28 Aug 2009
Doc's Request.
22 Oct 2009
AOR Received.
13 Oct 2010
File Transfer...
28 Oct 2010 to LA office
very interesting.

knowing the good side and the bad side about migrating to canada.

I

isysy

I'd like to start by quoting a text: Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. (Psalm 37:4)

When I came to Canada 3 months ago, I was job hunting, and I mean literally. Going building to buildings, waiting for interviews, submitting resumes to front desks, etc... I did'nt waste time in the apartment waiting for that phone to ring, instead I use a mobile phone for prospect employers to call me and I move a lot.

One time around my 6th week here in Canada, I was in a City Centre Mall where I use to stay to wait for interviews... I met two homeless individuals, sitting right next to me in a public chair, both were Canadians at their 40-50's. They were friendly and asked me why I was there... saying that the chair was their territory (but they welcomed me anyways). I told them I was waiting for a job interview... so then we chatted.

I've asked them why they don't have jobs, one said, he suck at jobs, he doesn't like to work for anyone... he said, "God does not like me either". The other Canadian said he actually finished college, got work a couple of years, got vices, drugs, etc. and never invested, piled by debts, got broke and never recovered. Both of them said, a lot of homeless people do have jobs, but prefer to be homeless coz they don't want to invest in having an apartment/home... The other one nodded when the older one said, "We are lazy".

This is exactly a story of someone who has gone astray because he has no God or religion. The other one never invested, did not save, and lost it all. Canada and its immigration system did not and will not promise you a good career. It is you who make it happen.

When you have a long drive and suddenly you have a flat tire... would you just walk away and be mad? or would you go out and change it... that if, you have a spare tire? It is you driving, whos in control, not the unemployment figures, not the salary rates, not the job losses nor the recession. It is you.

My spare tire is to engage into another career, a totally different one. I'd like to open my own restaurant or catering service in less than 10 years here in Canada. That's my long term plan, my spare tire. Me and my wife just turned 30 and we are already thinking of retirement as well.

To IT professionals reading this post, the figure stated by the owner of this thread on page 2 is a bull... that figure is too low. Not even half of what I earn for my first Canadian job. I am saying this from a figure coming from a real paycheck, and I'm not a manager, yet...

Thanks to erikvirgo for quoting my story on page 3. Last year, As I've read that "IT Manager" thread, I promised myself, I'll get back to it and correct it. I hope I did inspire you and some other IT professionals coming in to Canada.

mga Bisdak, salamat sa pag basa, amping mo diha! :)

info-gc

Star Member
Nov 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ECLIPSE said:
very interesting.

knowing the good side and the bad side about migrating to canada.
There is in fact even more to immigration than getting a good job.

I have heard many people complain about the climate. They are right, but cold does not bother me too much. Some are unhappy with the high taxes. They are also absolutely right, but there is a way to beat taxation.

The only big problem to me, which also may play a small role in my bad luck , is adaptation. (during immigration you score points under "adaptability"). Before coming and living in Canada most of us do not really know where they are going. It then turns out that speaking the language still does not allow you to fully communicate with people. You can pass basic ideas across, but many of the abstract topics, jokes or phrases from your culture are forever lost to you. Even when you do communicate, the reactions may surprise you. All this to the effect that you will have a really hard time making real friends and feeling accepted and happy. Even a job, a house (which is these years all but impossible to get) and 2 cars, may not be able to fill the void for many of us. And of course we left family and friends behind who grow older and weaker and are missing us.

But who cares about friends? In a company environment you will learn that you have to go with orders and what is good for the company and not people (who may be your friends). So this determines the way of life here. There is nothing stable and few people care about their house or city. It is about the deal they can make on the house or that better paying job that showed up two provinces across. They will sell everything off and move. No friends, no hard feelings. This is the culture; and the house was not going to last long anyways. Houses are made out of basically cardboard; $500,000 worth of "real estate" can burn in minutes in an accidental fire - happens more often than you would care to know.

I can write a book one day...but why would I? I would rather think and write about positive things.

I believe there was a question "Would I have come to Canada if I knew my fate?"
My answer is, I would have probably picked up a different place (New Zealand?, somewhere in Europe?) where the "culture" is less foreign to me. My idea of immigration was not that of slavery, fighting a war, or looking for a new civilization on Mars while deserting family behind.

P.S. quote: "To IT professionals reading this post, the figure stated by the owner of this thread on page 2 is a bull...".
isysy, you may be right. As I said I found this in an article and we all know the media employs a bunch of liers. Good luck to you

Munnimehek

May 4, 2010
Canada
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-08-2009
Doc's Request.
26-10-2009
AOR Received.
26-10-2009, 2nd AOR : 17-02- 2010
File Transfer...
07-02-2010, In Process- :01-02-2011, after 1 yr. Update doc sent: 23-01-2012. Real IP: 13-04-2012
Med's Request
18-06-2012
Med's Done....
28-06-2012 Med's send: 01-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-09-2012
LANDED..........
29-11-2012
Very informative all can know the good & bad information from this thread .

malu08

Jul 27, 2009
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
P.S. quote: "To IT professionals reading this post, the figure stated by the owner of this thread on page 2 is a bull...".
isysy, you may be right. As I said I found this in an article and we all know the media employs a bunch of liers. Good luck to you
[/quote]

@ info-gc, If you knew these figures are wrong then why did you post them in first place. Is not this showing your -ve attitude? It also Indicates that you are hell-bent and determined to show negative picture.

EnvioZA

Jul 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 22
Doc's Request.
Sent with app.
AOR Received.
15th Feb. 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
Med's Request
13/5/2011
Med's Done....
17/5/2011
Passport Req..
9/8/2011
malu08 said:
@ info-gc, If you knew these figures are wrong then why did you post them in first place. Is not this showing your -ve attitude? It also Indicates that you are hell-bent and determined to show negative picture.
Buddy please no need to charge him as a "negetive man". He shared his opinion and we are not the one to judge him in anyway.Probably he didn't realized when he posted the information you are mentioning.
The bottom line is, We can take his opinion or leave and mind our own bussiness.
But I personally thank him for sharing his opinion.
Its gives us the oppertunity to rethink our plan and get more mental strength before we leave our country.
I have my own reason to migrate so do you. Lets stick to that.
I wish you and everybody all the best.

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I find BobbyB and Pippin are right.

Info-gc is very intelligent but also sensitive, whereas strong-hearted and with Will power people can concur Canada.

I don't think houses are made of cardboard there. I have not heard about any house burning, I know many people living in Canada. Of course houses are not made with bricks or concrete as in India. Houses are not even that costly ($ 5,00,000). One can buy full house with basement and two floors within $ 3,00,000.

As I said above, posts of BobbyB and Pippin are worth reading, if one wants success in Canada.

Above All, if we believe in God, most of our problems are solved, I also don't know how?

wxyz123

Sep 21, 2010
kathe said:
Well, could you mind answering one question? If I were you, what would you rather suggest me to tackle this stressful situation? Would highly appreciate your opnion!
interesting question.. any answer kathe??? i think info is gonna say the same to you what we have been saying to him. but i would love to hear what info says. info would you mind answering kathe's question please?? thanks

wxyz123

Sep 21, 2010
mikenz said:
What they need is qualified and experienced tradesmen and workers like the current list suggest.

Too many people focus on studying hard, but have no job to go to. I have been working the last 4 years with Indian nationals in an educational environment. Their approach to success it the more degrees you have the better the jobs. I have had a student with 2 MBA's majoring in Accountancy and one in Marketing. But he was unable to distinguish between net and gross profit. How helpful is that. He must have bought his degrees..

In the western world, I give a hoot about your qualification, show me your experience and how you can contribute to my company what profitability is concerned. Demonstrate your ability to work, don't talk about it. That is the big difference and it will lead to success.
i agree with mike, in western world you can acheive only if you are good enough for the job and can do something practical for the employer. i have seen myself practically they want you to be "to the point" and able to perform the work they are looking for. qualification don't matter much.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
isysy said:
I'd like to start by quoting a text: Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. (Psalm 37:4)

When I came to Canada 3 months ago, I was job hunting, and I mean literally. Going building to buildings, waiting for interviews, submitting resumes to front desks, etc... I did'nt waste time in the apartment waiting for that phone to ring, instead I use a mobile phone for prospect employers to call me and I move a lot.

One time around my 6th week here in Canada, I was in a City Centre Mall where I use to stay to wait for interviews... I met two homeless individuals, sitting right next to me in a public chair, both were Canadians at their 40-50's. They were friendly and asked me why I was there... saying that the chair was their territory (but they welcomed me anyways). I told them I was waiting for a job interview... so then we chatted.

I've asked them why they don't have jobs, one said, he suck at jobs, he doesn't like to work for anyone... he said, "God does not like me either". The other Canadian said he actually finished college, got work a couple of years, got vices, drugs, etc. and never invested, piled by debts, got broke and never recovered. Both of them said, a lot of homeless people do have jobs, but prefer to be homeless coz they don't want to invest in having an apartment/home... The other one nodded when the older one said, "We are lazy".

This is exactly a story of someone who has gone astray because he has no God or religion. The other one never invested, did not save, and lost it all. Canada and its immigration system did not and will not promise you a good career. It is you who make it happen.

When you have a long drive and suddenly you have a flat tire... would you just walk away and be mad? or would you go out and change it... that if, you have a spare tire? It is you driving, whos in control, not the unemployment figures, not the salary rates, not the job losses nor the recession. It is you.

My spare tire is to engage into another career, a totally different one. I'd like to open my own restaurant or catering service in less than 10 years here in Canada. That's my long term plan, my spare tire. Me and my wife just turned 30 and we are already thinking of retirement as well.

To IT professionals reading this post, the figure stated by the owner of this thread on page 2 is a bull... that figure is too low. Not even half of what I earn for my first Canadian job. I am saying this from a figure coming from a real paycheck, and I'm not a manager, yet...

Thanks to erikvirgo for quoting my story on page 3. Last year, As I've read that "IT Manager" thread, I promised myself, I'll get back to it and correct it. I hope I did inspire you and some other IT professionals coming in to Canada.

mga Bisdak, salamat sa pag basa, amping mo diha! :)
Very well said... Worth a second reading... Wonderful!

Rohan09

Nov 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 9' 10
AOR Received.
Jan 7' 11
IELTS Request
Original doc sent with application
Med's Request
Mar 3' 11
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Mar 3' 11
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 5' 11
LANDED..........
Oct 28' 11
I think posts from these guys have no problem. there are some who might challenge them and call them pessimist but then an opinion is an opinion and should be taken as is cos if nothing you will just remember a gud point or two that might help you in future who knows.

I personally believe that an individual should relax and be lazy in life if life allows him to do that but when it is challenging you should get up and fight hard. Everyone who spends $1000-$2000 for immigrating to Canada knows the reason as to why he/she is moving out. I have my own dreams and so you must have yours and if Canada is the place where we want ultimately those dreams to come true than why not.

Never abberate from doing something in life if your mind and heart has the same opinion. God bless all!!!

Rohan

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rohan09 said:
Everyone who spends $1000-$2000 for immigrating to Canada knows the reason as to why he/she is moving out.
I doubt that anyone can spend so little, for a single person it should cover the CIC fees, police check and the medical, but not much more.

kathe

Sep 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
AOR Received.
17/02/2011
Med's Request
24/05/2011
Med's Done....
27/06/2011 RPRF Sent...:27/06/2011 RPRF Cashed...: 29/06/2011
Passport Req..
14/07/2011 Passport submitted...: 10/08/2011
VISA ISSUED...
18/08/2011
LANDED..........
Soon
wxyz123 said:
interesting question.. any answer kathe??? i think info is gonna say the same to you what we have been saying to him. but i would love to hear what info says. info would you mind answering kathe's question please?? thanks
Me too, eager to listen and wanna learn about " Struggle for Existance" of human being :)

humanist

Jun 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2009
Doc's Request.
11-06-2009
Med's Request
21-04-2010
Med's Done....
14-05-2010
Passport Req..
10-12-2010
isysy said:
This is exactly a story of someone who has gone astray because he has no God or religion.
Absolute garbage! I'm an atheist and I have never believed in any kind of God and I do not follow any kind of religion.

To say that I'm more likely to descend into homelessness, alcoholism, etc simply because I don't believe in a deity is actually very insulting. Please remember that Canada is a secular country with a high rate of non-believers where comments like that will not go down well at all.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
humanist said:
Absolute garbage! I'm an atheist and I have never believed in any kind of God and I do not follow any kind of religion.

To say that I'm more likely to descend into homelessness, alcoholism, etc simply because I don't believe in fairy tales is actually very insulting. Please remember that Canada is a secular country with a high rate of non-believers where comments like that will not go down well at all.
I normally do not discuss religion, for lots of reasons... But...

All I can say is everyone has a choice, like you humanist, I am an atheist.
But I guess that the term "fairy tales" may also be insulting to those who are not :)

humanist said:
Please remember that Canada is a secular country with a high rate of non-believers where comments like that will not go down well at all.
There are still a lot of religious door knockers that want to convert people in Canada, maybe because there are no many of us non-believers.
As I said, "everyone has a choice" and Canada allows that. But to all those who believe, please don't try and convince me that my choice is wrong - we are just different.