Keep in mind there are almost no jobs!

info-gc

Star Member
Nov 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ihabkal said:
Man you had a vacation compared to me.
I believe that. There are wars, crime, deceases and political uncertainty in many countries.

I remember a person, a UK resident in his late 40's who came to my country for a 6 week training course,and since this was his first time outside the UK he was completely demoralized and home sick in a week. Just imagine he was served the best foods at the best restaurants and was taken on trips every weekend, including stays at the sea coast.

I am not relating my story to impress anyone with my hardships. It is just a story. It makes me feel a little better writing it and sharing it. Have I made mistakes? Of course. I know some of them. Do I have flaws in my professional training or character. Yes I do (who does not?) However, those flaws should not take me all the way down to the janitor. This was the point I supported in the first 10 pages of this thread.

And by the way, I like you for shooting straight from the hip.
This is just a discussion that provides some information to those taking the time to read it.

ihabkal said:
Your first mistake: you live far from your wife. that can make a man go crazy or go to a whore house and get diseases. Never leave the wife man. How could you stay away from her and the kids?
This knowledge was not available to me, and since I have not contracted deceases, I must be mad by now.. :-X

info-gc

Star Member
Nov 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ihabkal said:
This title is a joke. I spent last night watching a documentary about baby boomers and how they are retiring, leaving tons of jobs across the next 5 years both in the US and Canada.
ihabkal, I too heard about the retiring baby boomers when I was still back home. I am afraid it may be my time to retire before those proverbial baby boomers finally relinguish a job for me.

Sorry, to all of you who find it all very negative. To me this is the reality. We can bury our heads in the sand and pretend....
I am not polluting any other thread with negativism but mine, so, after all if you find it hard to read, look at the positive threads only.

Cheers. I am still working towards that "lived happily ever after" now 10 years later with what is left of us....

ihabkal

Oct 8, 2010
info-gc said:
This knowledge was not available to me, and since I have not contracted deceases, I must be mad by now.. :-X
I learned the hard way once away from the wife things start to get depressing really fast, we were not meant to live separatly, that's why it is a family. At first you take the wife for granted (or the husband if you're a woman) but one week away from your loved ones should pursuade anyone not to leave them for one day.

ufo

Jul 22, 2009
Dear info-gc
You say 30,000 or 40,000 barely enough for the cost of living in Canada I think its out of reality with this amount you live a good life in Canada ,not like senator as you want bat its really enough for a small family , we have many relatives there but no one is unenthusiastic like you ,,,,, yes they have a difficulties but extroverted not always blaming Canada and there system , compare yourself with your relatives in your native country are they better than you ??? I think NO all what you have is a some depression causes from other social relation

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
It is 3:30AM and I couldn't sleep. I had to come down and check the forum. I am not sure how much longer it will take after catching up on the installments just now, but thank you and please continue. Kathe has it right - there's a book in you!

caribgrl55

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Info-GC, please continue with your story, you have me hooked. For everyone who think this thread is so negative and dark, all you have to do is not read it! Or maybe someone can start a thread "Keep in mind there are lots of jobs!" I hope by reading your story, people will see that you are only a human being sharing your experiences, and not some big monster trying to scare everyone away from Canada.

I personally hope to learn a thing or two from your experiences.

ihabkal

Oct 8, 2010
This was on Yahoo today:

.....Happy days are always here for Canadians

.Canadians are a stubbornly happy bunch, a study on life satisfaction has revealed.

A steady drumbeat of gloomy economic news doesn't appear to be bumming out the vast majority of Canadians. And one of the authors of the study says that's because, as the old saying goes, money can't always buy happiness.

Last year, 92.1 per cent of Canadians over age 12 considered themselves satisfied or very satisfied with their lives, according to the study, which was conducted by the Canadian Centre for the Study of Living Standards, in tandem with the Institute for Competitiveness and Prosperity.

Andrew Sharpe, the centre's executive director, said the data show Canadians have remained relatively happy over time. In 2008, 91.4 per cent were satisfied or very satisfied, while five years earlier, in 2003, 91.3 per cent declared themselves happy.

"This will surprise some people, but Canadians in general are pretty happy," he said.

The life-satisfaction measure is based on data collected by Statistics Canada through its annual Canadian Community Health Survey, which polls Canadians about health issues and quality of life.

- - -

Happiest Cities

1. Sherbrooke, Que. 4.37

2. Brantford, Ont. 4.36

3. Trois-Rivières, Que. 4.35

4. Quebec 4.34

5. St. John's 4.34

6. Calgary 4.33

7. Peterborough, Ont. 4.32

8. Saguenay, Que. 4.32

9. Greater Sudbury, Ont. 4.32

10. Halifax 4.32

11. Guelph, Ont. 4.32

12. Victoria 4.32

13. Saskatoon 4.31

14. Saint John 4.30

15. Ottawa-Gatineau 4.29

Rating based on a scale of 1 to 5

wxyz123

Sep 21, 2010
ihabkal said:
This was on Yahoo today:

.....Happy days are always here for Canadians

.Canadians are a stubbornly happy bunch, a study on life satisfaction has revealed.

A steady drumbeat of gloomy economic news doesn't appear to be bumming out the vast majority of Canadians. And one of the authors of the study says that's because, as the old saying goes, money can't always buy happiness.

Last year, 92.1 per cent of Canadians over age 12 considered themselves satisfied or very satisfied with their lives, according to the study, which was conducted by the Canadian Centre for the Study of Living Standards, in tandem with the Institute for Competitiveness and Prosperity.

Andrew Sharpe, the centre's executive director, said the data show Canadians have remained relatively happy over time. In 2008, 91.4 per cent were satisfied or very satisfied, while five years earlier, in 2003, 91.3 per cent declared themselves happy.

"This will surprise some people, but Canadians in general are pretty happy," he said.

The life-satisfaction measure is based on data collected by Statistics Canada through its annual Canadian Community Health Survey, which polls Canadians about health issues and quality of life.

- - -

Happiest Cities

1. Sherbrooke, Que. 4.37

2. Brantford, Ont. 4.36

3. Trois-Rivières, Que. 4.35

4. Quebec 4.34

5. St. John's 4.34

6. Calgary 4.33

7. Peterborough, Ont. 4.32

8. Saguenay, Que. 4.32

9. Greater Sudbury, Ont. 4.32

10. Halifax 4.32

11. Guelph, Ont. 4.32

12. Victoria 4.32

13. Saskatoon 4.31

14. Saint John 4.30

15. Ottawa-Gatineau 4.29

Rating based on a scale of 1 to 5
toronto is missing???

wxyz123

Sep 21, 2010
asaif said:
Not surprised, Toronto has many immigrant with stories like info-gc
buddy please don't say that. i am planning to land in toronto...., hopefully toronto will be in the list soon

Deeaar

Oct 27, 2010
ABU DHABI , UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa
NOC Code......
(1241-B) Oct 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AUG 2007
Doc's Request.
AUG 2007
AOR Received.
OCT 2007
IELTS Request
FEB 2008 ( Total Band 8 )
File Transfer...
MARCH 2010
Med's Request
15/10/2010
Med's Done....
26/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
04/03/2011. Sent on 08/03/2011
VISA ISSUED...
30/03/2011
LANDED..........
25 July 2011
wxyz123 said:
toronto is missing???
Quite informative.....good work. We need to see both sides of the coin, to prepare ourselves better.
cheers.

SISH7255

Nov 19, 2009
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 2011
ihabkal said:
This was on Yahoo today:

Last year, 92.1 per cent of Canadians over age 12 considered themselves satisfied or very satisfied with their lives....
Rest @8 percent are immigrants?

EnvioZA

Jul 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 22
Doc's Request.
Sent with app.
AOR Received.
15th Feb. 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
Med's Request
13/5/2011
Med's Done....
17/5/2011
Passport Req..
9/8/2011
Dear info-gc,
Please continue your story and I wish you all the best.
You are a polite person.
In no way the title of your thread was bad you did not say " Don’t come to Canada" You said "please KEEP IN MIND there are no jobs". You reminded us about job situation from your experience. It can be different for another person and the best part is you never denied it. On the otherhand every time wishing good luck to the people criticizing your situation in this thread . You are not comparing your story with any others so just ignore the person/people who can't digest your opinion, you are not forcing anyone to believe you or take your view.
Anybody can take it or leave it.
As for rest of us we like to read, you have good writing style.
Not everyone’s condition is same, luck, health situation, fund, opportunity, everything are different play differently for different person.
There is no competition going on in this forum, no need to show off that I also suffered and I am the champion now.
Some may suffer and become victorious and some may go down. It can happen in Canada or even in our homeland.
Info-gc suffered and that's a fact. Its 10 years from his life, that's a fact.
Info-gc, You have every right to say what you feel. I have no words to judge your story. If I don’t like I would just avoid reading. I would rather go and read happy stories elsewhere.
Thanks for sharing your story and I want to hear a happy ending. Looking forward to that….
-zahed

edmonta

Nov 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
0711 & 9212
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-May-2010
Doc's Request.
30-sept-2010
AOR Received.
1st-30th Sept 2010,2nd-08th June 2011
IELTS Request
done-7 band
File Transfer...
dont know what is this..in process from 26 april 2012
Med's Request
19-July-2013
Med's Done....
30-July-2013,ECAS updated with Medicals received on 18-Aug-2013
Interview........
not been called for..
Passport Req..
19-July-13
VISA ISSUED...
On 4th October 2013
LANDED..........
July 2014
worth reading all the experiences of all who are mentioning here!!

Such threads should be discussed more with the expereinced guys ..atleast life is not all about rosy bed..and fairy tale stories.It's all about realities,difficulites,struggles and hard work too.Each experiences are worth for understanding and getting something useful out of it.And as rightly said by somebody we should not do mistakes to learn something but we can always learn something by the mistakes done by others..

Atleast such threads are the best tools to prepare ourselves for the better preparation of coming times.For the new immigrants such exposures can fetch good understanding and confidence to prepare ourselves morally..

Great work by all.and thanks to all.

Info-gc pl. carry on to guide us..
Regards
Edmonta