App. Filed.......
16-01-2020
AOR Received.
31-01-2020
Med's Request
27-02-2020
Med's Done....
16-03-2020
So I emailed my MP asking for an update on the decision that was made and more. She said my husband is approved and the COPR expires in February of 2022. Kingston should be able to send for the passport.. I literally don’t see why they need to make people wait excessively.

Okmb

Feb 25, 2021
So I emailed my MP asking for an update on the decision that was made and more. She said my husband is approved and the COPR expires in February of 2022. Kingston should be able to send for the passport.. I literally don’t see why they need to make people wait excessively.
I did the same my MP said I was approved since Feb 15 I can't understand what there doing. Canada let in so many Indians immigrants in the last few months so why do we have to wait. Flights are coming in from Kingston to Toronto. This is really a stress.

Rachelle21

Star Member
Mar 26, 2021
That’s ridiculous!!

shine_eye

Nov 15, 2020
Wow! I am surprised about the length of the expiry date on the COPR! Is that normal?

Maybe they made it so long to accommodate any potential closures due to COVID?

Shickaa

Apr 3, 2020
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
16-01-2020
AOR Received.
31-01-2020
Med's Request
27-02-2020
Med's Done....
16-03-2020
Wow! I am surprised about the length of the expiry date on the COPR! Is that normal?

Maybe they made it so long to accommodate any potential closures due to COVID?
I was surprised to! Because I normally see people with like 30 days to land in Canada. So most likely it’s to accommodate the closures fi true.

Reactions: shine_eye

Becky*2021

May 11, 2021
Hi there, I’m new here, I just applied in March to sponsor my husband. Hubby has two daughters from a previous relationship who are included on the application but are non accompanying, ages 5 and 15. We received the medical request last week and Medicals have been arranged for him and his two daughters. He was told his 15 year old needs her passport in order to have the medical completed. Is this correct? Does she need to have a valid passport in order to get the medical done even though she is on the application as nonaccompanying? Any input greatly appreciated. Thanks!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
He was told his 15 year old needs her passport in order to have the medical completed. Is this correct? Does she need to have a valid passport in order to get the medical done even though she is on the application as nonaccompanying? Any input greatly appreciated. Thanks!
If they told you it's required, then seemingly it is. (And does fit with other files). Even if non-accompanying. I do not know if there is a way to waive this or do without passport; you should be able to request and get an extension by explaining and applying for passport (show application). Obviously a hassle if it takes long to get a passport.

Reactions: DiiDii

Tkmb

May 12, 2021
Hi everyone, we are March 2020 applicants. My husband completed his medical in January and we haven't heard back since then. Is this normal? Who should he contact to find out more? He is in Jamaica and I am in Canada

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
Hi everyone, we are March 2020 applicants. My husband completed his medical in January and we haven't heard back since then. Is this normal? Who should he contact to find out more? He is in Jamaica and I am in Canada
At the moment. Yes it's normal. A few people have received The Pre Arrival letters. Kingston is moving very slow. Since you are in Canada. Order your notes to see if you can find out anything. I'm January 2020 and waiting. There are April and July 2020 who are further that us. That's how messed up the timing is right now.

Good luck

Tkmb

May 12, 2021
At the moment. Yes it's normal. A few people have received The Pre Arrival letters. Kingston is moving very slow. Since you are in Canada. Order your notes to see if you can find out anything. I'm January 2020 and waiting. There are April and July 2020 who are further that us. That's how messed up the timing is right now.

Good luck
Do they at least acknowledge that they recieved the medical? On gkey it still says "We have requested a medical exam."

Reactions: lobstergirl

TROD94

Sep 29, 2019

Good luck
I am November 2019 and still waiting it really sucks