Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KVO
App. Filed.......
07-10-2019
Hi Guys,
So... I seem to be struggling with something on the checklist. The asked for at least two things from the list to prove address but how do I do this if my husband does not live here in Canada. I went and asked about adding him to the mortgage and they told me he needs to be living in Canada for at least 2yrs and my work told me when I asked about the benefits that he has to be here for at least a year. May I please get some guidance and how to respond to them?
Thanks,

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
Hi Guys,
So... I seem to be struggling with something on the checklist. The asked for at least two things from the list to prove address but how do I do this if my husband does not live here in Canada. I went and asked about adding him to the mortgage and they told me he needs to be living in Canada for at least 2yrs and my work told me when I asked about the benefits that he has to be here for at least a year. May I please get some guidance and how to respond to them?
Thanks,
I'm not sure what specific checklist item you are referring to but off the top of my head this would only apply to you if you are trying to prove that while you do not live together now you have in the past. If you specify the specific section of the checklist you may get a more helpful answer.

PWILLY

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KVO
App. Filed.......
07-10-2019
I'm not sure what specific checklist item you are referring to but off the top of my head this would only apply to you if you are trying to prove that while you do not live together now you have in the past. If you specify the specific section of the checklist you may get a more helpful answer.

hi ButterflyChemist this is the form I am talking about. I was trying to copy the specific section but it will not allow me to, it #7 on the list. My husband and I have never lived together.
https://its-site.ams3.digitaloceanspaces.com/Document-Checklist-Spouse-Including-Dependent-Children-of-Spouse.pdf

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014

PWILLY

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KVO
App. Filed.......
07-10-2019
OK
First I noticed that this a 2016 form. I'm pretty sure its not the most recent version. There's an April 2019 version that you should be using.

Yes the one i have at home is most recent I just cant seem to open it here at work, but the questions are the same.

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
Yes the one i have at home is most recent I just cant seem to open it here at work, but the questions are the same.
Since you've never lived together you obviously wouldn't have had joint leases and utilities. That's not a problem. The instructions are to provide one document from any 3 of the 6 categories listed so you still have 4 categories to work with to provide documentary support of your relationship

PWILLY

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KVO
App. Filed.......
07-10-2019
Since you've never lived together you obviously wouldn't have had joint leases and utilities. That's not a problem. The instructions are to provide one document from any 3 of the 6 categories listed so you still have 4 categories to work with to provide documentary support of your relationship

Thank you :)

Stuntxd9

May 4, 2015
Visa Office......
KNGVO
App. Filed.......
April 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
Hey guys!
Can anyone confirm if this email is generic? I submitted biometrics fee receipt for my minor child via web form and this is the email i got. Its kinda confusing to me that they mentioned completing the Use of Representative form when im the sponsor.

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We can confirm the reception of the documents.

If further information is needed, a request may be sent by the responsible office.

However, there is no information stating that you are a representative on this file. If you wish to obtain further information, the applicant must provide written consent to IRCC by completing the Use of a Representative form and submitting it via the IRCC Web form available on our website. You may also contact the appropriate governing body to verify that you are a member in good standing".

dance2noize009

Star Member
Sep 27, 2018
Yeah
Hey guys!
Can anyone confirm if this email is generic? I submitted biometrics fee receipt for my minor child via web form and this is the email i got. Its kinda confusing to me that they mentioned completing the Use of Representative form when im the sponsor.

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We can confirm the reception of the documents.

If further information is needed, a request may be sent by the responsible office.

However, there is no information stating that you are a representative on this file. If you wish to obtain further information, the applicant must provide written consent to IRCC by completing the Use of a Representative form and submitting it via the IRCC Web form available on our website. You may also contact the appropriate governing body to verify that you are a member in good standing".
Yeah it's kind of generic. I received basically the same thing. I just like to send them what they want. I would just send them the form to be honest it's simple enough.

Stuntxd9

May 4, 2015
Visa Office......
KNGVO
App. Filed.......
April 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
Yeah

Yeah it's kind of generic. I received basically the same thing. I just like to send them what they want. I would just send them the form to be honest it's simple enough.
Thank you!