Interview........
waived-letter dated 27/07/2010
Passport Req..
20/09/2010
VISA ISSUED...
28/09/2010
LANDED..........
28/09/2010
I was visiting London and it was my first trip out of North America. My host (though something called couchsurfing.org) decided to throw a welcoming party for me at a local pub. 80 people showed up and Patrick was one of those people. We didn't talk the entire night, but he was the only one that caught my eye. A few nights later, there was another, smaller gathering of couchsurfers and he was there as well, but I still didn't say anything. But as I was leaving, I leaned over and whispered in his ear, "I think you're really cute" and then I left; Just to satisfy my need to have said something.

But he knew my host and we emailed a few times over the next several months. I was back in London on a three day layover (planned) before heading to Hungary for a month-long school programme. We met up and it just worked! His working holiday visa was up for England at the same time my schooling was finished so he met me in Hungary and we hitch-hiked through the Balkans for 3 weeks before he came home to Canada to train for a job in Ethiopia, and I came back to Kansas to do another semester of school. I went to Ethiopia for the last six weeks of his six months there and we traveled around overland on public buses into Somaliland and Djibouti.

That was a year and a half ago ago and now we're just waiting for my paperwork to go through. I'm lucky enough to be living in Canada while we wait!

djboinsk

Star Member
May 25, 2010
A Little Town In Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 26 2010-Sent Out
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 17 2010
LANDED..........
March 2011 !!! :):)
My husband and I met on Club Pogo 3 years ago. We both played in a league and got to know each other there. I was still very unhappily married and left my ex 1 week after meeting him. I had been waiting my whole life to find him. We met in person 6 months after we met online and got married Feb 20/2010. We are now in process of getting paperwork ready for PR.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
I met my husband a few days after my high school graduation in late May 2008. I got an email from a friend of mine which asked me to confirm I was their friend. Since I was, I clicked yes in the email. It brought me to a site called, myyearbook.com. I registered for the site because it looked different and fun. I ran across this feature that let you secretly admire someone. It would pop up a random picture of someone and you clicked yes or no to secretly admire them. I did this for about 30 minutes to an hour and after a while of not seeing anybody really cute, I just kept clicking the no button without even really paying attention to any of the members pictures. Well I kept clicking no when I noticed in the column on the side that showed the pictures of people and the choice you made for that person that there was indeed a cute boy in there. I had actually clicked no on him. I clicked on the picture again for it to bring his picture back up. I starred at it for a good minute or so and decided to click yes. Something told me that the moment I had clicked no on his picture that I had made a huge mistake so that is why I clicked back on his. I am so glad I felt that reaction as it helped me find the man of my dreams.

After I clicked yes, I sent a message to him. He got a notification saying he had a new secret admirerer and was given 12 pictures of random girls to chose from. Apparently he tells me, I was his first guess and he was right. He then messaged me back and we communicated on the site for a little while. Then he asked for my Yahoo IM screenname which I gave to him. We started communicating every night and then we began communicating on webcam as well. My now husband, asked for my phone number which I gave to him but asked that he leave me a voicemail instead so that I could get used to how his voice sounded. When I woke up, I had two voicemails. One said that he couldn't wait to hear from me that night and the other he called again to let me know my voice sounded cute. After that we talked every night or as often as possible. We kept communicating this way for about 6 months until he came to visit me for about 4 months with my family and I flew back with him to Canada where I have been staying on extensions ever since. We just married on May 28, 2010. We will be sending off our application in late June or early July. We are hoping for a smooth process and a chance to finally live a semi normal life together.