+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***KINGSTON, JAMAICA **New Application**(as of Dec 7, 2016)***

Jhenall

Jan 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just submitted my spousal application and wanted to see if anyone is submitting from Jamaica around this time so we can go through this journey together

Reactions: Shellzie

chayillove27

Apr 30, 2022
Good evening everyone, hope all is well!

I want to submit an outland spousal sponsorship application for my spouse who lives in Jamaica (I'm from Toronto). I've been on OESP (Ontario Electricity Support Program) for 1.5 years and last week I came off of that program (since it may be considered social assistance), does anyone know how long I should wait until I go ahead and apply for the spousal sponsorship since I just came off of OESP?

Shellzie

Dec 5, 2021
Just submitted my spousal application and wanted to see if anyone is submitting from Jamaica around this time so we can go through this journey together
All the best, and I pray it will be a speedy process for you. We are putting our documents together. It's so much!

Reactions: Jhenall

Flyingfast

Feb 9, 2022
Hi All
My husband previously applied for a visitors visa to Canada before we were married, we accidentally omitted his siblings name from the for which requested it (IMM5257)
We are now in the process of preparing Outland spousal sponsorship how should I address this error.
Should I include a letter of explanation.
I personally would. I provided several letters of explanation in my wife's application. It's better to be clear than leave the visa officer with questions. Also, don't believe the IRCC processing times. When we applied in July 2022 the processing for Jamaica outland was 23 months. Ours was finished in 6 months. 4 of those months were waiting for AOR. Kingston was very fast. 49 days after AOR and my wife had her COPR and entry visa. Good luck!

Jhenall

Jan 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All the best, and I pray it will be a speedy process for you. We are putting our documents together. It's so much!
Just push through. We started the forms in Nov 2022 and finally submitted last week. Now we can't remember if we mentioned a previous visa refusal and it's bothering me because we cannot double check or anything.

Shellzie

Dec 5, 2021
Just push through. We started the forms in Nov 2022 and finally submitted last week. Now we can't remember if we mentioned a previous visa refusal and it's bothering me because we cannot double check or anything.
I can't recall seeing a form for the spousal sponsorship which ask about visa refusal but if you want to be safe just write a letter of explanation and submit it via web form.

Jhenall

Jan 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's a question on one of the online forms. We submitted the webform so hopefully there is no issue. When will you be submitting?

chris22

Dec 15, 2022
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KVO
App. Filed.......
04-11-2022
Doc's Request.
20-03-2023
File Transfer...
March 20, 2023
Med's Request
March 20, 2023
Finally heard back.. Resubmitted January 2023 as our previous submitted application had an expired document. They are now requesting, biometrics, police check and medical.. things are finally rolling! Fingers crossed he gets through this time around.

Last edited: