File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
Do they at least acknowledge that they recieved the medical? On gkey it still says "We have requested a medical exam."
Takes a while sometimes. Mine took 2 weeks. Some take 1 day. Others even 3. Depends on the Doc office and also Canada VO. doesn't speed anything up to see iflr as received anyways. Save yourself the disappointment of checking every min. It'll update.

Reactions: lobstergirl

CaptainPilot

Star Member
Mar 15, 2014
I am not going to email them personally because it always take a million years to get a response lol. My MP office does an excellent job following up with IRCC, so i'll continue to go through them. I've asked my MP office to check in with IRCC every 30 days for an update and that's what we have been doing.

Last update was ; PPR is next but no timeline due to COVID and limited capacity at KVO etc... so hopefully good news soon for all of us.

Prayers

Last edited:

Natlouis

May 17, 2021
I am November 2019 and still waiting it really sucks
Mine was received in july 2019, transfered to Kingston in oct 2019, still in process, and is a pretty straight forward file, nothing was missing, police certificate is clear, medical is clear, been married over 3 years now, together 10 years, at least he's got a visa so we're both able to go back and forth, however this lifestyle is taking it's toll, Kingston has a huge backlog it is one office that is taking much longer then most and we are being penalized just base on our location, how frustrating when I see other OVS spousal sponsorship received in 2020 that have been completed and I have confirmation that even some 2021 OVS applications have been recently approved, because instead of forwarding it to the visa office based on the applicant location they do everything here from A to Z. Years are passing without being able to make any permanent plans is truly unfortunate, yet they are opening all kinds of new expedited immigration process and leaving others in the dust, I have sent an email to the office of the prime minister to complain about the unfairness of this whole process and that no value is given to family reunification.

Rachelle21

Star Member
Mar 26, 2021
Mine was received in july 2019, transfered to Kingston in oct 2019, still in process, and is a pretty straight forward file, nothing was missing, police certificate is clear, medical is clear, been married over 3 years now, together 10 years, at least he's got a visa so we're both able to go back and forth, however this lifestyle is taking it's toll, Kingston has a huge backlog it is one office that is taking much longer then most and we are being penalized just base on our location, how frustrating when I see other OVS spousal sponsorship received in 2020 that have been completed and I have confirmation that even some 2021 OVS applications have been recently approved, because instead of forwarding it to the visa office based on the applicant location they do everything here from A to Z. Years are passing without being able to make any permanent plans is truly unfortunate, yet they are opening all kinds of new expedited immigration process and leaving others in the dust, I have sent an email to the office of the prime minister to complain about the unfairness of this whole process and that no value is given to family reunification.
That is completely ridiculous and beyond frustrating :-( I’ve honestly lost hope at this point.

Natlouis

May 17, 2021
If the government, has all the resources to implement all these new immigration processes, why are they not putting any efforts towards the old applications, especially family reunification process which used to be a priority in immigration process.. They are playing with peoples lives and family. I'm beyond frustrated with all of this.

Chad4lyphe

Jul 28, 2019
If the government, has all the resources to implement all these new immigration processes, why are they not putting any efforts towards the old applications, especially family reunification process which used to be a priority in immigration process.. They are playing with peoples lives and family. I'm beyond frustrated with all of this.
That's a long time to be processing a application that is not complicated, go to show that immigration seem to be a agency of they own no one is there to hold them accountable to timeline.

can u tell when was your last update from Kingston vo ? Am approaching six months without a update from either Kingston are Shanghai vo cause the both of them seem to have my file working on

CaptainPilot

Star Member
Mar 15, 2014
Meanwhile other VOs are on a roll. I got a Filipino friend who applied mid 2020 and his family landed 1st of this month. His VO was manila known for being one of the fastest besides the US

Natlouis

May 17, 2021
That's a long time to be processing a application that is not complicated, go to show that immigration seem to be a agency of they own no one is there to hold them accountable to timeline.

can u tell when was your last update from Kingston vo ? Am approaching six months without a update from either Kingston are Shanghai vo cause the both of them seem to have my file working on
Kinsgton recently extended the medicals last month, they had obviously expired, But the last time an officer actually worked or reviewed the application was in feb 2020, no officer has looked at the file since. Each time I send an enquiry (august 2020 and march 2021) they sent me the same generic covid-delay response, if the Kingston office is overwhelmed, why aren't they being more proactive in asking for assistance from other offices, i'm so tired of this we're sitting here like puppets, I'm 22 months waiting, I have a friend who applied around the same time, application processed in Paris, her spouse was granted PR end of 2019, took 5 months, he's been here for 1 1/2 year, they purchased a home, had a baby and another one the way, working, already accumulating time to apply for his citizenship eventually.. I'm happy for her obviously , but soo depressing for me seeing that certain aspect of our lives are on complete hold and don't know until when.

Natlouis

May 17, 2021
Kinsgton recently extended the medicals last month, they had obviously expired, But the last time an officer actually worked or reviewed the application was in feb 2020, no officer has looked at the file since. Each time I send an enquiry (august 2020 and march 2021) they sent me the same generic covid-delay response, if the Kingston office is overwhelmed, why aren't they being more proactive in asking for assistance from other offices, i'm so tired of this we're sitting here like puppets, I'm 22 months waiting, I have a friend who applied around the same time, application processed in Paris, her spouse was granted PR end of 2019, took 5 months, he's been here for 1 1/2 year, they purchased a home, had a baby and another one the way, working, already accumulating time to apply for his citizenship eventually.. I'm happy for her obviously , but soo depressing for me seeing that certain aspect of our lives are on complete hold and don't know until when.
Its a good thing that my husband has a 10 years multiple entry visa I'm grateful for that at least, because I'm not sure if our relationship would of made it.