+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Just for fun

I

iarblue

Well knit me a sweater for next winter lol by the time we get out of here it should be close BLUE pls.

Cdagal

Jul 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2010
AOR Received.
24-08-2010
File Transfer...
09-08-2010
Med's Done....
23-04-2010
Interview........
11-11-2010
Passport Req..
11-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
02-03-2011
My husband and I met online in plentyoffish, we couldn't be more different from one another. He is an Nigerian Yoruba man living in Brazil, and I am, well...blonder than him..lol But we started emailing back and forth and chatting, conversations were so easy that before we knew it we were talking through the night until the sun came up. He is my best friend in the world, and definitely worth all the waiting and difficulty. I can't imagine my life without him in it :)

I

iarblue

Well when i go for a walk sit outside here in Brampton the best city in Canada lol.It is just so amazing to me.....I see people from every part of the world from the north to the south from the east to the west....it is so muliculutral it blows my mind....and its amazing how everyone adapts to life here fast....you watch children from other culutures and you laugh because they act no different from children of your own the parents love them the same,disipline them the same.
I think that there is beauty in everyone and it just goes to show on this forum no mater where your from you find love in the craziest places.I never thought i would find the love of my life in Brazil of all places so far away.
And Canada is growing by immigration standards 250000 people a year thats crazy.I was born here im a pure white Canadian but i could care less as long as you love people,treat people with respect,help others you can,and look inside, we live in the best country in the world.
To those who got your PR and to those who are trying LIVE LOVE LAUGH.

B

boyee6576

Here Here iareblue I totally agree. I live close to a university town and you see many cultures. You see people going with parkas while the rest of us are wearing sweaters but they are smiling happy to be here. They see what we know, that Canada is the best country in the world.

i live on a beautiful lake and cant wait to sit with my husband, and a nice up of chai listening to the waves and watching the sail boats. Cant wait. :D

Kess

May 19, 2010
BC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2010
AOR Received.
09-30-2010
File Transfer...
07-09-2010
Med's Done....
25-05-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
11-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2011
LANDED..........
06-09-2011
My husband and I met over 6 years ago while playing an online video game. We met in person in 2005 when a bunch of friends from the game (from all over Canada and the US) decided to get together in Vegas. Since then we played other online games (including world of warcraft) and started dating about 2 years ago. Since we started dating we have not missed a day of talking to each other whether by text, email, IM, voip, or phone. We've been married just over two weeks now and really anxious to get all our paperwork together and submitted.

fallenstar831

Nov 8, 2009
St. Catharines, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2009
File Transfer...
22-12-2009
Med's Done....
12-11-2009
Passport Req..
02-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
02-22-2010
LANDED..........
03-25-2010
Congrats Kess, and good luck... what game did you meet on?

May 25, 2010
Indiana
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
11-06-2010
My wife and I met on World of Warcraft. I was in the top raiding guild on Arathor and she was in a Casual raiding guild. We both played Shadow Priests and she saw that I had top parses on world of logs and started asking me all kinds of questions to improve her performance. Days and weeks went by and we started a friendship which bloomed in to a relationship and then marriage. Now I am starting paperwork to immigrate up to Montreal and I can’t wait to start a new life with her in Canada. Kind of dorky I know but hey it’s 2010. :p

meairplane

May 8, 2010
Siberia
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2010
File Transfer...
02-06-2010
Med's Done....
27-12-2009
VISA ISSUED...
07-09-2010
What a beautiful touching thread! We can make a movie with these stories and get rich lol
My husband and I met 3 years ago on a cheesy dating website when he was 23 and I was 21. I was bored and sent him a message but he didn't even open it because his membership expired. 6 months later he broke his arm and had to stay home so he signed up to that website again. He messaged me right before I was going to delete my profile from that stupid dating place. And whoa! I was surprised to see his message and it turned out he never read my message I sent him over 6 months ago! Totally fate! So we started corresponding and then met in Moscow in 3 months. We were walking on the Red Square and he was skateboarding there and I ended up beaing arrested because I had no return airplane ticket on me! We had to bribe cops with the equivalent of 7 dollars because that's all we had in cash haha He almost missed his plane to Toronto when we had to leave for Canada. Lots of tears involved... He kept telling me it was too good to be true and the whole thing must be a joke and he was on a candid camera show:) Haha but here we are, having been married for almost 6 months now waiting for my visa. We went to England together so he could meet my mum (he hates England haha and loves Canada more now!). Then he came to marry me in Russia, his dad and my mum came too which meant a lot to us. Our families absolutely looooooove each other! At our wedding the people made him dance the traditional Russian dance - poor boy!:) We took him to the Russian style sauna and my cousins and friends made him roll in snow with him after the sauna:) Then he gave me a wedding present - he got my name tattoed on his leg. After spending 2 beautiful weeks as a married couple my husband flyed back home to Ontario. Haven't seen each other for almost 6 months now... But we know soon we'll be together and make up for all the time we were far away.
If a few years ago someone told me I would meet a Canadian boy and fall in love and marry him I would never believe that person and probably punch them in the face:) But you never know where life takes you. I'm so in love!

Kess

May 19, 2010
BC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2010
AOR Received.
09-30-2010
File Transfer...
07-09-2010
Med's Done....
25-05-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
11-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2011
LANDED..........
06-09-2011
fallenstar831 said:
Congrats Kess, and good luck... what game did you meet on?
Star Wars Galaxies... we fought against Imperial forces together :)

fallenstar831

Nov 8, 2009
St. Catharines, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2009
File Transfer...
22-12-2009
Med's Done....
12-11-2009
Passport Req..
02-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
02-22-2010
LANDED..........
03-25-2010
LOL! Awesome... my husband and I play CSS all the time xD

Nej

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tocanadafromindiana said:
My wife and I met on World of Warcraft. I was in the top raiding guild on Arathor and she was in a Casual raiding guild. We both played Shadow Priests and she saw that I had top parses on world of logs and started asking me all kinds of questions to improve her performance. Days and weeks went by and we started a friendship which bloomed in to a relationship and then marriage. Now I am starting paperwork to immigrate up to Montreal and I can't wait to start a new life with her in Canada. Kind of dorky I know but hey it's 2010. :p
My hubby got me into playing WOW last summer and now that we're married are still playing (taking a break for now, might get back into it when the expansion comes). We have 2 computers set up next to each other and raid together on Cenarius.

can_usa_97

May 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/13/2010
AOR Received.
09/07/2010 in process 9/2
File Transfer...
08/12/2010
Med's Request
Rcv'd dtd 10/18
Med's Done....
06/22/2010
Interview........
Waived dtd 10/18
Passport Req..
11/04/2010
VISA ISSUED...
11/16/2010
LANDED..........
06/18/2011
My husband and I met in a chatroom on mIRC in June 1997. He'd been talking to my cousin online here and there and I was using her name to chat as she'd been talking to someone quite a bit and wanted to be woken if that person messaged her- but she was napping on the couch.

He messaged my cousin as I said, they'd chatted a few times before but he saw her screen name with my info posted... 16/f/wi blah blah blah and wondered if it was her, or someone else. He was 19 at the time.

We chatted for about 4 hours that night, and I stayed at my cousins the next week and a half chatting to him whenever we could.
The following week I begged my uncle for a computer - my parents could not afford one.

Within 2 weeks I had one, and we resumed chatting / emailing. I dont' remember the specific point when our relationship sorta of took that turn where we were like, hmmm... perhaps we should meet. Hmm.

But in August of 97 he came to WI to visit me. He flew in, intending to stay just a few days, and ended up staying almost 2 weeks and instead of flying back, we took a Greyhound back to his home together, where I stayed until the end of September 1997.

In the last days of September my grandfather suddenly became very ill and passed away. Being apart became harder and so we started discussing how to be together sooner (he'd intended to move to WI in December 1997 when he graduated college- but that wasn't soon enough).

October 17, 1997 we were married at the courthouse in my hometown - none of his family or friends were there and just my mother, father, brother, grandmother and a family friend were at the ceremony.

I returned to Canada with him to finish schooling and he moved to WI/I returned December 22nd, 1997.

We've lived in WI since then and are married 13 years in October.

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
can_usa_97 said:
My husband and I met in a chatroom on mIRC in June 1997. He'd been talking to my cousin online here and there and I was using her name to chat as she'd been talking to someone quite a bit and wanted to be woken if that person messaged her- but she was napping on the couch.

He messaged my cousin as I said, they'd chatted a few times before but he saw her screen name with my info posted... 16/f/wi blah blah blah and wondered if it was her, or someone else. He was 19 at the time.

We chatted for about 4 hours that night, and I stayed at my cousins the next week and a half chatting to him whenever we could.
The following week I begged my uncle for a computer - my parents could not afford one.

Within 2 weeks I had one, and we resumed chatting / emailing. I dont' remember the specific point when our relationship sorta of took that turn where we were like, hmmm... perhaps we should meet. Hmm.

But in August of 97 he came to WI to visit me. He flew in, intending to stay just a few days, and ended up staying almost 2 weeks and instead of flying back, we took a Greyhound back to his home together, where I stayed until the end of September 1997.

In the last days of September my grandfather suddenly became very ill and passed away. Being apart became harder and so we started discussing how to be together sooner (he'd intended to move to WI in December 1997 when he graduated college- but that wasn't soon enough).

October 17, 1997 we were married at the courthouse in my hometown - none of his family or friends were there and just my mother, father, brother, grandmother and a family friend were at the ceremony.

I returned to Canada with him to finish schooling and he moved to WI/I returned December 22nd, 1997.

We've lived in WI since then and are married 13 years in October.
It is eerie how similar our stories are. We met in an mIRC chatroom in August 2007. He came to visit me in several times and then I went to visit him in Michigan and then we planned our move. I traveled to the States in October of 1998 and we got married. On October 30 2010 we have been married 12 years.

Canuckgirl

Apr 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2010
AOR Received.
19-05-2010
File Transfer...
16-06-2010
Passport Req..
05-08-2010
LANDED..........
31-08-2010
Nej said:
My hubby got me into playing WOW last summer and now that we're married are still playing (taking a break for now, might get back into it when the expansion comes). We have 2 computers set up next to each other and raid together on Cenarius.
Heh, my fiance and I met in WoW as well, a year after it came out. Good to hear we're not the only ones! We were hardcore raiders together for the past 2 years and we finally quit a few months ago - I think our lives are much healthier now :p But I am so glad that something meaningful and amazing came out of all that time spent staring at the screen!

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
(close to Toronto) Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
iarblue said:
Well when i go for a walk sit outside here in Brampton the best city in Canada lol.It is just so amazing to me.....I see people from every part of the world from the north to the south from the east to the west....it is so muliculutral it blows my mind....and its amazing how everyone adapts to life here fast....you watch children from other culutures and you laugh because they act no different from children of your own the parents love them the same,disipline them the same.
I think that there is beauty in everyone and it just goes to show on this forum no mater where your from you find love in the craziest places.I never thought i would find the love of my life in Brazil of all places so far away.
And Canada is growing by immigration standards 250000 people a year thats crazy.I was born here im a pure white Canadian but i could care less as long as you love people,treat people with respect,help others you can,and look inside, we live in the best country in the world.
To those who got your PR and to those who are trying LIVE LOVE LAUGH.
I too am from Brampton, when we immigrated here there were 19000 people in brampton , now at the 500000 mark certainly alot of different cultures..im portuguese...and of course you know that is what is spoken in Brazil but with cool accent lol like canadian english and britsh english