+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***KINGSTON, JAMAICA **New Application**(as of Dec 7, 2016)***

lobstergirl

Star Member
Jul 18, 2019
I'm June 2019 last time I heard from Immigration was Aug 11, 2020 asking for a new police record as the one we submitted expired in June 2020.(Not happy we had to pay again due to co-vid) To our surprise the process is different due to co-vid downtown Kingston police station before we paid 10,000JA and got it same day, Process has changed!! This time when my husband showed up Step 1 he was given a number to stand in line(it was very long) when he got in he was given an appointment to come back! Step 2 he showed up for his appointment, when they were done he was given a paper. step 3 he had to go back again to pick it up. Crazy!!! but we submitted the new one August 24th on his GC key it still shows them reviewing it since September 17th 2020!! We are now November Last week I reached out to my member of Parliament when she contacted them they said their monitoring co-vid and working at a reduced staff and we just have to wait. We are beyond frustrated but trying to keep the faith. I feel for all of you!! This is not easy!

Last edited:
Reactions: DiiDii

Missingmylove

Apr 18, 2020
How would one know there will be an interview?
We've order notes twice eligibility was review required then recommend passed. Will there be an interview after recommended pass? I'm afraid if any of us gonna have an interview we can count this year out of it for us .This process and the pandemic is gonna make me lose my mind.

BABESANDI

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
We've order notes twice eligibility was review required then recommend passed. Will there be an interview after recommended pass? I'm afraid if any of us gonna have an interview we can count this year out of it for us .This process and the pandemic is gonna make me lose my mind.
One other way is that some interview was postponed due to covid so they know for sure cause they are waiting for reschedule, the notes also says it sometimes.

lobstergirl

Star Member
Jul 18, 2019
[/QU

Last edited:

Tya

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
From my opinion they wont resume normal processing until vaccine in ready, im not even worried about this no more.. i as a essential worker got to be out there everyday interacting with hundreds of people daily.. but its so hard for them to work with a few people in office.. if its out of my timing ill just go be with my family.. happiness is what really matters, so many people dieing leaving their lovedones.

Missingmylove

Apr 18, 2020
Vaccine?
The virus reached my husband's workplace last week. His results are negative however a coworker was negative then show positive since this process started a denied TRV and this pandemic I know for sure I am struggling with anxiety and depression, I've even had a panic attack. night and day I cry. Right now I am afraid to see my doctor she wants me on meds. She told me to pray " there is nothing in this life that God can't fix", she said. If I return I'll be on antidepressants. My husband can travel to see me but now I have to live feeling like a failure, worthless, and rejected, why for being poor, uneducated or being born in a third world country? I have to struggle all my life feeling this way but now I've lost it. having to reach way down for faith. I can't imagine my life without my husband; I prayed for years for my husband and God gave me my husband now our future is in their hands? I wish my husband can be here then again I'll live feeling guilty he may regret to come to live here since he has a stable job for many years, health insurance and all. I am not even in a position to fast for months I haven't been eating much I've been praying and waiting for God to answer. I am scared if asked about mental health I'll have to answer yes. My husband booked his ticket to be here for the holiday and I am ashamed for him to see me like this.

Last edited:

Shickaa

Apr 3, 2020
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
16-01-2020
AOR Received.
31-01-2020
Med's Request
27-02-2020
Med's Done....
16-03-2020
Vaccine?
The virus reached my husband's workplace last week. His results are negative however a coworker was negative then show positive since this process started a denied TRV and this pandemic I know for sure I am struggling with anxiety and depression, I've even had a panic attack. night and day I cry. Right now I am afraid to see my doctor she wants me on meds. She told me to pray " there is nothing in this life that God can't fix", she said. If I return I'll be on antidepressants. My husband can travel to see me but now I have to live feeling like a failure, worthless, and rejected, why for being poor, uneducated or being born in a third world country? I have to struggle all my life feeling this way but now I've lost it. having to reach way down for faith. I can't imagine my life without my husband; I prayed for years for my husband and God gave me my husband now our future is in their hands? I wish my husband can be here then again I'll live feeling guilty he may regret to come to live here since he has a stable job for many years, health insurance and all. I am not even in a position to fast for months I haven't been eating much I've been praying and waiting for God to answer. I am scared if asked about mental health I'll have to answer yes. My husband booked his ticket to be here for the holiday and I am ashamed for him to see me like this.
I literally teared up reading this... I too feel anxious and depressed especially with the slow down of the application process .. it’s so hard to deal with. I try to do stuff daily to distract the thoughts cause I’m not working due to covid .. don’t feel like your worthless. Think positive ! You’ll be with him soon!

lobstergirl

Star Member
Jul 18, 2019
Vaccine?
Aww sweetheart please don't be so hard on yourself... WE all struggle and this Pandemic is making things way worse for everybody "It is okay to not be okay" I too suffer from anxiety and depression. Going on meds is a personal choice there is no shame in it. but YOU have the power to make that choice or not. Although I prefer to treat my depression naturally I do take meds for anxiety. YOU are not a failure, worthless, and rejected. I applied 2 for a TRV and got rejected too. I just have to wait for my husbands sponsorship to come through. We are June 2019 so we are beyond frustrated, but choose to keep the faith and keep hope alive. Please take some deep breaths......take things 1 day at a time. PLEASE be kind and gentle with yourself and focus on your husband coming to visit you soon. You can do this!!!

Missingmylove

Apr 18, 2020
Thanks for your kind words. You guys on this forum keeps me motivated. Wish I knew about this forum long before. KVO never seems to reply. I've also seen where they seems too often to send email that never came. Happen to me more than once. I feel hopeful I am not the only one waiting. Trying to pull myself together all I want to do is sleep as my only escape. Hope I'll be able to cook and pamper him the way I did before to get the ring. We will quarantine together all when virus on him forehead I won't let him go 11 months apart longest ever.

leaannbowes

Star Member
Aug 15, 2017
This won’t be popular but everyone that went through this with me has had a very horrible experience. The abuse and deceit is crazy. If I can say anything to anyone is be careful, I made a huge mistake. I just received the 4th speeding ticket that my husband got in my car and he has told me too bad it’s my name on the ticket. This guy use to be the sweetest man I knew. But he has his card, has cheated, had a pregnancy scare and has gotten an STD. And with all that I can’t get him to leave my house. Be careful people. Please

BABESANDI

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
This won’t be popular but everyone that went through this with me has had a very horrible experience. The abuse and deceit is crazy. If I can say anything to anyone is be careful, I made a huge mistake. I just received the 4th speeding ticket that my husband got in my car and he has told me too bad it’s my name on the ticket. This guy use to be the sweetest man I knew. But he has his card, has cheated, had a pregnancy scare and has gotten an STD. And with all that I can’t get him to leave my house. Be careful people. Please
Sorry your going through this, it's hard to bring someone here and it turn around to not go as planned. In the end do what's best for you.