+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***KINGSTON, JAMAICA **New Application**(as of Dec 7, 2016)***

Rooster123

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Did you checked with the representative? Was s/he the one won't sent the receipt. We did ours on our own so as soon as cic email us we respond immediately. Sometimes the representative/lawyers have alot of persons representing so they take forever to get back to some persons and sometimes overlooked things. When I went to the interview I saw some persons that used lawyers and it took them more than a year, because of the lawyer not responding immediately things always get delayed. I would advise anyone once they don't have any complication and their case it legitimate they should do it on their own just used the checklist carefully. Not saying your rep delaying you though as every case is different but you should check with them to see what's up.
Ok can I create an account and link my application to it so then I'll receive my email instead of my lawyer

Nikki Roberts

Star Member
Jul 16, 2019
Ok can I create an account and link my application to it so then I'll receive my email instead of my lawyer
I am sorry I am not sure if that can happen. But I have heard of persons who stopped their rep form receiving further updates. I dont know how they did it or if it delayed their process. Can you view your case online where you can see updates? If yes what's the last update you see?

Rooster123

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
I am sorry I am not sure if that can happen. But I have heard of persons who stopped their rep form receiving further updates. I dont know how they did it or if it delayed their process. Can you view your case online where you can see updates? If yes what's the last update you see?
It says in process

Nikki Roberts

Star Member
Jul 16, 2019
It says in process
When you click on "in process" it will direct you to a next page where you should see some updates. Updates of what they have requested and received and if your file is transferred to KVO already you can see it there if you didn't get the email which you should get an email if it's transferred.

Rooster123

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
When you click on "in process" it will direct you to a next page where you should see some updates. Updates of what they have requested and received and if your file is transferred to KVO already you can see it there if you didn't get the email which you should get an email if it's transferred.
I have gotten no email nor update from my lawyer as she said she hasn't received any and the online web tool when I click the in process it jus show me outline of the process not wat there have nor received

Nikki Roberts

Star Member
Jul 16, 2019
I have gotten no email nor update from my lawyer as she said she hasn't received any and the online web tool when I click the in process it jus show me outline of the process not wat there have nor received
On the table under permanent residence application status where you see in process it should take you to a page with heading "client application status". And there you should see a listing. The first should be when they received your application. Something like "1. We received your application for permanent residence on [the date they received your application]. 2. Whatever other instruction the gave or thing the received.

Nikki Roberts

Star Member
Jul 16, 2019
It jus show the date they received my application
If that is all you see then maybe your lawyer have not received any other updates. So CIC is moving slow. As I said every case is different. But the first part of the processing normally move fast and when it gets to KVO then that's where the long waiting start. Hope you here something soon though. And I am assuming you haven't done medical yet either

Sarahannclarke5

Sep 19, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
Our application was sent to kvo march 20th, we didnt hear until Sept for an october interview. It takes time, patience. When i was going thru the process, i was told 3 to 14 weeks was average, which was not the case for many of us at that time.
They wont really tell you anything if you email.

Last edited:

Rooster123

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
No
If that is all you see then maybe your lawyer have not received any other updates. So CIC is moving slow. As I said every case is different. But the first part of the processing normally move fast and when it gets to KVO then that's where the long waiting start. Hope you here something soon though. And I am assuming you haven't done medical yet either
No no medical as yet. I'm wondering if its because of I'm alway traveling back and forth from the state as i work on the H2B program every year why my application is taking so long and why??

Nikki Roberts

Star Member
Jul 16, 2019
No

No no medical as yet. I'm wondering if its because of I'm alway traveling back and forth from the state as i work on the H2B program every year why my application is taking so long and why??
Oh ok I dont know...So u use to travel to USA and now you're being sponsor to come to Canada? I dont that should be a problem or they just checking to make sure all was well when you were in the US.

Rooster123

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Oh ok I dont know...So u use to travel to USA and now you're being sponsor to come to Canada? I dont that should be a problem or they just checking to make sure all was well when you were in the US.
I'm still travel to and from the usa for work as I'm presently in the usa now working since November when I was sending in my application I was ask to send in a FBI report as well as a police report from jamaica also which was send with application

Nikki Roberts

Star Member
Jul 16, 2019
I'm still travel to and from the usa for work as I'm presently in the usa now working since November when I was sending in my application I was ask to send in a FBI report as well as a police report from jamaica also which was send with application
Oh ok...maybe that's why your case is taking sometime. Give it more time. It will work out soon.