Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Visa Office......
In Canada
App. Filed.......
06-05-2017
AOR Received.
05-05-2017
Hi everyone, I just found this group, didn’t know there was one for visa offices.

Have you ever seen an application where criminality check was passed and then reopened to have "in process"?

I applied for BC PNP Express Entry on May 5, 2017.
I got my CBSA notes in June and it says our (my common-law spouse and I) criminality checks were passed on August 3, 2017, and then on October 23, 2018 it was reopened to "in progress" and security still not started. And my file was transferred to the Kingston VO

Usually when I call or email I get the generic "we are working on it and will reach out to you if we need anything else" but the last time I called they said my file is now in Jamaica so they can’t see it- so I emailed the kingston VO. I also had the MP called and they told him that Background check takes as long as it takes because it's done through a third party service. However, I recently got this reply from the Kington visa office-
‘This Provincial Nominee application was received at our office on December 05, 2018 and is presently with the processing officer for further review. Following the review, you will be advised directly of the decision or any next steps.

Please note that granting a specific time frame for finalization of the application cannot be given.’

Does this mean that they won’t be doing a security check or it’s somewhat completed but redacted from the report? Any suggestions?

Do you have any suggestions on why it could be taking more than 2 years?

Thanks for your time.

Karenc1237

Jul 25, 2019
Here is the spreadsheet... I entered what I could, so please let me know if you run into any trouble editing or imputing your data.

There is also a 2nd Sheet "Current Stat's from 4.27.2017" which I hope is helpful, and gives us some updated stats on timelines.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pQjp_ExOeO1HQGQMwnbKkZ-QMwSzW7r9uuoTjhfpOtg/edit?usp=sharing
How can I access the spreadsheet? Just want to be able to look at times and add in mine. Hoping it’s not going to take much longer for us!

Allimacreywd

May 1, 2019
That’s great!! We are Jan applicants too they called my husband today to re-take his pictures says they are too “zoomed in” I hope this doesn’t delay the process more. What is your timeline?

Therisaw

Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Visa Office......
In Canada
App. Filed.......
06-05-2017
AOR Received.
05-05-2017
Hi everyone, I just found this group, didn’t know there was one for visa offices.

Have you ever seen an application where criminality check was passed and then reopened to have "in process"?

I applied for BC PNP Express Entry on May 5, 2017.
I got my CBSA notes in June and it says our (my common-law spouse and I) criminality checks were passed on August 3, 2017, and then on October 23, 2018 it was reopened to "in progress" and security still not started. And my file was transferred to the Kingston VO

Usually when I call or email I get the generic "we are working on it and will reach out to you if we need anything else" but the last time I called they said my file is now in Jamaica so they can’t see it- so I emailed the kingston VO. I also had the MP called and they told him that Background check takes as long as it takes because it's done through a third party service. However, I recently got this reply from the Kington visa office-
‘This Provincial Nominee application was received at our office on December 05, 2018 and is presently with the processing officer for further review. Following the review, you will be advised directly of the decision or any next steps.

Please note that granting a specific time frame for finalization of the application cannot be given.’

Does this mean that they won’t be doing a security check or it’s somewhat completed but redacted from the report? Any suggestions?

Do you have any suggestions on why it could be taking more than 2 years?

Thanks for your time.
Anyone ever heard anything close to this situation?

Hopeful_23

Jul 26, 2019
Thinking about traveling to Canada to visit friends and family. My understanding is is that once everything is submitted you receive a generic email confirming. How long do they take (jamaican time) to complete their process? Do you get an email indicating if visa is approved? And is this an easier visa to get as against USA visa? Thanx.

Reactions: Lala123!!

Lala123!!

Jul 15, 2019
Thinking about traveling to Canada to visit friends and family. My understanding is is that once everything is submitted you receive a generic email confirming. How long do they take (jamaican time) to complete their process? Do you get an email indicating if visa is approved? And is this an easier visa to get as against USA visa? Thanx.
Not sure the processing times, but Canadian visa much harder than USA, but it depends on the program as well. I Know ppl who have 10 year visa for USA denied twice for Canada.

Reactions: M3LSSV

M3LSSV

Mar 4, 2019
Ontario
Is it well I'm applying for visitors visa. Would they email to let u know u got it and does one do an interview?
No interview for visitor visa I don’t think. But based on my experience you have to show strong ties to JA like property ownership, family, job, etc. plus a believable purpose for your trip and even then it’s still difficult. The process seems bias against certain countries for sure imo. When we did it it took about two weeks to process. Don’t let it discourage you though it doesn’t hurt to try