+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***KINGSTON, JAMAICA **New Application**(as of Dec 7, 2016)***

rach_yyz

Star Member
Feb 22, 2019
Anyone here used a immigration lawyer and did it make a difference ?
One of my friends is an immigration lawyer and I did not have her do it because honestly the checklist is pretty straightforward and you can do it yourself. I just went over it with her as a 2nd pair of eyes to make sure I didnt miss anything like a signature, etc. If you follow the checklist, make sure you use the most updated forms and signatures are all there you can save yourself some money and do it yourself!

Reactions: Smyers

BullsBelle

Jun 5, 2013
ONTARIO
Visa Office......
Kingston
Ok.. one of my friend use a lawyer and got pr in 6 months.
A lawyer or Rep. does not influence the processing time... It depends on the person actually handling your file.

I read last week a couple who used a lawyer had no updates for 9 months... come to find out after they called CIC that the lawyer got an email and did not forward it to them... Some have too many applications and that means yours will not be a priority. If your case is not complicated you should be able to handle it on your own with the checklist.

Brit22

Sep 18, 2018
Hey Guys,

I’ve been watching this forum for a while. I used it to guide me through my application.

Application requested: August 21,2019
Medical request: August 20,2019
Medical done: August 21, 2019
Application Sent: August 23, 2019
Medical received: Sep 2, 2019
Pre-Arrival Services letter: Sep 12,2019
Another Pre-Arrival services Info: Sep 20, 2019
Received message for interview: Sep 26, 2019
Interview date: October 3,2019
Received Co-Pr along with One entry: Oct 3,2019
Landed in Canada as a Pr: Oct 9,2019

I am a dependent, I didn’t do biometrics.
It has been quite a journey but hold the faith and don’t ever give up. Good things comes to those who wait. Much love and respect guys.

rach_yyz

Star Member
Feb 22, 2019
So nervous!!! My hubby is almost at the embassy. His interview is in 20 mins. (Well 35 but he has to be 15 early).
I have to start work at the same time but will keep my phone on.
YAY!!!! Im both nervous and excited for you!! Will be checking for your update...if possible if you could share what interview questions they asked him that would be so great!

Reactions: Sarahannclarke5