File Transfer...
12-04-2013
Med's Done....
00-02-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
Goodmorning EVERYONE and welcome to ALL the newbies!

_Mz_D_

Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JANAIDIAN MRS said:
OMG OMG OMG PPR PPR PPR!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D OMG OMG OMG PPR PPR PPR!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: OMG OMG OMG PPR PPR PPR!!!!!
Congrats!!! So exciting! ;D

lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
Goood morning goood mornin...
Well it looks like kingston start to work again.. look like dem eat nufff bun and cheese so dem belly full now..lol
Congrats on the ppr janadian mrs.. dem a work... dem a work!!!

PinkyM

Star Member
Mar 9, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
PC 3.8.14
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
JANAIDIAN MRS said:
OMG OMG OMG PPR PPR PPR!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D OMG OMG OMG PPR PPR PPR!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: OMG OMG OMG PPR PPR PPR!!!!!

The hubby been up in my business all night asking where I am and what I'm doin and out with the girls talking about what? and Are you home? How bout now? I have something to talk to you about (heart attack thinking something is wrong :'() No No I just need to ask you something. HIM NAH NUTTIN FI ASK ME. HIM DID HAVE A PICTURE OF DI LETTA FI SEND!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

I was thinking that since I had to re do a question on a form maybe they were still doing background check. They wrote the damn letter April 11th it just took forever to get sent or to get to hubby! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Can't Sleep! Can't Sleep! Can't Sleep!
Congrats Janadian Mrs! So exciting!

PinkyM

Star Member
Mar 9, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
PC 3.8.14
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Jamwife said:
Welcome JDubsGirl the request does mean that u r close to the end of the journey. As for timeline as to when the embassy hands it back is totally dependent on who has ur file there is no set timeline. As for ur hubby leaving Jamaica I think I heard the visa has an expiry date that is usually in line with when his police record expires. So if its a new one is handing in that would mean he has a year to leave Jamaica.
Another member can correct me if I am wrong......
Again welcome... Can u share ur timeline of when u hand in our file n when it was send to Kingston
If u like can u also share ur story of u n hubby met etc.
Jamwife is right that you are close to the end if they have requested a new police check & your passport.

As far as when they have to land by, they have to land by the date their medicals expire OR the date their passport expires, whichever comes first. In most cases, your medicals would expire before the passport. While they have to submit a valid police record prior to them issuing the VISA, they must have a valid medical in order to land. If that is the last thing holding up the application - that the medicals are expired, they will request that Ottawa extend the medicals to allow time for landing. In some cases, if the medicals are set to expire in a short period of time, they may ask if they can land prior to that date & issue a short term VISA. That is what they did with my hubby - on March 21 they called him asking if he can land before April 9th as that was the date his meds expired (If I am not mistaken, the same thing happened with Nev's hubby as well). If the medicals are expired, you will have to wait until they are extended before they will issue the VISA.

It seems to be a bit of a crap shoot as to the wait between when you get PPR & when the VISA is actually issued, but it does indicate that you are getting close!

lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
PinkyM said:
Jamwife is right that you are close to the end if they have requested a new police check & your passport.

As far as when they have to land by, they have to land by the date their medicals expire OR the date their passport expires, whichever comes first. In most cases, your medicals would expire before the passport. While they have to submit a valid police record prior to them issuing the VISA, they must have a valid medical in order to land. If that is the last thing holding up the application - that the medicals are expired, they will request that Ottawa extend the medicals to allow time for landing. In some cases, if the medicals are set to expire in a short period of time, they may ask if they can land prior to that date & issue a short term VISA. That is what they did with my hubby - on March 21 they called him asking if he can land before April 9th as that was the date his meds expired (If I am not mistaken, the same thing happened with Nev's hubby as well). If the medicals are expired, you will have to wait until they are extended before they will issue the VISA.

It seems to be a bit of a crap shoot as to the wait between when you get PPR & when the VISA is actually issued, but it does indicate that you are getting close!

Your correct but in some cases i dont think it has to do with the passport part.. for example a person passport can be expired in the next 10 years but the medical expires n may... so its mostly about the medical and police check...
And its not every medical gets an extension, they will ask some applicants to redo their medical because it cant be extended.. so you are correct but in some cases its different...
I could be wrong also...

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
lovindahubby said:
Your correct but in some cases i dont think it has to do with the passport part.. for example a person passport can be expired in the next 10 years but the medical expires n may... so its mostly about the medical and police check...
And its not every medical gets an extension, they will ask some applicants to redo their medical because it cant be extended.. so you are correct but in some cases its different...
I could be wrong also...
They need to land before the expiriy date on the Visa, before the police check expires or the medical. There could be a date on the visa as to when it expires

So it could be any of the 3 things...normally they need to land before police/meds expire

lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
sammystorm19 said:
They need to land before the expiriy date on the Visa, before the police check expires or the medical. There could be a date on the visa as to when it expires

So it could be any of the 3 things...normally they need to land before police/meds expire
See, thats why i said i could be wrong also...lol... but as i was saying its not everyone medical got extended, because my husband medical didnt get extended and he has to go do it again

Need to be with Hubby

Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lovindahubby said:
Goood morning goood mornin...
Well it looks like kingston start to work again.. look like dem eat nufff bun and cheese so dem belly full now..lol
Congrats on the ppr janadian mrs.. dem a work... dem a work!!!
Haha, how are you LDH?

lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
Need to be with Hubby said:
Haha, how are you LDH?

Hey hun, im here trying to take life easy.. you didnt get back your pp as yet right! Hopefully you get it soon and you start to pack...lol.. while im packing to go to ja... :p

PinkyM

Star Member
Mar 9, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
PC 3.8.14
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
lovindahubby said:
I could be wrong also...
All I was saying about the passport was if it happens to expire prior to when the medical expires, they would have to land by that date. The likelyhood of that happening is pretty slim though as most people would have passports that are valid for more than a couple of months. Yes, you are correct they won't always extend the medicals.....but if they are the only thing holding up the VISA being issued, they can request an extension. If it is past the grace period on the extension (which I can't remember the time - 3 months after they expire maybe?), they can't extend it and a new one would need to be completed.

PinkyM

Star Member
Mar 9, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
PC 3.8.14
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
sammystorm19 said:

Expiry date of hubby's VISA was the date his meds expired.

I spoke to an agent at the call centre in Canada a few months before hubby's PPR and they actually told me that as far as the police checks go, it is actually up to the individual VO if they want to get a new one as that is not required to land, just a valid medical is. I am not sure if that is accurate or not as it seems that with Kingston, they are requesting them for everyone, but that is what they told me. Although one thing we know for sure is that getting a straight answer about anything immigration seems to be next to impossible!

lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
PinkyM said:
Expiry date of hubby's VISA was the date his meds expired.

I spoke to an agent at the call centre in Canada a few months before hubby's PPR and they actually told me that as far as the police checks go, it is actually up to the individual VO if they want to get a new one as that is not required to land, just a valid medical is. I am not sure if that is accurate or not as it seems that with Kingston, they are requesting them for everyone, but that is what they told me. Although one thing we know for sure is that getting a straight answer about anything immigration seems to be next to impossible!
Lol i wouldnt listen to cic... they just tell you what you want to hear... because you notice they telling 2 different things..

greengurl

Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/02/2013
Interview........
None Required
Passport Req..
16/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
25/04/2014
LANDED..........
06/06/2014
JANAIDIAN MRS said:

The hubby been up in my business all night asking where I am and what I'm doin and out with the girls talking about what? and Are you home? How bout now? I have something to talk to you about (heart attack thinking something is wrong :'() No No I just need to ask you something. HIM NAH NUTTIN FI ASK ME. HIM DID HAVE A PICTURE OF DI LETTA FI SEND!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

I was thinking that since I had to re do a question on a form maybe they were still doing background check. They wrote the damn letter April 11th it just took forever to get sent or to get to hubby! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Can't Sleep! Can't Sleep! Can't Sleep!
Congrats on PPR!!

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
lovindahubby said:
See, thats why i said i could be wrong also...lol... but as i was saying its not everyone medical got extended, because my husband medical didnt get extended and he has to go do it again
Did you email them to see if they extended them or did they request for them to be redone?