Interview........
Waived - In Process Dec 21/12
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
ha ha... it is very tempting! but, alas, we have been waiting until he is here in Canada to have #2. He missed out on everything during the first one. (I left JA when I was 3 months pregnant) We didn't want to do it that way again, but we will have fun practicing !!!!!!

EDIT: Just noticed my ticker... 10 months today :(

ok tho, we have a plan to keep focused on... Hussy is doin med redo and pcc redo this week unprompted by KGN. then a week after he has sent them in I plan to reorder file notes... Hoping he can get PPR by end of September and that he can come home with me in October!

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012 - Kingston In Process
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
I'm happy to hear you both are being proactive and putting in the work beforehand. The great thing is, we're starting a brand new week and hopefully there are lots of updates for everyone over the next week! Where is your hubby from?

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Sp. Apr. Dec. 22/11 & Tr. Jan.25/12
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
yes... I am trying to do whatever I can to speed things up. Instead of waiting for the requests, we are choosing to do the redos on our own so they are ready when the time comes for PPR... I am returning to Canada, from my visit, in mid October. that gives KGN a lil more than 8 weeks to finish it up!

Oh, and my hubby is in Trelawny!

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
The good news is, you're nearing the end of this process and he will be home with you soon. Was there anything on your notes that gave you an indication of what KG is working on at this time? I'm presuming, the relationship validity has passed and they're working on background checks at this stage.

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
the notes said (or didnt say lol) that criminality check, security check, and eligibility check have not started. but as Charlie noted, they will not say anything else until they say complete. There was a note on our file of how we met and that we have a child together. It also included what proofs we sent in... there wasn't anything negative and no red flags....

Are you interested in joining our FB group?

Where is your hubby from?

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
Well that's good news there wasn't any red flags and as mentioned earlier, is likely going through background checks. If your hubby has traveled, it may be the reason for some delay. I recall you telling me about the FB group so I'll check it out. :)

Hubby lives in Green Island, Hanover approximate 10km from Negril.

Just curious does anyone know if it would have necessary to provide employment reference letters from past employers to ascertain husbands work history as supporting evidence to the back ground checks? He's worked for two employers over the past 10 years and is now self employed/owns his own business. The first employer remunerated him in cash and second was through payroll. I'm wondering how they will substantiate his tenure with the first employer? Would it be helpful to send in a letter from the first employer confirming his employment with them? This topic came up in our convo tonight.

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
JUNE 27 2012:)
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
Good morning family and happy Monday to all
Boy I must tell you God is great and I am soo happy for his blessing
this weekend I had one of the most terrifying calls of my life I swear it was as if the world has stopped spinning and my heart reached my thought....
Long story short my husbands brother had an altercation with a neighbour that turned physical
he tried to separate the two of them and was thrown into a gully injuring his back and his head
ended up spending the night in the hospital .... praise be to God there are no major injures and he will be ok ... he is at home resting and recuperating , I have never been so scared in my life especially when I received the call and then for 15 hours had no word from anyone out there at what was happening…. I tell you to hear that my husband is injured on the way to the hospital and nothing more scared me to death
I spent the next 15 hours cry and praying and receiving words of encouragement from someone who has become a great friend through this process (you know who u are) and thank you for staying by side this weekend without your constant messages I surely would have gone crazy. I am thankful that everything is ok but this incident did teach me a lot like cherishing the moments every small one and not to sweat the small things …..

Kgn come on we all need our other half’s by our sides do your thing and make it happen
I am hoping for some good news this week from somebody here in this forum (hint hint jamgirl I have a strong feeling about you getting some good news this week)

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
Jamgirl said:
The visa is valid until the expiration of the medical certificate or the expiration of the passport, whichever comes first.

Thanks; good to know!

I have 2 very good friends that work at that resort. One is a photographer (maybe he did your wedding) and the other is the supervisor of the entertainment team...

My husband and his family have been affiliated with Sandals & Beaches over the years. We had a female photographer...not overly happy with the pics but our friends and family got some great ones!

My hubby told me he want to pick up his passport with visa in it and drive straight to the airport and catch the plane lolTrue talk!

Cute!

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
ready_fi_move_on said:
Good morning family and happy Monday to all
Boy I must tell you God is great and I am soo happy for his blessing
this weekend I had one of the most terrifying calls of my life I swear it was as if the world has stopped spinning and my heart reached my thought....
Long story short my husbands brother had an altercation with a neighbour that turned physical
he tried to separate the two of them and was thrown into a gully injuring his back and his head
ended up spending the night in the hospital .... praise be to God there are no major injures and he will be ok ... he is at home resting and recuperating , I have never been so scared in my life especially when I received the call and then for 15 hours had no word from anyone out there at what was happening.... I tell you to hear that my husband is injured on the way to the hospital and nothing more scared me to death
I spent the next 15 hours cry and praying and receiving words of encouragement from someone who has become a great friend through this process (you know who u are) and thank you for staying by side this weekend without your constant messages I surely would have gone crazy. I am thankful that everything is ok but this incident did teach me a lot like cherishing the moments every small one and not to sweat the small things .....

ready_fi_move_on - I am so sorry ro hear about this and I pray that everyone is okay. It's hard being so far away...especially when something like this happens.

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
nevaha
thanks so much
trust if the vo who has our file could have spent 5 minutes this weekend they would bypass any background check ...interview etc ...
well thats not how this crazy world works soo i guess its back to the drawing board and getting ourselves prepared for his interview...
alot is in motion for that and think we will be well prepared of the interview as my mother inlaw say just tell the truth and everthing will fall in its place and thats what we intend to do

FaithfullyWaiting

Star Member
Jul 30, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-12-2011
AOR Received.
4-2-2012
File Transfer...
25-3-2012
Med's Request
14-2-2012
Med's Done....
14-3-2012
Good Morning Everyone! :D

I'm praying for some good news for us this week.

"True friendship and true love do sustain the tests of distance and time." - Unknown.

Have a beautful day!! :-*

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
FaithfullyWaiting said:

"True friendship and true love do sustain the tests of distance and time." - Unknown.

great words for to live by faithfully waiting

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
FaithfullyWaiting said:

Like!

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
Nevaeha said:
IMy husband and his family have been affiliated with Sandals & Beaches over the years. We had a female photographer...not overly happy with the pics but our friends and family got some great ones!
Sad to hear that... my friend that is a photographer there is male... he actually took the day off work and travelled to the north coast to do my wedding for me. I am overly satisfied with our wedding photos and I believe he did an amazing job!

oh Manners, good mawnin Famjam!

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
Updates!! ;D ;D ;D

Well ladies, Kingston is on their P & Q's this week!!! It's Monday morning and we received communication from them directly. Hubby predicted over the last week we were going to get news today and it came!! He almost fainted.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your application is in process and no further action is required by you at this time. You will be contacted directly when your application has moved to the next stage of processing.

We thank you for your patience.