+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Just thought of sharing this information about my citizenship application

espn103

Sep 16, 2013
Hi Edmonton ....test was done today....very easy and simple....oath given for next week.....local office Mississauga ....!

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
espn103 said:
Hi Edmonton ....test was done today....very easy and simple....oath given for next week.....local office Mississauga ....!
Congratulations! :) What is your timeline?

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yolka said:
I hope so :(. I was with Scarborough but recently was told that my file was transferred to St.Clair's and I might have my test in January. The agent said if I do not hear back from them by January I should give them a call. I am not sure how accurate his information was but will be happy even for January test.

Hopefully it will be soon. I don't really rely on call center info "if the info is not offecially recorded and visible to them on the computer system".

When they try to use their estimation regarding next steps and timelines with no physical info availbe to them, they fail to be accurate.

However, I appreciate their efforts trying to help us and understand the inaccurracy of thier info sometimes.

I only rely on what they say, if they tell me that what they say is what they see on system about my case "facts not estimations".

I will give you some examples:

Was told by one agent: "test would be held for me in Augest, 2014

Was told by another agent: "test would be held on April, 2014"

Was told by another agent: "since you have been requested to provide fingerprint, processing would take 35 months as it falls under the non- routine applications" - even though the fingerprint was done and results sent to them electronically in less than 2 days as per the RCMP.

3 days after the agent told me that my test would be in April, 2014, I received the test letter by mail for November, 2013.

That is why I advise not to rely on call center info, if the info is just some vague estimation based on average data.

Good luck.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
espn103 said:
Applied Feb,2013 and oath next week...!

Congratulations and good luck with your final step.

Your info confirms the fact that Glen Erin office started finishing citizenship applications from A to Z in less than a year.

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
professional 1 said:
Hopefully it will be soon. I don't really rely on call center info "if the info is not offecially recorded and visible to them on the computer system".

When they try to use their estimation regarding next steps and timelines with no physical info availbe to them, they fail to be accurate.

However, I appreciate their efforts trying to help us and understand the inaccurracy of thier info sometimes.

I only rely on what they say, if they tell me that what they say is what they see on system about my case "facts not estimations".

I will give you some examples:

Was told by one agent: "test would be held for me in Augest, 2014

Was told by another agent: "test would be held on April, 2014"

Was told by another agent: "since you have been requested to provide fingerprint, processing would take 35 months as it falls under the non- routine applications" - even though the fingerprint was done and results sent to them electronically in less than 2 days as per the RCMP.

3 days after the agent told me that my test would be in April, 2014, I received the test letter by mail for November, 2013.

That is why I advise not to rely on call center info, if the info is just some vague estimation based on average data.

Good luck.
Hi professional 1, thanks a lot. That's exactly what I wanted to hear, whether anybody was in the same situation as me. I wonder why do they do that? I guess I should just wait and do not call them anymore :-( I think they forgot about me ha ha ha since they seem to be skipping May applicants (I called CIC only twice during these 18 months since my application submission).

It is amazing how fast you got your test after the finger prints submission, I am truly happy for you! please keep us updated re your test day! all the best.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yolka said:
Hi professional 1, thanks a lot. That's exactly what I wanted to hear, whether anybody was in the same situation as me. I wonder why do they do that? I guess I should just wait and do not call them anymore :-( I think they forgot about me ha ha ha since they seem to be skipping May applicants (I called CIC only twice during these 18 months since my application submission).

It is amazing how fast you got your test after the finger prints submission, I am truly happy for you! please keep us updated re your test day! all the best.

Thanks Yolka,

I used to call them once a month just to make sure I am not missing anything in the mail.

I am sure you will hear the good news soon.

I will keep updating the progress of my application step by step.

All the best to you too.

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
espn103 said:
Applied Feb,2013 and oath next week...!
Impressive! Congrats!

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
By the way, just to mention this piece of information. It is not really important, but looks like they started doing new stuff:

The test invitation letter was 4 pages envelop.

The first 2 are the real test invitation with the documents list required to bring on test day "yellow colour".

The second one was important notice "orange colour" - just to confirm that you have to bring clear photocopies of passports along with originals.

The last page was a reminder again, blue colour emphasizing the english ability during the interview.

espn103

Sep 16, 2013
Yup...that's true ....but one more thing I wanna tell u...over 90 percent of guys who gave test that day were given oath letters for next week same day same time and most of them applied in Feb this year.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
espn103 said:
Yup...that's true ....but one more thing I wanna tell u...over 90 percent of guys who gave test that day were given oath letters for next week same day same time and most of them applied in Feb this year.
That is actually good news. I hope they keep in doing the same. Especially the same day oath thing.

mojojojo

Nov 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
professional 1 said:
...I hope they keep in doing the same. Especially the same day oath thing.
I keep hearing about this... fingers crossed for next week. Perhaps they'll speed this up for me after 27 months :-\

For those who had the oath the same day. Were they notified that the oath was going to be the same day? Or after the test they walked into a room "and by the way, your ceremony is also today"....

and,

espn103 said:
Did they give you a notice during the test? Or did you get home to find a letter saying that the oath was next week?

Congrats by the way :)

waitingforcic

Jul 9, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
professional 1 said:
Thanks man, and yes hopefully you will get your test invitation letter soon.

Good luck.
Just want to update you, I just checked my ecas and it says:
We sent you a notice on November 21, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on December 4, 2013 at 10:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

I haven´t received the letter yet, so I still don´t know if I´ll be writing the test at Mississauga or Scarborough. I´ll let you know.
Anyone else writing test on same date?

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
waitingforcic said:
Just want to update you, I just checked my ecas and it says:
We sent you a notice on November 21, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on December 4, 2013 at 10:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

I haven´t received the letter yet, so I still don´t know if I´ll be writing the test at Mississauga or Scarborough. I´ll let you know.
Anyone else writing test on same date?
Congratulations with getting your test date! :) What is your timeline? When was your ecas updated?

If you'd like to get more info about your test date, time and place you need to call the CIC.