+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***KINGSTON, JAMAICA **New Application**(as of Dec 7, 2016)***

OneilNvic

Star Member
Apr 14, 2019

inshaAllah1day

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
Your actually right and that is the same website I went on and last night it said it was open but today it now says temporarily closed
Those two locations are visa application centre not the Canadian embassy. Those locations are different from the actually embassy. Kingston and montego VAC is where you go to do biometrics and other things related to visa applications.
The Canadian Embassy is still operating, just not open to the public.

Mossar

Star Member
Jan 15, 2020
App. Filed.......
13-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-11-2019
Med's Request
11-10-2019
Med's Done....
14-10-2019
Any news anybody?

inshaAllah1day

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
I send KVO an email the other day. And they replied with this. But what I really want to know is if they are issuing passport request instead to applicants whose application they have completed. Because if not then we wont have our spouses here for months.

Good day,

Thank you for contacting the Migration Section of the Canadian High Commission in Kingston, Jamaica.

Please note that due to measures in response to COVID-19, we have reduced capacity to respond to non-urgent enquiries.

However, we acknowledge receipt of the information you have provided in your email regarding your family class application. This information has been added to your file.

Additional information for permanent resident applicants:

Please be aware that our office is not conducting interviews at this time, either in person or by telephone.

If you are waiting for an interview appointment, or if your interview was recently cancelled and you are waiting for a new date, we will contact you when an appointment is available. Due to the evolving nature of the current COVID-19 situation, at this time, we are unfortunately unable to advise you when this might be.

As we have many hundreds of applications from members of the family class active in our office, these applications are normally processed in order of application received date.

A supervisor will review your specific request as soon as possible, and you will be contacted directly:1) if anything specific is required from you at this time, 2) if there is any change in the status of your application, and/or 3) if the officer needs more information from you about your situation.

If we do not contact you, it means your application will continue to be processed routinely. If this is the case, we will reach out to you (or your authorized representative) when your application reaches the next stage in processing.

Please note that applicants for permanent residence continue to be subject to routine screening requirements, including security and medical assessments.

To learn more about special measures for persons affected by the current COVID-19 situation (for example: situations where clients are unable to undergo a medical examination or provide requested documents by the due date), please monitor the following links for ongoing updates:

Reactions: Daisyflowers

Daisyflowers

Mar 13, 2020
I send KVO an email the other day. And they replied with this. But what I really want to know is if they are issuing passport request instead to applicants whose application they have completed. Because if not then we wont have our spouses here for months.

Good day,

Thank you for contacting the Migration Section of the Canadian High Commission in Kingston, Jamaica.

Please note that due to measures in response to COVID-19, we have reduced capacity to respond to non-urgent enquiries.

However, we acknowledge receipt of the information you have provided in your email regarding your family class application. This information has been added to your file.

Additional information for permanent resident applicants:

Please be aware that our office is not conducting interviews at this time, either in person or by telephone.

If you are waiting for an interview appointment, or if your interview was recently cancelled and you are waiting for a new date, we will contact you when an appointment is available. Due to the evolving nature of the current COVID-19 situation, at this time, we are unfortunately unable to advise you when this might be.

As we have many hundreds of applications from members of the family class active in our office, these applications are normally processed in order of application received date.

A supervisor will review your specific request as soon as possible, and you will be contacted directly:1) if anything specific is required from you at this time, 2) if there is any change in the status of your application, and/or 3) if the officer needs more information from you about your situation.

If we do not contact you, it means your application will continue to be processed routinely. If this is the case, we will reach out to you (or your authorized representative) when your application reaches the next stage in processing.

Please note that applicants for permanent residence continue to be subject to routine screening requirements, including security and medical assessments.

To learn more about special measures for persons affected by the current COVID-19 situation (for example: situations where clients are unable to undergo a medical examination or provide requested documents by the due date), please monitor the following links for ongoing updates:
On the bright side , it seems they are still working . Hopefully they still do passport requests for the applications that are completed.

*godsblessings*

Apr 4, 2020
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
App. Filed.......
09-04-2020
AOR Received.
27-11-2020
File Transfer...
11-12-2020
Med's Request
11-12-2020
Med's Done....
14-12-2020
Passport Req..
13-04-2021

Daisyflowers

Mar 13, 2020
Ok so the only change I’ve seen so far is “make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to...“ Before it just said “you may not hear from us for a little while etc.....”

BABESANDI

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
They send the same email response to me that i saw someone poated in the thread a few days ago.so stressful and frustrated, hubby cant come and I cant fly to visit. Give me patience God.

Reactions: inshaAllah1day