AOR: Jan 31st
Biometrics requested: Feb 26th
Medical Requested: Feb 27th
SA: Feb 28th
File Transfer: Feb 28th
Medical done: Feb 28th
Biometrics done: March 2nd
Medical Approved: March 16th
Background check started as well not sure when but now we are just waiting.

Kemisha

Jun 20, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KVO
App. Filed.......
09-04-2018
AOR Received.
15-05-2018
File Transfer...
01-06-2018
Med's Request
25-05-2018
Med's Done....
04-06-2018/ summited 11-06-2018
Morning ya'll

Well our file will be at 29 months next week i email them last week and receive an email back this week stating

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

I'm hoping to travel to see him in Nov...cause its been 1 year since we have seen each other. Well I will be praying for all of us. May God watch over us all

BABESANDI

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
My hubby application is 16 months this month, I reach out to my MP last week and he was able to get an update for me, they mention in the email medical is expired, security has not been innitiated, criminal check is on process. Basically the application is still in process. They said if everything is successful then the next would be passport request, if it's decline then you can appeal. They make no mention of interviews. Which is so weird since I know that's what he is waiting on, will just have to keep praying and waiting, this feels like a never ending process.

OneilNvic

Star Member
Apr 14, 2019
My hubby application is 16 months this month, I reach out to my MP last week and he was able to get an update for me, they mention in the email medical is expired, security has not been innitiated, criminal check is on process. Basically the application is still in process. They said if everything is successful then the next would be passport request, if it's decline then you can appeal. They make no mention of interviews. Which is so weird since I know that's what he is waiting on, will just have to keep praying and waiting, this feels like a never ending process.
So that means your husband doing medical again?

Canadian Sensation

Star Member
Jul 30, 2020
Morning ya'll

Well our file will be at 29 months next week i email them last week and receive an email back this week stating

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

I'm hoping to travel to see him in Nov...cause its been 1 year since we have seen each other. Well I will be praying for all of us. May God watch over us all
Wow 29 months...that’s a long time. Hopefully you hear something soon. It is now 11 months since I see my husband also. Would love to go but afraid if I get sick and hard to get so much time off work. It’s really unfair the limbo that immigration has us in.

Reactions: Possom22

Canadian Sensation

Star Member
Jul 30, 2020
We just passed 16 months last week. Have done everything including interview which was done March 12/20. We have decision made and pre-arrival email from March 16/20 but have heard nothing since then. Our local MP has been trying to get answers for more then 3 weeks now and have still heard anything from IRCC when I talked to them on Monday.

BABESANDI

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
We just passed 16 months last week. Have done everything including interview which was done March 12/20. We have decision made and pre-arrival email from March 16/20 but have heard nothing since then. Our local MP has been trying to get answers for more then 3 weeks now and have still heard anything from IRCC when I talked to them on Monday.
Oh I hope they are not closed again due to covid spike, my MP got to them exactly two weeks ago. And told me what they said. I hope they get back to you with some answering soon. The silence is deafening

Married2018

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
hey everyone, don't know if anyone here can answer this question but i'm going to ask anyways...when your documents are sent to your Local Visa Office (in my case KVO) is that an indication that BGC is completed, or will it start at this point?
My file is still in Sydney and they indicated that background check was initiated in March. There really is no set pattern how they process applications. This is probably to keep us guessing.

Reactions: TROD94

TROD94

Sep 29, 2019
My file is still in Sydney and they indicated that background check was initiated in March. There really is no set pattern how they process applications. This is probably to keep us guessing.
My application still in Sydney as well November 2019 applicant did medical in March last update I got was medical received and that was it sigh

Reactions: DiiDii

OneilNvic

Star Member
Apr 14, 2019
My application still in Sydney as well November 2019 applicant did medical in March last update I got was medical received and that was it sigh
Wow this is so crazy i really can not believe this is happening and no updates? Not even an email to say hey this is what happening so far? Ridiculous

TROD94

Sep 29, 2019
Wow this is so crazy i really can not believe this is happening and no updates? Not even an email to say hey this is what happening so far? Ridiculous
yes it’s really ridiculous but ohh well I can’t do nothing but just wait