+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kidney transplant

Timmon

Feb 28, 2019
Ok thank you so much , so in the nutshell I dont have so much opportunities in life , thank you so much guys , you guided me well..really appreciate that

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Ok thank you so much , so in the nutshell I dont have so much opportunities in life , thank you so much guys , you guided me well..really appreciate that
You have many opportunities. There are many opportunities in India to start with.

If you wish to come to Canada to study, my recommendation would be that you complete additional education in India and achieve strong marks. That will put you in a better position to apply for a study permit to Canada.

Timmon

Feb 28, 2019
In India i am not getting any good opportunities , where ever I go .. honestly ...I worked in IBM INDIA till march 2015..but i want to come abroad due to hygiene environment and food thats the main reason

Anshal

Dec 12, 2018
Canada
AOR Received.
Sept 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2019
LANDED..........
May 2019
Hi, In case you have undergone transplant then the two most important things to look at are your Renal Function and also What is the cost of medication you are taking. In case your Serum Creation levels are stable at a particular level (obviously within range) the the prognosis is good as perceived by the ircc. You can check the prices of medicines on internet I have a list but somehow not able to insert the link, Also in case you are on Tacrolimus then I guess the patent will be expiring in 2018 or has already expired so the cost of generic med is not much in canada.

To put you into perspective I have undergone renal transplant twice, first time in 2006 and second time in 2015, I applied for pr post my second transplant hoping that certainly my case would be rejected on rounds of medical inadmissibility, however there was no rejection and I got it successfully few months back. The annual cost of my medicines in Canada was around $5000/year and the threshold of annual expense for rejecting my application on grounds of excessive demand was I guess around $6655/year. But this limit has been revised to $19,965/year now refer to this news https://www.cicnews.com/2018/04/canada-revises-controversial-medical-inadmissibility-rules-for-immigrants-0410513.html#gs.z3WGiaw

However we have to understand that each case is different and it depends on various other factors like Age, qualification, work exp , funds etc. But what I want to say is that do not hold yourself back because of the transplant. You and me we know that life post transplant is as normal and anyone else's or even better since we believe in more health and hygiene than other ;-) So Declare every bit of your relevant medical history to them, be truthful and if they find value in you then u will get it.
Thankyou so much for sharing your experience. Can you please confirm from where did you apply? Can you please refer someone who can handle such case and has good expience. Thankyou so much.

Reactions: Asif052

Timmon

Feb 28, 2019
Hii thank u so much for encouragement.. really appreciate that , actually one of my relative is living in brampton, he told me that if something will happen in canada then the medical expenses are very high approx $10000-15000 per day at that moment , i got scared that how i will pay if something will happen, moreover he said no medical insurance will cover your pre-exisiting condition... then i changed my mind .. My ielts will expire january 2020.. Can you suggest me any consultant who handle such cases..and I am taking tacrolimus.. prescription is-
Tacrolimus 2.5mg (2 times a day at 8 am and 8 pm)
Mycepts180 ( 2 times a day 10am and 10pm)
Wysolene- 7.5 once a day
Telma Am - once a day
And sometimes I take rantac ..
Sometimes my cretinine reach to 1.7 then by gods grace comes down to 1.4 or 1.5 or 1.3 ...but with gods grace never exceed 1.7... ,so please suggest me something good so that i will take some action...or apply for study visa...

Reactions: Asif052

Asif052

Apr 27, 2019
Hi, In case you have undergone transplant then the two most important things to look at are your Renal Function and also What is the cost of medication you are taking. In case your Serum Creation levels are stable at a particular level (obviously within range) the the prognosis is good as perceived by the ircc. You can check the prices of medicines on internet I have a list but somehow not able to insert the link, Also in case you are on Tacrolimus then I guess the patent will be expiring in 2018 or has already expired so the cost of generic med is not much in canada.

To put you into perspective I have undergone renal transplant twice, first time in 2006 and second time in 2015, I applied for pr post my second transplant hoping that certainly my case would be rejected on rounds of medical inadmissibility, however there was no rejection and I got it successfully few months back. The annual cost of my medicines in Canada was around $5000/year and the threshold of annual expense for rejecting my application on grounds of excessive demand was I guess around $6655/year. But this limit has been revised to $19,965/year now refer to this news https://www.cicnews.com/2018/04/canada-revises-controversial-medical-inadmissibility-rules-for-immigrants-0410513.html#gs.z3WGiaw

However we have to understand that each case is different and it depends on various other factors like Age, qualification, work exp , funds etc. But what I want to say is that do not hold yourself back because of the transplant. You and me we know that life post transplant is as normal and anyone else's or even better since we believe in more health and hygiene than other ;-) So Declare every bit of your relevant medical history to them, be truthful and if they find value in you then u will get it.
Hi,

Being a transplant recipient, do I need to declare it in advance during medical or I can keep it undeclared and let the medical team finds it out...

Last edited:

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hi,

Being a transplant recipient, do I need to declare it in advance during medical or I can keep it undeclared and let the medical team finds it out...
The question should be why would you not want to be up front about your medical condition when applying ? Nothing less is misrepresentation. The CIC takes a dim view on those applying to come to the country, and they purposely with hold information intended for them to make an informed decision..

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You have a large scar. If you say you have nothing wrong and you take no medication it will be pretty obvious that you are lying when they see you scar. You will be caught lying. Tell the truth.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hii thank u so much for encouragement.. really appreciate that , actually one of my relative is living in brampton, he told me that if something will happen in canada then the medical expenses are very high approx $10000-15000 per day at that moment , i got scared that how i will pay if something will happen, moreover he said no medical insurance will cover your pre-exisiting condition... then i changed my mind .. My ielts will expire january 2020.. Can you suggest me any consultant who handle such cases..and I am taking tacrolimus.. prescription is-
Wysolene- 7.5 once a day
Telma Am - once a day
Sometimes my cretinine reach to 1.7 then by gods grace comes down to 1.4 or 1.5 or 1.3 ...but with gods grace never exceed 1.7... ,so please suggest me something good so that i will take some action...or apply for study visa...
Yes if you arrive in Canada and have temporary medical insurance your kidney issues will likely be excluded from the policy.

vpsw

Apr 23, 2017
Hi All, let me answer some of the questions raised in the above post.

@Anshal I did not hire any immigration consultant , read the law and several cases of medical inadmissibility and hence filed my immigration.

@Timmon I can give you a fair idea of the price of the meds u are taking, It is best to buy the generic and the cheapest option available in Canada otherwise the costs could be exorbitant, just to put you into perspective the Mycophenolate which is sold be Roche pharma under the trade name of Cellcept is 10 times more expensive then its generic form which is sold by Sandoz. As far as your drugs are concerned they will cost you around $60 CAD per month with insurance and $300 CAD without insurance. most of the employers insurances cover maximum 80% of the cost. the claim process is pretty straightforward, you just have to give your prescription to the pharmacy and show insurance card and they take only 20% from you and rest they claim.

@Asif052 Do not ever think of not declaring any facts. when i went for the medical the Dr was not bothered to ask anything because he was assuming that everything is fine however I was the one who gave him all the history. He asked me to take a letter from nephrologist. The leter given by nephro was sent to the CIC along with other medical tests and after few days CIC asked me to send them list of meds that I am taking(maybe they wanted to see the total cost) . After coming to Canada I asked my family doctor to again refer me to a Nephrologist. The nephrologist asked me to get around 40 tests done for the first time (FYI Dr visit and Lab testing is all free). The nephrologist told me he wants to get my baseline of all tests.

I feel that they look at each case very carefully and do not reject any case owing to medical reasons.

Reactions: JSTOOR

visatest

May 24, 2016
London Ontario Canada
could u plz elaborate this
"They would also consider the place in line you'd takefrom a Canadian for treatment"
i just cnt get yr point here..
The Canadian health system is one which is paid for by Canadian citizens like me. I have paid for 50 years. Now is it somewhat more clear why we consider an immigrant as a person that can use the Health system; but ONLY after Canadians have been served. You want it different? Pay Canadian taxes for 50 years.

Reactions: Copingwithlife

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
The Canadian health system is one which is paid for by Canadian citizens like me. I have paid for 50 years. Now is it somewhat more clear why we consider an immigrant as a person that can use the Health system; but ONLY after Canadians have been served. You want it different? Pay Canadian taxes for 50 years.
Because people outside of the country, hear time and time again that it is Free. You and I know it, and everyone else in this country knows that is not true. Some province has premiums, some have a tax on their income tax, but in the end, we all have to pay for it thru our taxes, and we expect not to be bumped from the system by someone who is not entitled or authorized to use the system.

Reactions: visatest

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Wysolene- 7.5 once a day
Telma Am - once a day
Your issue is partly because you want to study and there is a lower threshold for medical admissibility for students. You also could be under an international medical plan that wouldn’t cover all of your expenses. 10-15k is usually a day in an ICU bed. Canada is reluctant to take in people with kidney disease because of the high cost of dialysis, transplant, etc.

Reactions: visatest

Asif052

Apr 27, 2019
Hi All, let me answer some of the questions raised in the above post.

@Anshal I did not hire any immigration consultant , read the law and several cases of medical inadmissibility and hence filed my immigration.

@Timmon I can give you a fair idea of the price of the meds u are taking, It is best to buy the generic and the cheapest option available in Canada otherwise the costs could be exorbitant, just to put you into perspective the Mycophenolate which is sold be Roche pharma under the trade name of Cellcept is 10 times more expensive then its generic form which is sold by Sandoz. As far as your drugs are concerned they will cost you around $60 CAD per month with insurance and $300 CAD without insurance. most of the employers insurances cover maximum 80% of the cost. the claim process is pretty straightforward, you just have to give your prescription to the pharmacy and show insurance card and they take only 20% from you and rest they claim.

@Asif052 Do not ever think of not declaring any facts. when i went for the medical the Dr was not bothered to ask anything because he was assuming that everything is fine however I was the one who gave him all the history. He asked me to take a letter from nephrologist. The letter given by nephro was sent to the CIC along with other medical tests and after few days CIC asked me to send them list of meds that I am taking(maybe they wanted to see the total cost) . After coming to Canada I asked my family doctor to again refer me to a Nephrologist. The nephrologist asked me to get around 40 tests done for the first time (FYI Dr visit and Lab testing is all free). The nephrologist told me he wants to get my baseline of all tests.

I feel that they look at each case very carefully and do not reject any case owing to medical reasons.
@vpsw: Thanks a lot for your guidelines.
What did your nephrologist mentioned in his/her letter? Can you share the format so that I can ask my nephrologist for the same...