+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Keep in mind there are almost no jobs!

info-gc

Star Member
Nov 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
charninder said:
3) Don't waste your time here in this forum.

Very true! (I kept this on the back of my mind, but at least in the forum I am getting responses; nothing like sending 100 e-mails out and never hearing back from anyone). Just had an interview with a headhunter this morning. (if she can convince the company to interview me, and if I convince them to hire me....a lot of "if"s)

Here is an Yahoo article from today:
http://ca.finance.yahoo.com/banking-budgeting/article/canadianbusiness/107/why-youre-poorer-than-your-parents

LahoreCanada

Star Member
Oct 19, 2010
info-gc said:
Very true! (I kept this on the back of my mind, but at least in the forum I am getting responses; nothing like sending 100 e-mails out and never hearing back from anyone). Just had an interview with a headhunter this morning. (if she can convince the company to interview me, and if I convince them to hire me....a lot of "if"s)

http://ca.finance.yahoo.com/banking-budgeting/article/canadianbusiness/107/why-youre-poorer-than-your-parents
we heard it so many times dear

lloydnina

May 6, 2010
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2010
AOR Received.
sept 2010
IELTS Request
done
File Transfer...
may 2010
Med's Request
Jan 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 22,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 12, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2012
LANDED..........
January 2013
info-gc said:

Hi info-gc,

I am still on the positive side,but thank youfor sharing your thoughts on this...what happened to you maybe different for others or maybe the same..it depends on professions, life situation or even luck! what i can say is, don't loose hope...you have made a choice 10 yrs ago of going there...if u haven't succeded, life doesn't stop there..you are doing the right choice- going home is not an option and will just complicates things..you can leave your bad 10 yrs of experience behind and hope the next 10 yrs would be great. Again, thanks for sharing..this helps us to prepare and and not to expect gold right away when we get there.

lloyd

kimwayne

Nov 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-10
Doc's Request.
BD has been cashed out(Nov.10,2010)
Nomination.....
In Process(February 23,2011),Centralized Intake Office Sydney (CIO-S) Eligibility Review Complete (February 26,2011)
AOR Received.
PER received February 23,2011,2nd AOR(Per) March 17,2011
IELTS Request
submitted with the rest of the documents
File Transfer...
March 24,2011
Med's Request
July 13,2011
Med's Done....
July 28,2011.Payment for processing and RPRF for my wife done in SEPT.16,2011
Interview........
i hope not
Passport Req..
Nov.28,2011
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 11,2011
LANDED..........
April 30,2012..Successfully completed and became a permanent resident holder.
Thanks for sharing your experience,it is very inspiring,and thanks also for this forum!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

aspire said:
Dear Friends,

My PR status is in process since July 31, 2009. I am an internationally educated and experienced nurse. Though I am a Registered Nurse from my home country and has the license as well to practice from the country where I am currently working, I was aware that these licenses are not accredited in Canada and my educational credentials may not have the equivalency to that of Canadian Standards. I am also aware that nursing profession is a regulated profession in Canada and that I cannot practice as a nurse without passing first the Canadian Registered Nurse Examination. To get the eligibility to sit for the CRNE you got to have your education assessed if indeed it has the Canadian standards equivalence.

These were the 2 things which I did after submitting my PR application. I made a research and I found out that each province in Canada has its own ways and standards. My Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree (4 years) is only accepted as equivalent to a practical nursing diploma (2 years) in Ontario. But in Manitoba, my nursing degree from my home country has the BSN equivalence. So, I applied in Manitoba, though in our heart we want to settle in Toronto. I went all the long process and huge spending to have accredited and to get the eligibility to sit for the licensure exam.

While going through the accreditation process, I asked my friend in Winnipeg to search for an employer for me. Until I got the eligibility to sit for the CRNE, I still do not have my PR. I went to Canada on a visit visa just to sit for the CRNE. While I was there I got interviewed by some of the hospitals where my friend submitted my resume. Getting the eligibility means you are registered as a GN (General Nurse) and give you the temporary license to work as a nurse provided you will be put under the direct supervision of a registered nurse. Temporary license lasts for 1 year. You have to pass the CRNE within 1 year otherwise your temporary license will be revoked.
One of the hospitals hired me as GN, and just recently I passed the CRNE. The employer is now working for my LMO not just a GN but as RN. I do not know when I will receive my PR; I do not know either what is the reason for the delay. TRV will soon be processed in parallel with my PR. Be it on PR or TRV, I will not move to Canada without the license to work.

I do not know what's ahead of me in the future. Will I get the PR or the TRV, or I cannot have both. That is out of my control. The least that I can do are the things which I have a grasp of. To do all the preparatory things that can be done before landing Canada. I will not land in Canada if I do not have the license to work and the employer to work for.
Friends, again I do not know yet what's ahead of me in the future. But I believe the track that I have been taking should be the path each and every individual who dreams to migrate to Canada should take. I am encouraging all friends to do the same. With these at hand, surely there will be no anxiety as you board Air Canada with the maple leaf on your passport. We cannot just leave our current stable jobs and life here and fly to Canada with full of uncertainties ahead.

God is in control. PR is delayed because He wants to equip me with all the needed weapons before He grants our visa.

May God Bless Us All.

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Bobby,

You have produced crux of Canada PR Mission, and what every aspirant immigrant thinks.

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
info-gc said:

Info-gc,

I pray to God for your success in getting this job.

malu08

Jul 27, 2009
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Guys,

This is really strange that there is a person who is still struggling from last 10 years for a so called good life in Canada. It does not really make sense WHY?
Info-gc or other like minded folks might be having high expectations from this country. As far as Jobs are concerned, I have a generic and very basic view. Irrespective of any country in this world, On an average It is always difficult to get a new job specially if person is out of Job or unemployed (It is somewhat easy to hunt when still in Job). In India right now IT market or overall economy is doing great, but still, if some body is out of job, it will at least take 1-2 months for anybody to get a new job in your own Home country (Do not count exceptions. Exceptional cases can be any where and always less in numbers). I guess this is some what similar in Canada as well. Getting a better job could take 4-6 Months. Even In India for single position you will always find 15-20 people giving Interviews . So its same story every where. As per my information from Canada from different sources there are jobs in Market and with some hard work,ground work and a bit of Luck everybody would be successful in long run. Look at the Big picture and don't worry about all these discouraging stories.

SISH7255

Nov 19, 2009
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 2011
Hi Info-Gc, thanks for sharing your experience with us. It is very nice of you. I have a doctor friend who recently received a PR status, went to canada with family, lived for 2 months in Toronto completed and landing formalities, collected PR cards and other and came back not hoping to return to Canada again. When I asked him a reason he said, his non canadian medical degree and experience would not count towards gaining an empoyment and he cannot handle the lenghty registration process to get upto the Canadain mark. He added, it is very nice country I would love to saty there.

BTW Alll these bad experiences and negative thoughts will not deter me from going to Canada. For me whole life is a battle field... no matter where you fight it... in Canada or in my home country. I look at the brighter side of the Canada.. such as world class education.. better health care... safety ... less crime and better judiciary system.. multicultural socity.. good future for children... and above all, Canadain passport can do wonders than holding a passport from third world countries. Neverthless USA is neighbour.. for this sake I am ready to work for low end job in factory or deliver pizza for few months even if I am a well qualified, well experienced professional.

Don't loose hope bro.. God is great.. be patient. You will find something good very soon.

SISH7255

Tokas62

Oct 26, 2010
Luanda
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria, RSA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there,
Me and my wife + 2 kids are planning to immigrate to Canada. Since I have started visiting this forum, I have never read such a negative posting. Because of this information I thank you Mr.Info-Gc. We will re-think 3 times our options before trying to immigrate. Althow I still belive that anywere in the world is better than the country were Iam living, all my life.

howard69

Nov 23, 2010
I'm not sure what the OP's qualifications are but I'm a Chartered Quantity Surveyor (Fellow or the RICS) with degrees in construction management and law. I'm not a "prodigy" but I have qualifications and experience for which there is a high demand at senior and Director level.

I really don't anticipate spending any time on a factory assembly line.

Maybe the OP should retrain if he is not offering what the economy demands.

tran

May 10, 2009
Different immigrant, different situation applies. I know someone who immigrated
to Calgary under the family sponsorship program 17 years ago. Almost illiterate,
he started working as a dishwasher. His own kind exploited him by paying minimum,
and demanding maximum amount of work. Next, he ended up working at his relative's vegetable farm; back-breaking and long hours.

He got his lucky break when someone recommended him to work in the steel
fabrication industry; starting as a labourer. Fast-forward, now he is a certified
welder drawing $30/hour basic, excluding bonuses, overtime and other perks.
House is a bungalow with double garage, 2 nice cars(one for himself, the other
for wifey and the kids), and yearly vacation abroad.

He told me that Canada has been good to him and his family. He added that when
one's at the pit, the bottom is very limited, and the upside is up to you.

Deeaar

Oct 27, 2010
ABU DHABI , UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa
NOC Code......
(1241-B) Oct 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AUG 2007
Doc's Request.
AUG 2007
AOR Received.
OCT 2007
IELTS Request
FEB 2008 ( Total Band 8 )
File Transfer...
MARCH 2010
Med's Request
15/10/2010
Med's Done....
26/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
04/03/2011. Sent on 08/03/2011
VISA ISSUED...
30/03/2011
LANDED..........
25 July 2011
SISH7255 said:
Hi Info-Gc, thanks for sharing your experience with us. It is very nice of you. I have a doctor friend who recently received a PR status, went to canada with family, lived for 2 months in Toronto completed and landing formalities, collected PR cards and other and came back not hoping to return to Canada again. When I asked him a reason he said, his non canadian medical degree and experience would not count towards gaining an empoyment and he cannot handle the lenghty registration process to get upto the Canadain mark. He added, it is very nice country I would love to saty there.

BTW Alll these bad experiences and negative thoughts will not deter me from going to Canada. For me whole life is a battle field... no matter where you fight it... in Canada or in my home country. I look at the brighter side of the Canada.. such as world class education.. better health care... safety ... less crime and better judiciary system.. multicultural socity.. good future for children... and above all, Canadain passport can do wonders than holding a passport from third world countries. Neverthless USA is neighbour.. for this sake I am ready to work for low end job in factory or deliver pizza for few months even if I am a well qualified, well experienced professional.

Don't loose hope bro.. God is great.. be patient. You will find something good very soon.

SISH7255
Hi....

It seems we both come from a same school of thought. I too firmly believe in the same and ready to sacrifice little more for the betterment of my future and see my child well placed...god willing.

Keep up the good spirit and We will make it and We will Succeed.

Keep in tch.

Cheers!!!

Deeaar

Oct 27, 2010
ABU DHABI , UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa
NOC Code......
(1241-B) Oct 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AUG 2007
Doc's Request.
AUG 2007
AOR Received.
OCT 2007
IELTS Request
FEB 2008 ( Total Band 8 )
File Transfer...
MARCH 2010
Med's Request
15/10/2010
Med's Done....
26/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
04/03/2011. Sent on 08/03/2011
VISA ISSUED...
30/03/2011
LANDED..........
25 July 2011
tran said:
Different immigrant, different situation applies. I know someone who immigrated
to Calgary under the family sponsorship program 17 years ago. Almost illiterate,
he started working as a dishwasher. His own kind exploited him by paying minimum,
and demanding maximum amount of work. Next, he ended up working at his relative's vegetable farm; back-breaking and long hours.

He got his lucky break when someone recommended him to work in the steel
fabrication industry; starting as a labourer. Fast-forward, now he is a certified
welder drawing $30/hour basic, excluding bonuses, overtime and other perks.
House is a bungalow with double garage, 2 nice cars(one for himself, the other
for wifey and the kids), and yearly vacation abroad.

He told me that Canada has been good to him and his family. He added that when
one's at the pit, the bottom is very limited, and the upside is up to you.
Wowwww quite motivating. This is the kind of strong spirit n will power we all need to have before planning for a BIG change and shift in our lives.
Please congratulate this gentleman who succeeded in Calgary on my behalf.

maharlika

Champion Member
Feb 12, 2010
Pinas
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
4131;3152
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-22-2009, returned; resent 8-09
Doc's Request.
09-24-2009
AOR Received.
02-01-2010
File Transfer...
09-30-2009
Med's Request
06-03-2010
Med's Done....
07-30,31-10
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-21-10
VISA ISSUED...
10/15/2010....reached me on 11/09/2010
LANDED..........
MAY 24, 2011
anywhere in the world is not a sure place to live even in our very own country..what is important, is that, a person knows how to adopt and adjust to any situation he is in, and the most important weapon is ATTITUDE...intelligence does not count if a person has an attitude problem...just like with the example given above by tran...though a person is not equipped with intelligence but he has the right attitude, then luck and opportunities come in every direction...

most of all, lets not forget our Creator, who knows everything good for us

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

MANISHMEHTA

Jul 21, 2010
VADODARA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb-2010
Doc's Request.
mar-2010
File Transfer...
30-03-2010
Med's Request
25/06/2012
Med's Done....
13/07/2012
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
25/06/2012
VISA ISSUED...
22/01/13
LANDED..........
May'13
I agree with maharlika
There are 2-3 factors are working for getting job, luck, your knowledge, and your ability to learn new things.
maharlika said:
anywhere in the world is not a sure place to live even in our very own country..what is important, is that, a person knows how to adopt and adjust to any situation he is in, and the most important weapon is ATTITUDE...intelligence does not count if a person has an attitude problem...just like with the example given above by tran...though a person is not equipped with intelligence but he has the right attitude, then luck and opportunities come in every direction...

most of all, lets not forget our Creator, who knows everything good for us

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)