+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***KINGSTON, JAMAICA **New Application**(as of Dec 7, 2016)***

destinyjam2can

Apr 2, 2017
Really?
I would email them with your file number in the subject line, requesting an update on your file. I read on here that somebody else did that and it they got an interview request after doing that.
We have done that already but we're well in the timeframe. There is myself and a April applicant who's still waiting through kvo so it's normal. I don't believe we have an interview as our file is in the last stages background check.

Teddyhlc

Star Member
Feb 3, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KVO
App. Filed.......
04-04-2018
Doc's Request.
14-05-2018
AOR Received.
10-05-2018
File Transfer...
26-05-2018
Med's Request
14-05-2018
Med's Done....
24-05-2018
Interview........
07-11-2018
Passport Req..
07-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2018
LANDED..........
12-07-2018
We have done that already but we're well in the timeframe. There is myself and a April applicant who's still waiting through kvo so it's normal. I don't believe we have an interview as our file is in the last stages background check.
So you should get the PPR this month?

mj3

Jun 5, 2018
Please help!...
My husband and I applied for TRV last year and at the time we were engaged but we didn’t mention that, only said bf/gf. It was denied however. We are currently married and applied for spousal sponsorship PR but this time in the application we told our real engagement date. What do you think can happen to our application now can it be denied because we didn’t mention our engagement with the TRV?

SHANkey

Star Member
Nov 12, 2016
Category........
FAM
Please help!...
My husband and I applied for TRV last year and at the time we were engaged but we didn’t mention that, only said bf/gf. It was denied however. We are currently married and applied for spousal sponsorship PR but this time in the application we told our real engagement date. What do you think can happen to our application now can it be denied because we didn’t mention our engagement with the TRV?
I honestly wouldn't worry about that too much once u have a strong case if they ask about it u explain truthfully if they don' it's one less thing to think about but I can tell you from experience that what we are worried over cic have something else or nothing coming just relax and try to keep calm although I know it''s better said than done

Reactions: mj3 and Newbie101

Newbie101

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KVO
AOR Received.
06/11/17
File Transfer...
19/03/2018
Med's Request
07/03/2018
Med's Done....
14/03/2018
Good day peeps, has anyone actually ever used the prearrival services? And what was the experience like? Any suggestions or recommendations to a particular service?

mj3

Jun 5, 2018
I honestly wouldn't worry about that too much once u have a strong case if they ask about it u explain truthfully if they don' it's one less thing to think about but I can tell you from experience that what we are worried over cic have something else or nothing coming just relax and try to keep calm although I know it''s better said than done
Thanks SHANkey, I appreciate your response!

Reactions: SHANkey

SHANkey

Star Member
Nov 12, 2016
Category........
FAM
HI guys my kids and I landed at yyz last night June 6 2018 they only ask how old my big daughter was and what am taking into Canada the only hard part was that we waited in immigration line for 3hrs the kids were exhausted it was our first time traveling omg we couldn't find the trolleys to push the suitcases I fell lol a lady helped me, but now we are home safe and sound with hubby. Seeing complete on my ecas made me smile so hard. I wish you guys all the best and keep trusting in GOD.

Fowl

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
I' new here, I'm in winnipeg awaiting spousal sponshorship I have my Jamaican D/L which was expired in 2016 do i have to go through the whole driving process and wait 9 months to be driving on my own??

Bubbles21

Star Member
May 7, 2018
HI guys my kids and I landed at yyz last night June 6 2018 they only ask how old my big daughter was and what am taking into Canada the only hard part was that we waited in immigration line for 3hrs the kids were exhausted it was our first time traveling omg we couldn't find the trolleys to push the suitcases I fell lol a lady helped me, but now we are home safe and sound with hubby. Seeing complete on my ecas made me smile so hard. I wish you guys all the best and keep trusting in GOD.
Welcome to Canada......what was your time line.

Reactions: Teddyhlc

leaannbowes

Star Member
Aug 15, 2017
I have personally exchanged my Jamaican drivers license for a drivers licence in Ontario .. and so has 3 other members of my family. My father did the eye test and was given G , I received G2 based on my history at that time.... Im not sure why Jamaica isn't on that list ... but better safe than sorry do what you gotta do ..

I guess things have changed .. I just walked in with my Jamaican DL ..and walked out with a G2 after completing eye and written test ... it was so easy took me a few hours tho .. DMV was packed!
How do they know how many years you have been driving. I'm going to take my husband in and get his license switched over.

SHANkey

Star Member
Nov 12, 2016
Category........
FAM
Welcome to Canada......what was your time line.
Application received November 21 2017
Kvo started processing March 8 2018
Interview request came on may first
Did interview on may 9th 2018
Visa on spot
Landed June 6 2018
From application received to visa issuance was 5 months and we weeks exactly

leaannbowes

Star Member
Aug 15, 2017
Application received November 21 2017
Kvo started processing March 8 2018
Interview request came on may first
Did interview on may 9th 2018
Visa on spot
Landed June 6 2018
From application received to visa issuance was 5 months and we weeks exactly
When you look back we were so fast through the process.
The only thing I have really noticed bringing my husband here is that he needs to find some friends. So far mine have been including him in everything, but he still needs his own. He's also noticed all his friends in Jamaica ask for something, money, for him to bring stuff when he goes back etc. That has been a huge eye opener for him.

SHANkey

Star Member
Nov 12, 2016
Category........
FAM
When you look back we were so fast through the process.
The only thing I have really noticed bringing my husband here is that he needs to find some friends. So far mine have been including him in everything, but he still needs his own. He's also noticed all his friends in Jamaica ask for something, money, for him to bring stuff when he goes back etc. That has been a huge eye opener for him.
I eed some friends too lol his friend will soon stop that give it time I hope n yea our process went really fast thank GOD

Neikabless

Jun 8, 2018
Is anyone sponsoring just their dependent child/ren or know of a forum for Jamaicans?I’m in the process but it’s been at KVO office since April 9th and we still haven’t heard anything.