+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***KINGSTON, JAMAICA **New Application**(as of Dec 7, 2016)***

Canadian Sensation

Star Member
Jul 30, 2020
Thank you. Mines is coming tomorrow. He's overthinking the airport process lol
Awww...my husband never left Jamaica before. Everything was new for him. But he made it though all by himself for his first time travelling. In Toronto it took him only 45 minutes to get through the entire process. I was actually late picking him up because I didn’t think he would finish so fast and I got stuck in 401 traffic. He had to borrow someone’s phone to let me know he was waiting outside in the cold...poor thing and it was 13 degrees he was lucky it wasn’t yesterday with all the snow.

Jay_jay02

Star Member
Apr 3, 2019
March 23, 2020 applicant, finally got some good news today. After waiting so long, I called immigration today was told my application has started to process and I should be able to link account online. I was able to do that and about an hour later I got SA letter and that my application will be sent to Kingston office

BullsBelle

Jun 5, 2013
ONTARIO
Visa Office......
Kingston
Praise be to God! Finally, after 20 long months (March 2019 applicants), we finally got Application Approved and Counterfoil issued late yesterday! :D It was originally approved in March 2020 just prior to the Covid shutdown, but the COPR expired (they didn't actually send us a copy and we only found out that it had been issued after it expired!) and "reopening" our file to reissue it set off a chain of newly required documents for my (non-accompanying) stepdaughter who turned 18 after the approval. Hubby's passport has been sitting in Kingston at the High Commission office since August 2020, hopefully it's on the way back to him shortly! It's been there so long, the tracking number is no longer showing as active! :rolleyes:

Now I'm trying to get my head around everything he needs to do before and once he gets here! Has anyone's Spouse obtained a Driver's License Experience letter or an International Driver's License prior to coming to Canada? From what I am reading, I think he can get this through a Tax office in JA?

That is right. With the driving record it is a easier transfer to G license (Ontario) I think each province is different.
You can get it at the TAX office in Jamaica an if already in Canada, you can request it through the Jamaican Embassy in Toronto.

Reactions: jodyj21

KW2223

Oct 8, 2020
Hello all! I am not sure i am posting in the right place but my hubby has done his medical and it says decision made and that the PR part is not in progress. Does this mean the medical part was approved? I am heading to Jamaica on Saturday for 2 weeks. We are hoping we get a call from the embassy when I am there. I am wondering how long it has been taking. Please let me know!

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
Hello all! I am not sure i am posting in the right place but my hubby has done his medical and it says decision made and that the PR part is not in progress. Does this mean the medical part was approved? I am heading to Jamaica on Saturday for 2 weeks. We are hoping we get a call from the embassy when I am there. I am wondering how long it has been taking. Please let me know!
Check Gckey for Medical Results

I'm January 2020 going down in 3 weeks myself however we won't be getting any calls anytime soon. There are applicants still waiting since October 2019 and they are going in some type of order. If you read back a few pages you'll see the months that have movement at the moment.

Hopefully we get a miracle before then but don't get your hopes up too much. My application was transferred about a month and a half ago and it just got to Jamaica today, still hasn't started processing as yet.

Last edited:

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
Have anyone had their spouse change their surname to married name after submitting the application.
You can but you just have to submit the updated documents. Sponsor it doesn't really matter but PA would have to especially if they change passport. Doesn't make sense to change passport unless it's near expiration date. Otherwise you have to pay again.

Jay_jay02

Star Member
Apr 3, 2019
You can but you just have to submit the updated documents. Sponsor it doesn't really matter but PA would have to especially if they change passport. Doesn't make sense to change passport unless it's near expiration date. Otherwise you have to pay again.
Ok, wifey which is the PA wants to add her married name. Was wondering if i could change it now to avoid doing it after she gets PR cause then she would have to change both passport and PR card.