+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

KevinsJane any update on your application?

canbrit

Star Member
Jan 25, 2009
Hi KevinsJane,

I believe we were at similar stages with our sponsorship being approved and then the application being transferred to NYC for expediting. Have you any updates since then?

Mine was transferred to NYC on July 21st but no update since then. No word about medicals, either.

thanks,
Canbrit

KevinsJane

Star Member
Apr 21, 2009
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sigh...not yet Canbrit. But you did give me reason to check again in my 3 day lapse... :)

I'm/We're still stuck on:

"We started processing your application on June 29, 2009.

Medical results have been received.

We transferred your application to the New York office on July 14, 2009. The New York office may contact you."

Any day...any day!!! If anything should change this will be the 2nd place I notify! :) DH is first of course! Save this to your favorites for any other updates!!!! And please, since we are days of another...do update as well!

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/has-anyone-mailed-their-sponsorship-file-to-cpcm-in-may-t20555.0.html

Here is to a SPEEDY process for all...Canadian Love Bound!!!!

newbie2281

Jan 31, 2009
NYC does not update ecas until they stamp the visa on the passport so it is of no use to check ecas after your file is transferred to NYC. I have read this on other forums and from my personal experience, my status is the same as what was in April.

canbrit

Star Member
Jan 25, 2009
So far still no update. Not good to hear it doesn't sounds like NYC updates ecas much. Does anyone have experience with NYC where ECAS was updated?

newbie2281

Jan 31, 2009
Hi canbrit,
From what I have read in forums and trackitt.com, it seems that NYC only update ecas when your passport is stamped. Also if you dont see medical reports received, there is a chance that NYC consulate will wait for the medical reports till they can process the application. Again this is what I have read in forums and trackitt.com. I see that in your case, you mentioned you do not see medical received in ecas. This is something that Buffalo updates.

KevinsJane

Star Member
Apr 21, 2009
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canbrit,

I read somewhere where the 'applicant' was unaware of clicking on the link, "In Process" on Ecas. Not that this is your case, nor am I trying to insult your intelligence. However, if yah haven't already, In Ecas click the wording " in process" , it takes you to another screen which will reflect updated information; such as medicals received. Hopefully, this will be your situation and Medicals Received, shall appear! ABRACADABRA (reading right to left)! :)

Also, ck your inbox as I sent you some reading to pass time!

Be strong, I feel your anxiousness!

This too will pass!

"Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze us, they're supposed to help us discover who we are".

canbrit

Star Member
Jan 25, 2009
Yes, I have looked at In Process.

It says:
We started processing X's application on July 13, 2009.

We transferred X's application to the New York office on July 21, 2009. The New York office may contact X.

Medicals were not mentioned, however.

canbrit

Star Member
Jan 25, 2009
I finally have the notice that medicals were received.

"We started processing application on July 13, 2009.

We transferred your application to the New York office on July 21, 2009. The New York office may contact you.

Medical results have been received."

KevinsJane

Star Member
Apr 21, 2009
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CONGRATULATIONS CANBRIT!!!!! A Toast in honor of "WE DID IT", I literally have tears of joy!

As promised, the board IS the 2nd place I have informed. Lots of calls to make and plans to get under way!

An email arrived a few moments ago requesting PR:

Dear xxxxxxxxxx,

Please note your file is ready for visa and a letter requesting your passport is attached to this message in PDF format. You may print this document double-sided.

Thank you for your interest in Canada.

Immigration Section | Section d'Immigration
Canadian Consulate General | Consulat général du Canada
1251 Avenue of the Americas New York, NY 10020-1175
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada
fax: 212-596-1791
www.newyork.gc.ca
newyork-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

I haven't checked the mail...not even concerned about the mail lady now...lol. Sad part is I'm unable to contact hubby, as he is out on the oilrig until later this evening. So I'll make it a day about me! But I'm sending anxious vibes his way!

Best Wishes and Happiness! :)

KevinsJane

Star Member
Apr 21, 2009
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TY Shamrock...I can only be hopeful that my overnight envelope, arriving tomorrow, falls on the desk of the same person who handled the return of your Passport! :) Lots to be thankful this Thanksgiving...well every day for that matter! :)

It's a Great Day Today! :0

canbrit

Star Member
Jan 25, 2009
Hi KevinsJane,

We got our letter requesting my husband's passport on Monday the 5th!!! Very excited!! Did you get yours today via email?

We are now trying to figure out the logistics of sending it to NYC and having it sent back via courier as we live in Canada and don't have a corporate account. But it looks like we are almost there. Are you also located in Canada?

Canbrit
*May 24, 2009 - Application Sent via Courier
*May 26, 2009 - Application Received in Mississauga
*June 24, 2009 - Sponsor Approved
*July 13, 2009 - Started Processing Application in Buffalo
*July 21, 2009 - file transferred to NYC
*September 28th, 2009 - Medicals Received
*October 5th, 2009 - passport request letter received (letter dated September 28th)

KevinsJane

Star Member
Apr 21, 2009
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Canbrit, I left you a detail msg here http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-to-send-passport-to-nyc-t26679.0.html...let me know if there is anything else I can answer. I tried to relay the occurrences from my brain to paper, though it made sense to me...it may not make sense to anyone else...lol

Yes, I checked my email today and was blown A-way! Though the email arrived this morning, the pdf file was dated for yesterday October 6, 2009...no big deal whatsoever, really! If I would of known, I would of been checking my email earlier. Still no letter in the mailbox...don't need it...printed off the pdf and email and immediately went to work on getting it out the door, quicker then it arrived! I still need to add the new correspondence and receipts to our files; 1 at home, 1 in the car. I'll handle that after the emotional high starts to wear off! :)

Several weeks ago, I posted quite a few of my items I'm not bringing to Canada with me, on Kijiji...so glad I did...cause now I have prospects to rid my stuff to! I just want to tie up loose ends, landing included before the snow falls. Yes, I am presently in Canada, was planning to leave towards the end of the month but...I get Thirty more days with Hubby! Big Grin! Well, at least that's what the letter says on the returning of passport...prepaid envelope or not, we're still at the mercy of the powers at hand and I'm stuck without a passport. Not complaining though as they have been VERY good to us, thus far!

Hooray Canbrit!!! Now we can exhale! :) A Toast to You!