Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
What an amazing story. thank you for sharing and may you enjoy you life together!
I am in Brampton too!

So happy for you both!

lijasha said:
LANDING STORY

(he's still asleep)

Yesterday I was reasonably calm all day, I was excited but it felt like I few buildings lifted from my shoulders. I purposefully left ALL the housework til yesterday so I kne I'd b busy and won't be focused too much - it helped a little but I still refreshed the flight tracker every 15 mins (instead of DHL).

I left home just prior to flight landing thinking it'll take him 45-1 hour to get thru. When I got to the airport, that when it really hit me! I started shaking and was fumbling to get out of the car.

When I finally got inside I found a good spot to see down the hall when the doors opened and I waited impatiently, phone in hand and waiting to video him walk toward me with a giant smile. Suddenly over the intercom a lady's voice said: Will Lisa D*** please come to the information desk. My heart skipped a beat!! Immediately I thought, "Omg! Maybe somethings wrong, maybe they think he's tryin to smuggle something in the soursop he's bringing!", and started looking for the desk. Focusing on the desk itself, I completely overlooked my husband walking straight toward me with that giant smile I wanted to capture on video. AwwW man! Of course there was immediate hugs and kisses and I gave him his first coat (which was actually an old coat o my son's, but he loved it). He asked me why I'm dressed like that (2 sweaters buttone right to my chin) I said it cold out! When we got outside he said "it's not that cold". I starte laughing an said "yeah, that's what Shorty's husband said too, just wait!

The day DHL picked up his pp an flight was booked (mon) I told my son and a few others that had already met him in JA that he's coming, we arranged a drive to brampton after his arrival before heading to burlington. I didn't tell my husband this.

During the car ride to brampton, we spoke about the highways and how he'd talked to me many times while I drove those same roads, showed him the vastness of the 401 and luckily no traffic. He asked me what the things were going over th highways and I told him "overpasses" (I anticipated many questions but def not that one!) - he started telling me that he's tired. My objective was to get him to brampton and during his struggle to get in touch with his family to let them know he arrived safe, he overlooked the sign that said brampton. When we got off he asked me if we were in burlington and when I said no, he said well, where are we? I said, "you'll see in the minute".

When we got to the house he was greeted by many familliar faces and a few he didn't know. He was overjoyed. I was happy. I wanted him to feel like he was home. Because where we live is a little out of the way, I knew we wouldn't be seeing these guys every day, but at least he knows they're there an he's accepted.

He had his first taste of canada pizza (not pizzapizza cardbard) and an ontario poutine. He said the pizza is wayyyyyy better than jamaica but the poutine taste "fresh" lol. Soggy fries.

He also admitted that it was cold and it's the first time I ever held his hands and they were cold. His nose start running and he said he thought I was exaggerating when I told him that happens. He went through several hot/cold cycles but I reassured him it's just temporary and he'll adapt.

I asked him if he'd like to take a long drive tomorrow (today) if he's up to it. An he said "sure" - I said, ok, we're going to go to montreal and you can meet some more of my family (and have a REAL poutine) - he's game! That's great because he has no clothes at all. I wanted him to choose his clothes. He had told my son that he loves the jacket and he said he can keep it...so he was super happy about that. (an so was I, save $$)

We only got home after 130am, we cuddled and fell asleep. Yup!! Fell asleep!
I woke numerous times in the night and it was just too strange, but I was happy - to have my husband lying beside me in the flesh, instead of sleeping with the phone on the pillow!

So that's it! After the rush hour were going to start to drive and do some shopping in Montreal!

It's an amazing feeling and every tim I look at him, it's like a dream!

Cece0225

Star Member
Apr 29, 2015
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
KNG
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2015
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
08-04-2015, SA: 15-04-2015
File Transfer...
15-04-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
18-12-2014
Passport Req..
08-02-2016 DM: 02-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2016
LANDED..........
20-03-2016
CONGRATS BABYGIRLL!!! YOU DESERVE IT!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :-* :-*! 1 DOWN 15 LEFT TO GO!!! LOL MY GUESTIMATE!!

LOVE THE STORYYYYYY!!!

lijasha said:
LANDING STORY

(he's still asleep)

Yesterday I was reasonably calm all day, I was excited but it felt like I few buildings lifted from my shoulders. I purposefully left ALL the housework til yesterday so I kne I'd b busy and won't be focused too much - it helped a little but I still refreshed the flight tracker every 15 mins (instead of DHL).

I left home just prior to flight landing thinking it'll take him 45-1 hour to get thru. When I got to the airport, that when it really hit me! I started shaking and was fumbling to get out of the car.

When I finally got inside I found a good spot to see down the hall when the doors opened and I waited impatiently, phone in hand and waiting to video him walk toward me with a giant smile. Suddenly over the intercom a lady's voice said: Will Lisa D*** please come to the information desk. My heart skipped a beat!! Immediately I thought, "Omg! Maybe somethings wrong, maybe they think he's tryin to smuggle something in the soursop he's bringing!", and started looking for the desk. Focusing on the desk itself, I completely overlooked my husband walking straight toward me with that giant smile I wanted to capture on video. AwwW man! Of course there was immediate hugs and kisses and I gave him his first coat (which was actually an old coat o my son's, but he loved it). He asked me why I'm dressed like that (2 sweaters buttone right to my chin) I said it cold out! When we got outside he said "it's not that cold". I starte laughing an said "yeah, that's what Shorty's husband said too, just wait!

The day DHL picked up his pp an flight was booked (mon) I told my son and a few others that had already met him in JA that he's coming, we arranged a drive to brampton after his arrival before heading to burlington. I didn't tell my husband this.

During the car ride to brampton, we spoke about the highways and how he'd talked to me many times while I drove those same roads, showed him the vastness of the 401 and luckily no traffic. He asked me what the things were going over th highways and I told him "overpasses" (I anticipated many questions but def not that one!) - he started telling me that he's tired. My objective was to get him to brampton and during his struggle to get in touch with his family to let them know he arrived safe, he overlooked the sign that said brampton. When we got off he asked me if we were in burlington and when I said no, he said well, where are we? I said, "you'll see in the minute".

When we got to the house he was greeted by many familliar faces and a few he didn't know. He was overjoyed. I was happy. I wanted him to feel like he was home. Because where we live is a little out of the way, I knew we wouldn't be seeing these guys every day, but at least he knows they're there an he's accepted.

He had his first taste of canada pizza (not pizzapizza cardbard) and an ontario poutine. He said the pizza is wayyyyyy better than jamaica but the poutine taste "fresh" lol. Soggy fries.

He also admitted that it was cold and it's the first time I ever held his hands and they were cold. His nose start running and he said he thought I was exaggerating when I told him that happens. He went through several hot/cold cycles but I reassured him it's just temporary and he'll adapt.

I asked him if he'd like to take a long drive tomorrow (today) if he's up to it. An he said "sure" - I said, ok, we're going to go to montreal and you can meet some more of my family (and have a REAL poutine) - he's game! That's great because he has no clothes at all. I wanted him to choose his clothes. He had told my son that he loves the jacket and he said he can keep it...so he was super happy about that. (an so was I, save $$)

I woke numerous times in the night and it was just too strange, but I was happy - to have my husband lying beside me in the flesh, instead of sleeping with the phone on the pillow!

So that's it! After the rush hour were going to start to drive and do some shopping in Montreal!

MrsMcLaughlin

Oct 24, 2014
lijasha said:
LANDING STORY

(he's still asleep)

Awwwwww :D This makes me so happy reading this!!! Congrats girl, wishing you and your hubby all the best as you finally start your lives together!!!! And have a blast in Montreal!!

Come on Kingston, let's keep the good news coming!! :D :D :D

MrsMcLaughlin

Oct 24, 2014
Cece, any news yet??? We have the same processing date and I'm going crazy over here not hearing anything lol... Give me some hope girl!!

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
Awwww Lisa (Lijasha), Im so happy for you. Thats awesome!! I think thats hilarious about the poutine, my hubby loves poutine. Maybe we will have to try it in Montreal!

Cece and MrsMcLaughlin, you ladies are up next. Cant wait to hear something. Im on edge!

Torontoblues, nursewife u get your PP from DHL yet?!

nursewife

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
shortyp2000 said:
Awwww Lisa (Lijasha), Im so happy for you. Thats awesome!! I think thats hilarious about the poutine, my hubby loves poutine. Maybe we will have to try it in Montreal!

Cece and MrsMcLaughlin, you ladies are up next. Cant wait to hear something. Im on edge!

Not yet! Hubby actually used Tara courier service...surprisingly hubby DHL advised him too. I'm going down on Friday my birthday is this weekend. This trip was planned before PPR, but you'll have to wait a while longer for my landing story hubby's family is having a hugeeee reunion in Dec some family members haven't seen each other in 20 years so I don't get to have him this Christmas! Silently praying that he'll change his mind lol but I understand where he's coming from... I have to work Christmas anyways! :( I'll post as soon as he gets his PP back! Hopefully it's while I'm there so I can see it with my own two eyes lol! How's hubby adjusting Shorty??

And what a nice landing story Lijasha!!! All this positive news is great!

Cece0225

Star Member
Apr 29, 2015
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
KNG
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2015
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
08-04-2015, SA: 15-04-2015
File Transfer...
15-04-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
18-12-2014
Passport Req..
08-02-2016 DM: 02-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2016
LANDED..........
20-03-2016
MrsMcLaughlin said:
Cece, any news yet??? We have the same processing date and I'm going crazy over here not hearing anything lol... Give me some hope girl!!

hey no I haven't heard anything.... still waitin... when did you apply (like when did Mississauga get ur app)? I applied Feb 12......

torontoblues

Apr 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-15
Doc's Request.
31-05-15 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
March 2015
File Transfer...
24-03-15 (SA)
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 22, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 13, 2015
LANDED..........
November 29, 2015
So dhl delievered my package just now....to say im happy rite now is an understatement. Boy....this feeling ...omg...after 10 months im finally gonna be with my hubby...our first xmas together....jeez...did i say i was overwhelmed with happiness? Omg...
Shortyp, meljam in the earlier days...all you other ladies..i cnt express my gratitude well enuf...thank you guys so so much for all ur well wishes. Landing story shortly...planning on doing so next week.

Toni876

Jul 13, 2015
kingston, Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
mar 9,2015
File Transfer...
April 21, 2015
Med's Request
mar 9,2015
Med's Done....
up front
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
Feb 9, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 14, 2016
LANDED..........
will be landing after our daugther's graduation -July 11, 2016
shortyp2000 said:

Hi shorty, i am so happy for u and everyone here that is getting over their lengthy wait.
i am new here still try to figure out how to use this forum

BethMartin

Jun 29, 2014
Hi Everyone,

First of all I’d like to say a huge CONGRATULATIONS to those who have recently been reunited! I am so happy for you :D

Some of you may have seen a thread I started in September under Family Class sponsorship about PhD research I'm doing on experiences of the Family Class application process that includes an anonymous online survey for people who are currently going through or recently finished the process. My goal is that my results can be used for advocacy to make improvements to the system for people who want to sponsor family members in the future.

I'm still looking for lots more people to respond to the survey as the more people respond the stronger the results will be. In particular I’m looking for people who are not well-represented in the data I have already. Unfortunately I haven't heard from many people yet who are sponsoring family members from the various Caribbean countries so that's why I'm posting in this thread.

So if any of you are interested in telling me what you think of Family Class I'd like to invite you to go to https://survey.ryerson.ca:443/s?s=4526 .
On the first page you'll find more information about the survey, and at the bottom of that page there is a link to click on to start the survey. The survey can be done in English or French. The moderators of this forum have given me permission to post about the survey.

Thanks so much everyone for taking the time to read this and for those of you who are still waiting, hang in there and good luck with your applications! :)

MrsMcLaughlin

Oct 24, 2014
Cece0225 said:
hey no I haven't heard anything.... still waitin... when did you apply (like when did Mississauga get ur app)? I applied Feb 12......
Mississauga received our application on Feb. 24... Damn I was really hoping we'd hear something by now with how fast Kingston seems to be moving lately. Hopefully we'll hear something in the next couple of weeks!

MrsMcLaughlin

Oct 24, 2014
torontoblues said:
So dhl delievered my package just now....to say im happy rite now is an understatement. Boy....this feeling ...omg...after 10 months im finally gonna be with my hubby...our first xmas together....jeez...did i say i was overwhelmed with happiness? Omg...
Shortyp, meljam in the earlier days...all you other ladies..i cnt express my gratitude well enuf...thank you guys so so much for all ur well wishes. Landing story shortly...planning on doing so next week.
Yayyyyy!! Congrats!! :D Can't wait to hear another landing story!!!

Jamaicanadian

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
Toronto East
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2015
Doc's Request.
RPRF 22-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-08-2015
Interview........
11-10-2016
Passport Req..
11-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
This was so sweet Lijasha! Thanks for sharing. Safe travels to Montréal. Congratulations again. :)

lijasha said:
LANDING STORY

(he's still asleep)

Jamaicanadian

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
Toronto East
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2015
Doc's Request.
RPRF 22-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-08-2015
Interview........
11-10-2016
Passport Req..
11-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
Toni876 said:
Hi shorty, i am so happy for u and everyone here that is getting over their lengthy wait.
i am new here still try to figure out how to use this forum
Welcome Toni876, I'm pretty new here myself. This forum is a wealth of information and knowledgable persons. I've asked so many questions and gotten lots of great answers. Everyone on here is patient and understanding. I realized quickly that when users said its like a family it really was. Welcome to the family!

Shortyp2000 is the administrator of a spreadsheet that logs our processing (as long as we update her) she can add your info too. Just post things like when your application was submitted and when you've received your acknowledgment of receipt and she will include you.

Hope you enjoy it here!
Ps I'm still figuring out the forum and proper posting etiquette, I might not be the best to help you with that

basl_jhjm

Dec 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2015
AOR Received.
19-01-2016
Med's Done....
10-10-2015
Interview........
November 22 2016
Passport Req..
November 22
VISA ISSUED...
November 22, 2016
LANDED..........
November 26. 2016
Congrats Everyone on all the good news happening lately. I am just beginning my journey, as my "box" was delivered on Monday to Mississauga. Very excited. I am hoping the wait time stay at 10 months and does not increase.

I love reading the landing story as it gives me hope and faith for my hubby arrivals soon. I am glad i have people that are going thru the same thing to talk to because most people don't understand the process or the pain that comes from waiting. I get asked weekly, why isnt he here yet? Like it is my choice.