he overlooked the sign that said brampton. When we got off he asked me if we were in burlington and when I said no, he said well, where are we? I said, "you'll see in the minute".

When we got to the house he was greeted by many familliar faces and a few he didn't know. He was overjoyed. I was happy. I wanted him to feel like he was home. Because where we live is a little out of the way, I knew we wouldn't be seeing these guys every day, but at least he knows they're there an he's accepted.

He had his first taste of canada pizza (not pizzapizza cardbard) and an ontario poutine. He said the pizza is wayyyyyy better than jamaica but the poutine taste "fresh" lol. Soggy fries.

He also admitted that it was cold and it's the first time I ever held his hands and they were cold. His nose start running and he said he thought I was exaggerating when I told him that happens. He went through several hot/cold cycles but I reassured him it's just temporary and he'll adapt.

I asked him if he'd like to take a long drive tomorrow (today) if he's up to it. An he said "sure" - I said, ok, we're going to go to montreal and you can meet some more of my family (and have a REAL poutine) - he's game! That's great because he has no clothes at all. I wanted him to choose his clothes. He had told my son that he loves the jacket and he said he can keep it...so he was super happy about that. (an so was I, save $$)

We only got home after 130am, we cuddled and fell asleep. Yup!! Fell asleep!
I woke numerous times in the night and it was just too strange, but I was happy - to have my husband lying beside me in the flesh, instead of sleeping with the phone on the pillow!

So that's it! After the rush hour were going to start to drive and do some shopping in Montreal!

It's an amazing feeling and every tim I look at him, it's like a dream!
when I started reading this I felt the happiness trust can't wait for this day for me. Congrats I am happy everything went fine can you share some question they ask him?

Jamaicanadian

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
Toronto East
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2015
Doc's Request.
RPRF 22-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-08-2015
Interview........
11-10-2016
Passport Req..
11-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
I completed the survey this morning. All the best with your dissertation. Thanks for advocating on our behalf.
BethMartin said:
Hi Everyone,

First of all I’d like to say a huge CONGRATULATIONS to those who have recently been reunited! I am so happy for you :D

Some of you may have seen a thread I started in September under Family Class sponsorship about PhD research I'm doing on experiences of the Family Class application process that includes an anonymous online survey for people who are currently going through or recently finished the process. My goal is that my results can be used for advocacy to make improvements to the system for people who want to sponsor family members in the future.

I'm still looking for lots more people to respond to the survey as the more people respond the stronger the results will be. In particular I’m looking for people who are not well-represented in the data I have already. Unfortunately I haven't heard from many people yet who are sponsoring family members from the various Caribbean countries so that's why I'm posting in this thread.

So if any of you are interested in telling me what you think of Family Class I'd like to invite you to go to https://survey.ryerson.ca:443/s?s=4526 .
On the first page you'll find more information about the survey, and at the bottom of that page there is a link to click on to start the survey. The survey can be done in English or French. The moderators of this forum have given me permission to post about the survey.

Thanks so much everyone for taking the time to read this and for those of you who are still waiting, hang in there and good luck with your applications! :)

Toni876

Jul 13, 2015
kingston, Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
mar 9,2015
File Transfer...
April 21, 2015
Med's Request
mar 9,2015
Med's Done....
up front
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
Feb 9, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 14, 2016
LANDED..........
will be landing after our daugther's graduation -July 11, 2016
can i please be added to the spreadsheet. thanks

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
Toni876 said:
yes shortyp my hubby submitted our application form and cic got it March 9, 2015 they started processing it April 21, 2015 and they sent him correspondence of the decision made May 8,2015 he was approved. Ja embassy start to process my application June 8, 2015 my medical and police record was sent in up front..... On July 28 they have requested me to pay my landing fee and make correction to my marriage certificate. The payment and amended certificate was sent back to the embassy august 12. so now i am patiently waiting ;D
Ok great thanks for the info. I have added u to the sheet :)

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
thanks for sharing. Niagara is a lot of fun! Tell him to bundle up.

An update from me... Hubby has a job and starts working in Tuesday!!!

shortyp2000 said:
Hey all!

Hubbys doing good so far :)

We went and got him a bank account yesterday, at the advice of my friend as she reminded me that to apply for OHIP/health card he will need certain ID and one of those includes mail that will be sent to the house for him in his name.
TD bank offers newcomers (arriving less than 2 years ago) to receive an unsecured credit card up to $1000 whether they are working or not, so theres something else that may be useful.
We went to Costco which he likes because its very similar to Price Mart in Kingston.
Next week we will be going to the Ministry so he can do his drivers licence. He knows how to get to our sons school and to the store so far haha. Next week we plan on going to Niagara Falls :)
Hes feeling good now (probably day 2/3 he was miserable) and wants to get working so he is job searching.
I am so in love, with him, my kids and our family as a unit. Im so overjoyed to have him here with us finally.

canjamdiva

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2015
AOR Received.
14-11-2015
File Transfer...
27-11-2015
Med's Done....
21-08-2015
Interview........
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
12-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-2016
LANDED..........
12-11-2016
Canadianinlove said:
thanks for sharing. Niagara is a lot of fun! Tell him to bundle up.

An update from me... Hubby has a job and starts working in Tuesday!!!

Congrats! Very exciting

lijasha

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2015
Doc's Request.
26-08-2015 - PC
AOR Received.
21-03-2015
Med's Request
With application
Med's Done....
30-09-2014
Passport Req..
03-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2015 - DM!
I just ask him again and all they ask him was to verify his address. He checked off that he had fruit on the declaration form and they asked what kind. It was a soursop and it got thru and was made into juice already. Lol. It took him about half hour from landing to out the door.

chucky44 said:
when I started reading this I felt the happiness trust can't wait for this day for me. Congrats I am happy everything went fine can you share some question they ask him?

chucky44

Feb 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
30-06-15
AOR Received.
02-08-15
File Transfer...
31-08-15 and Kingston started Process 9-9-15
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
22-04-15
Interview........
11-08-16 and got interview e-mail 07-07-16
Passport Req..
11-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-16
LANDED..........
22-08-16
lijasha said:
I just ask him again and all they ask him was to verify his address. He checked off that he had fruit on the declaration form and they asked what kind. It was a soursop and it got thru and was made into juice already. Lol. It took him about half hour from landing to out the door.
simple congrats again