Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
professional 1 said:
An update:

Just came home and found the test invitation letter in my mail box.

The test will be held in the Scarborough office at 1:00 pm.

Timeline:

Application sent: sept, 2012

Acknowledgment of receipt: November, 2012

Started processing: Feb, 2013

Fingerprint request: May, 2013

Fingerprint done and sent electronically the same month.

Citizenship invitation letter for the test: November, 15, 2013

Citizenship test will be: November, 26, 2013

Ecase was updated today as well to show the same above info regarding the test.

The funny thing was that I checked e-case today at around 12:30 afternoon and it was not updated, but when I checked it now after I saw the letter in the mail box, it was updated !

Looks like they feed the system and it loads up the info gradually by itself 24/7
Oh, the bitterness that I would've been in your situation in one month of I hadn't gotten the RQ... :mad:

That being said, congratulations. Good luck with the test! :)

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
professional 1 said:
An update:

Just came home and found the test invitation letter in my mail box.

The test will be held in the Scarborough office at 1:00 pm.

Timeline:

Application sent: sept, 2012

Acknowledgment of receipt: November, 2012

Started processing: Feb, 2013

Fingerprint request: May, 2013

Fingerprint done and sent electronically the same month.

Citizenship invitation letter for the test: November, 15, 2013

Citizenship test will be: November, 26, 2013

Ecase was updated today as well to show the same above info regarding the test.

The funny thing was that I checked e-case today at around 12:30 afternoon and it was not updated, but when I checked it now after I saw the letter in the mail box, it was updated !

Looks like they feed the system and it loads up the info gradually by itself 24/7
Congratulations professional 1! such a good news. I sent my application in May 2012 and my processing started in January one month before yours and I am still waiting for my test :-( Good luck with the test!

Canadian2015

Nov 18, 2013
Timeline

Hello All,

I applied for Citizenship late August. I check e-cas it shows application received Sep 3rd and book sent updated Nov 9th 2013 and it also shows in process same date.

What does that mean??

Thanks

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
Re: Timeline

Canadian2015 said:
Hello All,

I applied for Citizenship late August. I check e-cas it shows application received Sep 3rd and book sent updated Nov 9th 2013 and it also shows in process same date.

What does that mean??

Thanks
Wait for a year for an update and check your mail.

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
Canadian2015 said:
So its a year after it goes in process?

Thanks
Usually it's about a year until you get a test date. Unless you get an RQ, which can come before the 1 year mark.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Swede said:
Oh, the bitterness that I would've been in your situation in one month of I hadn't gotten the RQ... :mad:

That being said, congratulations. Good luck with the test! :)

Thanks man and hopefully your RQ will be processed fast.

Stay positive and wish you a very good luck.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yolka said:
Congratulations professional 1! such a good news. I sent my application in May 2012 and my processing started in January one month before yours and I am still waiting for my test :-( Good luck with the test!

Thanks Yolka,

I am sure you will hear good news soon. Are you in scarbrough office as well ?

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Today I met a random person who said that his citizenship test was held in Glen Ernie Mississauga, and he told me the following:

He applied on May, 2013 !

His citizenship test was today

He passed and was given an oath date on the spot for next week.

I even asked him about the oath thing whether it was only him or every successful applicant, he said he couldn't see what was going on with every specific person.

However, they were all told by CIC officials "as part of the instructions" the oath will be next week for the eligible applicants of today.

The oath thing might be true, as I have seen people reporting the same thing. However, what I still kind of doubt is that he applied on May !

I told him, so you mean the entire process took 6 months for you in Mississauga office, he said yes.

Well, I don't know that person and cannot trust his info, but just wanted to share it in case anyone has the similar timeline, or attended the test today in Mississauga to confirm.

Bethel7

Star Member
Aug 27, 2010
Hello Guys,
I will be due to apply for Citizenship on the 12th December 2013 base on the residency calculator reply.
However, I have just booked my flight for a 6 weeks vacation outside Canada.
Should I submit my application first before traveling or wait until I come back from my vacation?
Is there a limit to the number of times one should travel out of Canada to be qualify for citizenship?
Can somebody please help me with the Citizenship Application Form. Been trying to locate it since.
Again, what is the best available cheap option to bring my nephew and nice to Canada? They just lost their dad and they are teenagers. By our culture, I have to take care of them. I want to ensure they receive quality education here in Canada. Again, how can I get my travel record in and out of Canada till date? Please help.
Thanks,
Bethel7

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
professional 1 said:
Today I met a random person who said that his citizenship test was held in Glen Ernie Mississauga, and he told me the following:

I even asked him about the oath thing whether it was only him or every successful applicant, he said he couldn't see what was going on with every specific person.

However, they were all told by CIC officials "as part of the instructions" the oath will be next week for the eligible applicants of today.

The oath thing might be true, as I have seen people reporting the same thing. However, what I still kind of doubt is that he applied on May !

I told him, so you mean the entire process took 6 months for you in Mississauga office, he said yes.

Well, I don't know that person and cannot trust his info, but just wanted to share it in case anyone has the similar timeline, or attended the test today in Mississauga to confirm.

That's amazing... and not fair to the applicants who applied earlier that May 2013 applicants.

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
professional 1 said:

Whatthewhat? That's crazy!
Bethel7 said:
Hello Guys,
I will be due to apply for Citizenship on the 12th December 2013 base on the residency calculator reply.
However, I have just booked my flight for a 6 weeks vacation outside Canada.
Should I submit my application first before traveling or wait until I come back from my vacation?
Is there a limit to the number of times one should travel out of Canada to be qualify for citizenship?
Can somebody please help me with the Citizenship Application Form. Been trying to locate it since.
Again, what is the best available cheap option to bring my nephew and nice to Canada? They just lost their dad and they are teenagers. By our culture, I have to take care of them. I want to ensure they receive quality education here in Canada. Again, how can I get my travel record in and out of Canada till date? Please help.
Thanks,
Bethel7
You should give yourself a few weeks margin when applying, just in case CIC disagrees with your calculations. You'd best travel first and then come back and make sure you have time to spare before you apply. You can find the citizenship application package here.

You can find information on sponsoring your niece and nephew here. Note that they typically would have to be orphaned and below 18 years of age to be eligible.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Suin said:
That's amazing... and not fair to the applicants who applied earlier that May 2013 applicants.
It is actually amazing. I would feel happy for him. However, it is really frustrating to other applicants who have been waiting for so long.

I was under the impression that it depends on how busy the immigration office is, but based on what he said, it does not look like it if he was telling the truth.

What i am aware of is that Glen Erin is a busy office as well, or at least not fast to the point of finishing an application in 6 months.

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
professional 1 said:
Thanks Yolka,

I am sure you will hear good news soon. Are you in scarbrough office as well ?
I hope so :(. I was with Scarborough but recently was told that my file was transferred to St.Clair's and I might have my test in January. The agent said if I do not hear back from them by January I should give them a call. I am not sure how accurate his information was but will be happy even for January test.