Interview........
23-06-2010
Passport Req..
09-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2011
LANDED..........
25-12-2011
Well the decision for my appeal hearing was positive. On June 23rd they decided my marriage to my husband
was genuine. Now just waiting to hear something. Or maybe waiting for my husband to hear something about what happens next. I e-mailed the Ankara office in Turkey to remind them that we won our appeal hearing and asked them what was expected of us now. I also asked them to contact my husband, as he has not received anything yet about the appeal hearing, apart from what I told him. He was sworn in, and testified too. I think it's rather unfair that we are left hanging still. It might not be a big ordeal for them, but I had to go all the way to Vancouver, get a hotel, just to be there early enough for my hearing at 8:30 am in Vancouver. And the judge ruled in our favour. Does anyone have any idea how much longer we will be waiting? I can't believe I'm still begging for information from them even now. All I do is try to figure out what the heck they're doing. It's not like I can get a hold of them. Believe me I try!!!!!!! Anyways just whining again...

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
just hang in there....u will know soon

let them contact u, maybe ur file was sent to Ottawa not back to Ankara

no matter where they sent ur file with all this mail strike it will take a while until everything gets back go normal and ur file arrives

try to call CIC or the place who did the hearing...maybe they will know at least where ur file is sent or if it arrived

Mrs. Turan

Mar 11, 2010
Vancouver Island, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
The Canadian Embassy, Ankara, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2010
File Transfer...
06-05-2010
Med's Request
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
20-08-2011
Interview........
23-06-2010
Passport Req..
09-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2011
LANDED..........
25-12-2011
Thanks missmini. You're right. I'm just being impatient. We've waited this long. I just miss my husband soooooo much again. It's been over 5 months since my husband and I have been together. I try to just continue on like normal, working and waiting, and so does he. But it doesn't feel right most of the time. I work in a restaurant and all my coworkers and customers are all waiting to meet him too. They know how hard it's been for us. I really am grateful that we are doing ok though. I am grateful for all my experiences we have shared, living in Turkey. I love him so much. One day we'll really be together, starting our life in Canada. What a dream come true that will be. I wish for everyone an easier time with the whole immigration process than mine. Sending all positive wishes for all.

inflex

Jun 30, 2011
I am in the same boat as you. I won my appeal in March 2011 also in Vancouver. Unlike you I didn't go through the mental anguish of not knowing the outcome of the appeal for weeks. I got the favourable decision on the spot. I later got the official letter 2 weeks later confirming that. Using an immigration lawyer which I did made a big difference because I'm totally inexperienced in that type of deliberation. The reason for the appeal was the same for both of us. They doubted the genuiness of our marriages. Anyway, My wife's application was sent back to the originating VO and not Ottawa. The VO started processing it on June 9 2011. I do understand your frustration. The expectation is that the processing will be faster since the appeal is won but from what I'm experiencing it is not the case. Trying to contact the VO directly often exacerbates your frustration because they ignore you most of the time. They tend to respect MPs and will respond if you make inquiry through your MP's office.
The change I see now is that my wife recieved a letter from the VO this week requesting that she go for her medical exam and police clearance. The big unkown is when she will be invited for her visa. The wait continues. I wil advise you to be patient. You've already scaled through the biggest hurdle.

inflex

Jun 30, 2011
Just to add one more thing, trying to contact the VO to remind them that you won the appeal is probably unnecessary. The CIC got a copy of the appeal decision and they will forward that information to your VO assuming the application is sent there.

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
inflex said:
I am in the same boat as you. I won my appeal in March 2011 also in Vancouver. Unlike you I didn't go through the mental anguish of not knowing the outcome of the appeal for weeks. I got the favourable decision on the spot. I later got the official letter 2 weeks later confirming that. Using an immigration lawyer which I did made a big difference because I'm totally inexperienced in that type of deliberation. The reason for the appeal was the same for both of us. They doubted the genuiness of our marriages. Anyway, My wife's application was sent back to the originating VO and not Ottawa. The VO started processing it on June 9 2011. I do understand your frustration. The expectation is that the processing will be faster since the appeal is won but from what I'm experiencing it is not the case. Trying to contact the VO directly often exacerbates your frustration because they ignore you most of the time. They tend to respect MPs and will respond if you make inquiry through your MP's office.
The change I see now is that my wife recieved a letter from the VO this week requesting that she go for her medical exam and police clearance. The big unkown is when she will be invited for her visa. The wait continues. I wil advise you to be patient. You've already scaled through the biggest hurdle.
inflex that means that u should b almost at the end :D usually they ask for the new medicals and police clearance exactly before they r ready to issue her visa; good luck!! which embassy rejected ur application in the first place :/ if u don't mind sharing :/

Mrs Turan it's ok soon he will have to redo the medical exam too!!!! :)

Mrs. Turan

Mar 11, 2010
Vancouver Island, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2010
File Transfer...
06-05-2010
Med's Request
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
20-08-2011
Interview........
23-06-2010
Passport Req..
09-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2011
LANDED..........
25-12-2011
I've come to rely so much on the MP to find out information about our case. The assistant to the MP always recommends me to contact them directly first. After that I give them so much time to answer me back, and then if they don't reply, then I contact the MP. The MP asks them what is going on, since I have not been contacted. But really, the MP encourages me to be proactive. The Ankara office is way better at getting back to me than the Vancouver Office ever was. In fact he was very surprised I was never able to talk to a real person. The automated service runs in a loop so that you can never talk to someone, and it just always starts at the beginning again. Seriously, I tried it every day for about 3 days. Maybe there are days when they talk to somebody, but I don't know which days they were ::)
Anyways, I've had good luck with the Ankara office. I may have been a bit pushy but my husband counts on me to be this way :D I'd rather be a bug than go crazy waiting and waiting. Can they actually get annoyed at you for trying to find out information????

Canuckfever

Jul 4, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Love is patient. Waiting can be annoying but if you hold on and let it be then, everything will turn our fine.

Keep the faith!

Mrs. Turan

Mar 11, 2010
Vancouver Island, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2010
File Transfer...
06-05-2010
Med's Request
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
20-08-2011
Interview........
23-06-2010
Passport Req..
09-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2011
LANDED..........
25-12-2011
My MP just e-mailed me this:
Good morning Tina,

The Canadian embassy in Ankara has not yet received the file. They have informed me that diplomatic courier shipments from Canada can be irregularly scheduled.

In the meantime, they have suggested that Murat obtain new medical certificates and an updated Turkish Police certificate. Once he has these, he can forward them to the embassy and quote his file number (B*******).

Sincerely,

So does this mean that it's progressing faster now, if they are asking for the medical and police report already?

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maybe this will save time so they dont have to ask for those documents again and in return speed up the process

Mrs. Turan

Mar 11, 2010
Vancouver Island, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2010
File Transfer...
06-05-2010
Med's Request
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
20-08-2011
Interview........
23-06-2010
Passport Req..
09-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2011
LANDED..........
25-12-2011
Yea I hope so. It's been a while since I had any information. I'm just so excited, but my husband
is sleeping right now, since it is 10 hours ahead there. Thanks for replying Kedeisha, I'm so hoping he
will be coming soon. Maybe that is asking too much, I know everyone else waits and waits, it would
just be so nice to have a break for once and no hassle.