January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
JANAIDIAN MRS said:
So for the passport request they for sure CALL you? no e-mail or post mail for that request?
Welcome to the JamFam, JANAIDIAN MRS! :D

A passport request can happen any day of the week: by phone, by email (if an address was provided on the application), or by mail (least likely but still possible).

JANAIDIAN MRS

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 26, 2013
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do & request for more years info on History: March 26, 2014 (they received March 31, 2013)
File Transfer...
May 22, 2013
Med's Done....
April 3, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
April 22, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
MAY 5, 2014
LANDED..........
MAY 28, 2014
Nevaeha said:
Welcome to the JamFam, JANAIDIAN MRS! :D

A passport request can happen any day of the week: by phone, by email (if an address was provided on the application), or by mail (least likely but still possible).
Thank you! I told him to start bringing his charger with him. His phone is a piece sometimes. I hope it is almost over. You guys are making me excited! :eek: :p ;D

JANAIDIAN MRS

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 26, 2013
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do & request for more years info on History: March 26, 2014 (they received March 31, 2013)
File Transfer...
May 22, 2013
Med's Done....
April 3, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
April 22, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
MAY 5, 2014
LANDED..........
MAY 28, 2014
So I can finally fill out that stuff for my profile. I started and then stopped.
I do not know what these things are asking. HELP MEEEE.

Doc's Request.: is this the date they asked for more information if that happened to you? like being asked for a new police record check?

AOR Received.: acknowledgement of receipt right? I never got one of these. Did everyone get one? I literally only knew anything was happening with my app because they sent me a letter approving me to sponsor him and then the next time we heard anything was them asking for my husband to re do his police certificates.

File Transfer...: is this the date that I was approved to sponsor and then they said they would send it to KIN?

Med's Request: Did everyone not do their medical before sending it all in? why would it be requested unless they request that you do it again? Is that what it is asking? Perhaps this is a question for inland apps?

Med's Done....:

lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
JANAIDIAN MRS said:
So I can finally fill out that stuff for my profile. I started and then stopped.
I do not know what these things are asking. HELP MEEEE.

Doc's Request.: is this the date they asked for more information if that happened to you? like being asked for a new police record check?

AOR Received.: acknowledgement of receipt right? I never got one of these. Did everyone get one? I literally only knew anything was happening with my app because they sent me a letter approving me to sponsor him and then the next time we heard anything was them asking for my husband to re do his police certificates.

File Transfer...: is this the date that I was approved to sponsor and then they said they would send it to KIN?

Med's Request: Did everyone not do their medical before sending it all in? why would it be requested unless they request that you do it again? Is that what it is asking? Perhaps this is a question for inland apps?

Med's Done....:
Lol ok
Doc request is if they request further information from you, so your correct

AOR- you get this when cic send you a letter by mail or email saying you are eligible for sponsorship and the file is transferred to visa office for futher processing. In this letter you will see the date they received you file and approved you as a sponsor, also contain your UCI# and file number.. normally begins with F and 9 # after(i might be wrongg, but this was what i got)

File transfer- the date kingston received your application... and they say thats when the processing begin( well thats what kingston said, which i believe the processing begin when it reaches missisauga ..lol)

Meds request- med request is valid for a year but some people got an extension while others have to redo theirs. The visa officer might get it extended up to 15 months but if not they will send a next medical request which your hubby will have to redo... well in your case they only request a police record because its only valid for 9 months and it can not be extended, and i guess they extended your hubby medical since they did not ask for a new one.

Meds done- this is the date your hubby got his medical done.

CeCe la Belle

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 27, 2013
Doc's Request.
November 6, 2014
File Transfer...
October 25, 2013
Med's Done....
August 2013
Passport Req..
November 6, 2014
DADDYS GIRL said:
Good afternoon JamFam,

No news on our end yet hopefully, not much longer.

Special Welcome, Howdy, and Hello...to all the Newbies. You are surrounded by a wonderful bunch of people that are filled with a wealth of knowledge when it comes to this process.

Wifey BT...Congrats on Landing. I know that the "Longer" version of your landing story is too follow once you guys get settled. :p
Carm...Woohoo Congratulations on reaching the end. The next few days will be so exciting. I can't wait to read your landing story.
NTBWH...That sounds more than promising. Hopefully, you get that email or phone call very soon.
Nini...You must be on cloud nine. Hearing from Kingston unassisted is such a wonderful feeling. Good thing Hubby has time off to go to Kingston.

If I forgot to shout out or mention anyones update or progress please forgive me. Wishing everyone a Happy Hump Day!!!

Kingston the day is not over yet...make some more phone calls and send some more emails.

Stay Sweet as Always!

DG
dis upsets mi so much!!! mi really feel like they've lost your application when last you call them DG? because I swore that you would get yours right after chickie

lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
CeCe la Belle said:
dis upsets mi so much!!! mi really feel like they've lost your application when last you call them DG? because I swore that you would get yours right after chickie

Cece lol what you talking about? Dg huby got ppr already and they handed in the pp.. they just waiting for it to return and their journey is over...lol..

If your thinking they didnt get anything as yet

JANAIDIAN MRS

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 26, 2013
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
May 22, 2013
Med's Done....
April 3, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
April 22, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
MAY 5, 2014
LANDED..........
MAY 28, 2014
Thanks LovindaHubby

I will fix those dates asap.

i have been reading things and came across the page that tells what my hubby will need as documents when he lands.

Other documents you may need:

Birth certificates or baptismal certificates (got it)
Marriage certificates (got it)
Adoption, separation or divorce papers
School records, diplomas or degrees - did you guys that are finished do this? I think he found his high school diploma a few months ago but who knows if he has a clue where that is now.
Trade or professional certificates and licences - he is in construction... anyone know what kind of certification he could try getting asap? he has a license for driving air brake trucks but otherwise nothing.
Letters of reference from former employers - working on it
A list of your educational and professional qualifications and job experience (for your résumé) - so he basically creates a resume and brings it with him or simply a list of work skills he has acquired?
Driver’s licence, including an International Driver’s Permit and a reference from your auto insurance company - does the letter need to be within a certain amount of time or can he go and get that now?
Photocopies of all essential and important documents, in case the originals get lost (be sure to keep the photocopies in a separate place from the originals)
Car registration documents (if you are importing a motor vehicle into Canada)

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
JANAIDIAN MRS said:
That is awesome! Congratulations!

I just found another thread with all of those AMAZING spreadsheets. SOMEBODY was thinking. This is the Jamaica one I saw:

docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ai2mGk1woSIZdEFDeGlyYlVCS0x0T3BndGhOeWo3ZXc#gid=0
edited by: chickey72 or something.

is that the spreadsheet you all are on? because I found two but this was the more up to date one.

for the spreadsheet-->
my sponsorship approval took 27 days
e-cas says-->
started processing hubby's app on March 26 2014
& Medical Received
Good afternoon. I have added you to the spreadsheet....welcome to the famjam!

josephine196901

Star Member
May 11, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2013
Doc's Request.
01-04-2013
File Transfer...
05-05-2013
Med's Done....
04-07-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2014
Chickie!

Get ready to turn those light purples into dark purples! a few of us waiting on the Visa to be issued. I think that DG, myself, Mrs. SimpleUs, and Greengurl are sitting on the sidelines chewing our fingernails.

I am hoping it is this week, b/c I noticed airfares for one way from MoBay to YYZ are really going up in the following weeks. Does anyone know what is the best day to book your ticket, or what airline is offering cheap tickets after April 17?

Praying that Kingston is awake this week, and working at a fast pace@!

Also, hello to everyone else that I may have forgotten!

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
JANAIDIAN MRS said:
i have been reading things and came across the page that tells what my hubby will need as documents when he lands.

Other documents you may need:

Birth certificates or baptismal certificates (got it)
Marriage certificates (got it)
Adoption, separation or divorce papers
School records, diplomas or degrees - did you guys that are finished do this? I think he found his high school diploma a few months ago but who knows if he has a clue where that is now.
Trade or professional certificates and licences - he is in construction... anyone know what kind of certification he could try getting asap? he has a license for driving air brake trucks but otherwise nothing.
Letters of reference from former employers - working on it
A list of your educational and professional qualifications and job experience (for your résumé) - so he basically creates a resume and brings it with him or simply a list of work skills he has acquired?
Driver's licence, including an International Driver's Permit and a reference from your auto insurance company - does the letter need to be within a certain amount of time or can he go and get that now?
Photocopies of all essential and important documents, in case the originals get lost (be sure to keep the photocopies in a separate place from the originals)
Car registration documents (if you are importing a motor vehicle into Canada)
HS Diploma - Non-one has yet asked to see mine, but he'll need it later on to prove he is capable in English so he can apply for citizenship.
Trade certificates - If he is not in certain fields, these don't matter, as few trades in Jamaica provide these. I have my accounting certifications, but no-one has ever asked to see those either.
References - If he can get those in writing, definitely. My current employer had to back-check me, but I had already gained my HR Director's agreement to provide letters of reference if needed, and he promptly provided it when requested. If he can't get actual letters, he should try to secure at least verbal agreement to provide references if called upon to do so.
Resume - He should definitely make one up to bring with him. However, I recommend your local Employment Options office for assistance with polishing it for the Canadian job market. What a Jamaican employer wants in a resume is what and who you know (education and work history), what a Canadian employer wants is what you can do (skills and how long you have been applying them).
Driving history - He can get his summary/extract now, as long as it is not too far out of date it should be OK.

Oh...Howdy everyone! :D

JANAIDIAN MRS

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 26, 2013
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
May 22, 2013
Med's Done....
April 3, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
April 22, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
MAY 5, 2014
LANDED..........
MAY 28, 2014
CharlieD10 said:
HS Diploma - Non-one has yet asked to see mine, but he'll need it later on to prove he is capable in English so he can apply for citizenship.
Trade certificates - If he is not in certain fields, these don't matter, as few trades in Jamaica provide these. I have my accounting certifications, but no-one has ever asked to see those either.
References - If he can get those in writing, definitely. My current employer had to back-check me, but I had already gained my HR Director's agreement to provide letters of reference if needed, and he promptly provided it when requested. If he can't get actual letters, he should try to secure at least verbal agreement to provide references if called upon to do so.
Resume - He should definitely make one up to bring with him. However, I recommend your local Employment Options office for assistance with polishing it for the Canadian job market. What a Jamaican employer wants in a resume is what and who you know (education and work history), what a Canadian employer wants is what you can do (skills and how long you have been applying them).
Driving history - He can get his summary/extract now, as long as it is not too far out of date it should be OK.

Oh...Howdy everyone! :D

Thank you Chickie72

Hi CharlieD

Thank you.
He will be trying to get actual letters from his former employers. He has been trying for a while and they still haven't cooperated and gotten it done. ughhh. :mad:

New questions for all. I'm sorry. I have a lot.

1) When your spouses finally came. Mine has to stop in Toronto so he will do his interview there and get his stamp. On the plane. Do they check resident on the declaration card and stand in the resident line? OR because they haven't done their interview yet they are a "visitor" and stand in the visitor?

2) When they land will it take a long time? Will I need to find a flight with a long layover so he doesn't miss his second flight? more than 2 hr layover

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
JANAIDIAN MRS said:
Thank you Chickie72

Hi CharlieD

Thank you.
He will be trying to get actual letters from his former employers. He has been trying for a while and they still haven't cooperated and gotten it done. ughhh. :mad:

New questions for all. I'm sorry. I have a lot.

1) When your spouses finally came. Mine has to stop in Toronto so he will do his interview there and get his stamp. On the plane. Do they check resident on the declaration card and stand in the resident line? OR because they haven't done their interview yet they are a "visitor" and stand in the visitor?

2) When they land will it take a long time? Will I need to find a flight with a long layover so he doesn't miss his second flight? more than 2 hr layover

Morning!!

1) he would mark visitor as he hasn't landed yet and he's not a resident

2) it doesn't take long for them to "land" in Toronto. Where is he connecting to?

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
Good Morning JAMFAM and Happy Monday!! Hoping that KGN gets those PPs back to those that are waiting and makes a few PPR calls this week as well. It's a short week so let's hope they are motivated!

PinkyM

Star Member
Mar 9, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
PC 3.8.14
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
sammystorm19 said:
Morning!!

1) he would mark visitor as he hasn't landed yet and he's not a resident

2) it doesn't take long for them to "land" in Toronto. Where is he connecting to?
When my hubby landed 2 weeks ago, it took a hour from the time the plane landed until we got outside the doors where my family was waiting. We went in the non resident line, that part was really quick, the CBSA officer helped us fill out the declaration card as we weren't sure if we should do separate ones for each of us - which we did have to do! He asked us if he was shipping any goods later, we said no and then he referred us on to Immigration. We went in & sat down - this was the longest wait, but still not very long - we were probably a 1/2 hour - 45 mins, but there were 3 families landing ahead of us in line (all of them had a language barrier, so it took a bit longer), when it was our turn, we were sitting in the Immigration officiers cubible for probably 5 minutes, my husband signed the COPR and he sent us on our way. Service Canada was there and they did tell us that we needed to go see them, but when I found out it was to apply for his SIN number, I asked if we could just do that on our own and they said yes, so we took off to get our bags. I would guess that if there hadn't have been a wait in Immigration, the process would have taken 20 minutes.

Hopefully this is helpful!