+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***KINGSTON, JAMAICA **New Application**(as of Dec 7, 2016)***

RudyMiller

Jan 20, 2020
Yes, my hubby physically went there since they were not communicating with him. Upon reaching the VO, he gave them his receipt then they told him that he should return to the office in a few hours to pick up his passport and that it was on its way via courier. A few hours after the pick up, the Canadian High Commission emailed him to inform him that his passport was ready for pick up at the VO...

He later found out that his documents were completed from January 13th, he was informed on January 22nd.

Nikki Roberts

Star Member
Jul 16, 2019
Yes, my hubby physically went there since they were not communicating with him. Upon reaching the VO, he gave them his receipt then they told him that he should return to the office in a few hours to pick up his passport and that it was on its way via courier. A few hours after the pick up, the Canadian High Commission emailed him to inform him that his passport was ready for pick up at the VO...

He later found out that his documents were completed from January 13th, he was informed on January 22nd.
That's how it works. My visa stated that it was issued on November 14 but I didn't do the interview until November 28. So it takes some time for them to get back to you after the final step.

Last edited:

Nikki Roberts

Star Member
Jul 16, 2019
Hi guys. I know how the long waiting feels when you're not hearing anything and you have been waiting for months. I am a May 2019 applicant and picked up my visa in November 2019 which was delayed for 1 month. If there is any questions you have feel free to asked I am more than willing to help, whether you are in the process or haven't started as yet.

TamaraTZ

Jan 22, 2020
Hi do you know how long it will take to receive my biometric request letter after I’ve paid my permanent residence landing fee?

Rooster123

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Hi guys. I know how the long waiting feels when you're not hearing anything and you have been waiting for months. I am a May 2019 applicant and picked up my visa in November 2019 which was delayed for 1 month. If there is any questions you have feel free to asked I am more than willing to help, whether you are in the process or haven't started as yet.
I'm a june 26, 2019 applicant my document was received on August 26 and was ask to pay biometric Sept 10 since I pay the fee I've heard nothin from them and when I check online it ju

Nikki Roberts

Star Member
Jul 16, 2019
I'm a june 26, 2019 applicant my document was received on August 26 and was ask to pay biometric Sept 10 since I pay the fee I've heard nothin from them and when I check online it ju
And when you checked online what happen? Ok that's the same thing that happen to me. I was given instruction to do my medical the 5th of July as well as biometric receipt request. My husband sent the receipt to where they asked us to send it immediately. Then after in this forum I was told that the principal applicant have to send it unless they have a representative then the rep can send it. Then I didn't heard anything from them until october 8 but this time it was KVO requesting the same receipt. So apperently my file was transferred to KVO before I the principal applicant resend the receipt. So I think you should hear something soon. Did you the principal applicant send the receipt? Is your file already transfer to KVO already?

Rooster123

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
And when you checked online what happen? Ok that's the same thing that happen to me. I was given instruction to do my medical the 5th of July as well as biometric receipt request. My husband sent the receipt to where they asked us to send it immediately. Then after in this forum I was told that the principal applicant have to send it unless they have a representative then the rep can send it. Then I didn't heard anything from them until october 8 but this time it was KVO requesting the same receipt. So apperently my file was transferred to KVO before I the principal applicant resend the receipt. So I think you should hear something soon. Did you the principal applicant send the receipt? Is your file already transfer to KVO already?
I have an representatives and I heard nothin mo

Nikki Roberts

Star Member
Jul 16, 2019
I have an representatives and I heard nothin mo
Did you checked with the representative? Was s/he the one won't sent the receipt. We did ours on our own so as soon as cic email us we respond immediately. Sometimes the representative/lawyers have alot of persons representing so they take forever to get back to some persons and sometimes overlooked things. When I went to the interview I saw some persons that used lawyers and it took them more than a year, because of the lawyer not responding immediately things always get delayed. I would advise anyone once they don't have any complication and their case it legitimate they should do it on their own just used the checklist carefully. Not saying your rep delaying you though as every case is different but you should check with them to see what's up.

Reactions: DiiDii