+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kids during citizenship test

Vats

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2012
Hi All
anyone has idea that can we bring our kids during citizenship test? I have 4 year and no arrangement of her during my and my wife's test (we both got same time for test) at Ottawa.
If we can bring kids there my elder 8 year can take care at waiting room of both during test duration ( I believe 30 mins).
How long the whole process take?

please advise

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi All
anyone has idea that can we bring our kids during citizenship test? I have 4 year and no arrangement of her during my and my wife's test (we both got same time for test) at Ottawa.
If we can bring kids there my elder 8 year can take care at waiting room of both during test duration ( I believe 30 mins).
How long the whole process take?

please advise
Hi

They are not going to allow you to leave a 4 year old and 8 year old unsupervised. You need to make care arrangements or one of you reschedule your test.

homecanada

Star Member
Jun 1, 2013
Try a baby sitter or seek help from Friends/Family...Are they not going to school already or your test is one of the day when there is a holiday or is it outside of school hours..

Vats

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2012
Hi Everyone

Just updating for reference.

I kept my kids with baby sitter, however during test (at Ottawa) I saw 3 couple with their kids waiting with us (I don't know how they manage the test time but for sure kids are allowed to sit in waiting area). kids can sit in waiting with parents no one stop them. the test process is hardly 20-30 mins what time kids are alone. than for interview same waiting area and parents are going one by one for interview so kids are not alone.

this is for your information.

Reactions: Ninjashadow

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Hi Everyone

Just updating for reference.

I kept my kids with baby sitter, however during test (at Ottawa) I saw 3 couple with their kids waiting with us (I don't know how they manage the test time but for sure kids are allowed to sit in waiting area). kids can sit in waiting with parents no one stop them. the test process is hardly 20-30 mins what time kids are alone. than for interview same waiting area and parents are going one by one for interview so kids are not alone.

this is for your information.
Hi.

I am from Ottawa too and waiting for my test. I have a quick question to ask you.

1. How did you manage to find a baby sitter (can you please PM me his/her contact)
2. I and my wife both applied for citizenship. From your post, I inferred that couple with kids wrote test and had interview individually but not at once right?