+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Just thought of sharing this information about my citizenship application

MontToron

Jan 17, 2014
professional 1 said:
No question is a stupid question. Your COPR info is normal. All of us who arrived in Canada prior to becoming PRs have only their PR landing date on that paper.

It is not a mistake, it is just the way issue it. Mine is the same exactly with a similar case "arriving in Canada way before becoming a landed immigrant", and only the the PR landing date is mentioned in it.

Yes, it is.
Thanks professional 1... I appreciate it ...

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
professional 1 said:
By the way guys,

I became a Canadian citizen today. Oath ceremoines were awesome, and it is really such a relief.

The wait is over and the whole immigration and citizenship journey has come to an end "Thank God".

Good luck to everyone who is still in the process and congratulations to everyone who is already done.
Congratulations professional 1! I can even feel the relief for you :) Well Done and All the Best to you!

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yolka said:
Congratulations professional 1! I can even feel the relief for you :) Well Done and All the Best to you!

Thanks Yolka. You will be done soon and the entire process will just turn into memories right after your Oarh day.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just checked my online status now and it shows "Complete" , and the following:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 21, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 21, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February 5, 2013.

We sent you a notice on November 13, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on November 26, 2013 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on December 31, 2013 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on January 16, 2014 at 3:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

You became a Canadian citizen on January 16, 2014.

The update was done today "Sunday".

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
professional 1 said:
Just checked my online status now and it shows "Complete", and the following:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 21, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 21, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February 5, 2013.

We sent you a notice on November 13, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on November 26, 2013 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on December 31, 2013 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on January 16, 2014 at 3:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

You became a Canadian citizen on January 16, 2014.

The update was done today "Sunday".
professional1 your application got processing a day before mine! still no test date though...

Here is my timeline

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 27, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 27, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February 6, 2013

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
QAI said:
professional1 your application got processing a day before mine! still no test date though...

Here is my timeline

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 27, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 27, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February 6, 2013

Did you try to call them ?

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
professional 1 said:
Did you try to call them ?
I did and the rep said I should get the test invite by end of Feburary. All background checks are done. I think I'll wait till end of January and than order an ATIP report.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
QAI said:
I did and the rep said I should get the test invite by end of Feburary. All background checks are done. I think I'll wait till end of January and than order an ATIP report.
I am sure, you will get it very soon. Maybe even before the end of February.

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
professional 1 said:
I am sure, you will get it very soon. Maybe even before the end of February.
On a side note, a family member is getting married in april back home, i dont know if my citizenship application will be complete by then including oath. having already received RQ is it a risk going back in April ?

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
QAI said:
On a side note, a family member is getting married in april back home, i dont know if my citizenship application will be complete by then including oath. having already received RQ is it a risk going back in April ?

Do you mean you have already received a RQ ? Anyway, I am sure you will get your test date soon, and i dont think think you will be at risk for a short trip to attend your family member's wedding.

Just make sure you dont miss any correspondence and important dates with CIC including checking your online status every day.

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
professional 1 said:
Do you mean you have already received a RQ ? Anyway, I am sure you will get your test date soon, and i dont think think you will be at risk for a short trip to attend your family member's wedding.

Just make sure you dont miss any correspondence and important dates with CIC including checking your online status every day.
Ya, im hoping things will wrap up quickly in the next several weeks.

redstone

Apr 6, 2013
I need few advise to fill citizenship form:

1.for adult application on 6G : child section: there are boxes Date from & date to after Lives in Canada and before Name of instituation. what should i type here. when child came to canada or when child started school??

2. If paid online for adult & child togather, should we make 2 copies of payment receipt to attach with adult & child application?? we are going to send in same envelope.

3. should we write letter of explanation that child has been attending school for last 3 years out of 4 years as he had to start kindergarden at the age of 5. now he is in grade 2.

Pls help, seniors.........

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
professional 1 said:
By the way guys,

I became a Canadian citizen today. Oath ceremoines were awesome, and it is really such a relief.

The wait is over and the whole immigration and citizenship journey has come to an end "Thank God".

Good luck to everyone who is still in the process and congratulations to everyone who is already done.
Hi professional 1,

Can you please tell us about the Oath day, what to expect and what do we do during the Ceremony? Thank You.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yolka said:
Hi professional 1,

Can you please tell us about the Oath day, what to expect and what do we do during the Ceremony? Thank You.

It was actually so simple. I brought my passports and IDs as it says in the invitation letter. However, the officer who lined us up said "only prepare the following in hand to check in:

- Your invitation letter first page

- The second page filled in with the Oath date and your signature

- The PR card original

- The landing paper or Conformation of PR original

- She said " I don't wanna see your passport or anything else"

- She started checking us in one by one looking at the above mentioned documents

- She said everyone can bring one person with him as a visitor, but they have to check in together with the applicant in the line up

- She asked us to write down our seat numbers on the second page before we check in

- They asked us to hand in the the PR card and second page of the Oath letter signed/dated at the desk by the door

- We put all the PR cards in one basket on that desk then were told to find our seat by the numbers written on them

- The numbers are written on the packages on top of each seat for each applicant, or on the top left corner of the seat arm itself facing the seat.

After everyone is being seated, they will count the number of the available empty seats. Then, will allow more of the family members and friends to get in as they have done with me.

An officer will explain the ceremonies procedure to all applicants in general after everyone is seated. You are allowed to take pictures or even vedios of the ceremonies as long as you are still sitting and not disturbing the ceremonies.

They were very strict at the door during the check in regarding the PR card and landing document. I remember 2 family members who did not speak English well being denied an access to the Oath room.

They were an eldery couple, with everything in hand except the landing papers. The officer kept asking about it and they kept giving her other documents.

Then she said " sorry, if you don't have it, you cannot come in", and denied them access.

They went back to their family members waiting on the seats outside of the room and were given the landing papers from an envelop with them.

Afterwards, they came back to the officer, showed her the documents and were allowed in. The officer asked everyone to stand up once the judge steps in the room , and then sit when told so by her,

She asked us to listen to the judge , repeat what he asks us to say after him in both languages English and French. There is a document within the package on your seat that is got the Oath script on it, and another one that has the national anthem.

The judge was very cool guy and had a sense of humour. He started saying:

"Listen all, this is my fourth session during the day and I wanna get out of here as soon as possible and go home to eat and rest". He said lets make it fast and laughed.

He gave the speech about Canada, it's history, and the meaning of being a Canadian citizen. He said, "I am sure that some of you are wondering as to why the hell did we come to this country that has endless snow" and laughed.

He said, "but I am sure it is worth it"

He said, " Iam sure it wasn't an easy process to reach this point and become a Canadian citizen today" which is true.

Then he told as to repeat the Oath after him while we were all standing in both languages. He said not to worry about it if we cannot understand either of the languages. He said just try to repeat what you hear from me if you cannot understand it, which we all did.

I don't understand French, but was able to repeat after him.

While saying the Oath, we have to be all standing raising the right hand. If anyone wanted to have a holy book during the Oath, they were welcomed to do it by carrying the book on the left hand and keep raising the right hand.

After we were done with the Oath, we were all asked to get ready to be called one by one to receive citizenship certificate and shake hand with the judge.

All of us have to line up through the right side of the room as our turns get closer. Then, walk the opposit way to sign a paper that we did the Oath and received the certificate. It is basically an attendance paper and must be signed. Afterwards, we all took seats again getting ready to sing the national anthem.

After we were done, they announced the ceremonies to be complete and allowed taking pictures with the judge.

They didn't take or stamp the conformation of PR. I asked the officer about it before I left, and she said no we don't need it. She advised me to keep it as it is gonna be important for my pension in the future.

They give you one Canada flag per applicant included with the package on your seat .

One thing that really annoyed me in that day was respecting the line up for the check in. In the test day, the process was so organized - first come - first served.

However, in the ceremonies day, people started lining up in a second, third, fourth lines right beside you and walk in whichever way they wanted.This made me and other applicants stand there for so long waiting because so many people has no respect for the line up.

Officers actually didn't care about this issue.

I arrived like 2 hours ahead, and the people who showed up at the last moment were checked in way before I did, as they didn't bother to wait in any line up.

Other than that, everything else was great.

That was it.

Randypandy

Star Member
May 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Professional 1 for your detailed experience you had with Oath.

Would you mind telling us on the test day do CO verify our Original documents separtley with oeach applicant (spouse) or they ask you both to join at same time for the interview ?

randy

professional 1 said:
It was actually so simple. I brought my passports and IDs as it says in the invitation letter. However, the officer who lined us up said "only prepare the following in hand to check in:

- Your invitation letter first page

- The second page filled in with the Oath date and your signature

- The PR card original

- The landing paper or Conformation of PR original

- She said " I don't wanna see your passport or anything else"

- She started checking us in one by one looking at the above mentioned documents

- She said everyone can bring one person with him as a visitor, but they have to check in together with the applicant in the line up

- She asked us to write down our seat numbers on the second page before we check in

- They asked us to hand in the the PR card and second page of the Oath letter signed at the desk by the door

- We put all the PR cards on one basket on that desk then were told to find our seat by the numbers written on them

- The numbers are written on the packages on top of each seat for each applicant, or on the top left corner of the seat arm itself facing the seat

After everyone is being seated, they will count the number if the available empty seats and will allow more if the family members and friends to get in as they have done with me.

An officer will explain the ceremonies procedure to all applicants in general after everyone in seated. You are allowed to take pictures or even vedios of the ceremonies as long as you are still sitting and not disturbing the ceremonies.

They were very strict at the door during the check in regarding the PR card and landing document. I remember 2 family members who did nt speak English well and could not understand what she was saying being dentures an access the the Oath room.

They were an eldery couple, with everything in hand except the landing papers. The officer kept asking about it and they kept giving her other documents.

Then she said " sorry, if you don't have it, you cannot come in and sent back".

They went back to their family members waiting on the seats outside of the room and were given the landing papers from an envelop with them.

Afterwards, they came back to the officer, showed her the documents and were allowed in. The officer asked everyone to stand up once the judge steps in the room , and then sit when told so by her,

She asked us to listen to the judge , repeat what he asks us to say after him in both languages English and French. There is a document within the package on your seat that is got the Oath script on it, and another one that has the national anthem.

The judge was very cool guy and had sense if humor. He started saying:

"Listen all, this is my fourth session during the day and I wanna get out of here as soon as possible and go home to eat and rest". He said lets make it fast and laughed.

He said the speech about Canada it's history and the meaning of being a Canadian citizen. He said, "I am sure that some of you are wondering as to why the hell did we come to this country that has endless snow" and laughed.

He said, "but I am sure it is worth it"

He said, " ism sure it wasn't an easy process to reach this point and become a Canadian citizen today" which is true.

Then he told as to repeat the Oath after him while we are standing in both languages. He said not to worry about it if we cannot understand either of the languages. He said just try to repeat what you hear from me if you cannot understand it, which we all did.

I don't understand French, but was able to repeat after him.

While saying the Oath, we have to be all standing raising the right hand. If anyone wanted to have a holy book during the Oath they were welcomed to do it by carrying the book on the left hand and keep easing the right hand.

After we were done the Oath we were all asked to get ready to be called one by one to receive citizenship certificate and shake hand with the judge.

All of us has to line up through the right side of the room as our turns get closer and walk the opposit way to sign a paper that we did the Oath and received the certificate. It is basically an attendance paper and must be signed. Then we all took seats again getting ready to sing the national anthem.

After we were done, they announced the ceremonies to be complete and allowed taking pictures with the judge.

They didn't take or stamp the conformist ion of PR. I asked the officer about it before I left, and she said no we don't need it. She advised me to keep it as it is gonna be important for my pension in the future.

They give you one Canada flag per applicant included with the package on your seat .

One thing that really annoyed me in that day was respecting the line up for the check in. In the test day, the process was so organized - first come - first served.

However, in the ceremonies day, people started lining up in a second, third, fourth lines right beside you and walk in whichever way they want. This made me and other applicants stand there for so long waiting because so many people has no respect for the line up.

Officers actually didn't care about this issue.

I arrived like 2 hours ahead, and the people who showed up at the last moment were checked in way before I did, as they didn't bother to wait in any line up.

Other than that, everything else was great.

That was it.