+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Just for fun

B

boyee6576

yes the leaving. I hate it. My husband and I cry like babies and it starts about 3 days before I leave. It seems you just get to enjoy being together then its time to go home. Its been a hard road and hopefully we will be together in a couple of months. I am shooting for August but wont hold my breath lol

gypsy494

Star Member
Apr 27, 2010
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2011
AOR Received.
08-11-2011
File Transfer...
24-01-2012
Med's Done....
12-10-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
21-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2012
LANDED..........
24-04-2012
What a great thread ;D .....love reading everyones storys.
We were on a yahoo chat with about 10 people talking several times a week and we started talking on the side. We were great friends and I was coming up to Ca to visit family and we met in person while I was there it was MAGIC. We started as a couple on that day 4 and a half yrs ago. The Falls is our half way meeting place were we have met many times so that is where we want to get married in a few months.

I

iarblue

Did you know that for years the Falls has had more honeymoons there than any other place in the world.I know we will all be with our loves soon,and i know it takes its toll on the nerves as i am a freak at this i have no patience what so ever lol.

B

boyee6576

I know what you mean iarblue. My last nerve is about to snap and then its off to the not so funny funny farm lol.. I guess I should take up another hobby rather than watching ecas lol.

I

iarblue

I swear to god that im about to loose my last set of marbles and mine has only been in since April, i think it would not be so bad if my wife was not asking if therre is any news everyday lol.

annabruce

Jan 15, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received: 01-11-2010
File Transfer...
09-10-2012 (Ottawa)
Med's Done....
30-11-2011, x-ray delayed (pregnancy), redone on August 31, 2012
I understand, iarblue. I haven't even submitted the app yet, and I am going nuts second guessing myself over the details of this application. I think I am going to wait until my wife get here and apply inland.

I

iarblue

I hear you i was married in april 2009 we could have done it then but like i said i made sure evrything was paid got forms for my child support making sure i was not a penny behind we just applied in feb this year....if i had of been smarter i would have dumped money in her account bought property there in her name and brought her here and done it lesson learned i guess.

B

boyee6576

If not for the extreme heat, I think it would have been easier just to move there. lol. If someone would have told me 8 years ago I would be in this position with someone I would go to hell and back for (thats what the waiting feels like) I would have laughed in their face. But anything worth having is worth the fight and the wait. Just hope I dont get committed before he gets here LOL

I

iarblue

Yeah i think if it was not for talking to people on here i would have already been there is a lot of great people on here i the same situation they know what your going through so it makes it a bit easier.

drawoh

Mar 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2010
File Transfer...
15-6-2010
Med's Done....
04-25-2010
I used to like this Asian girl and i use to asked her out and go dancing and stuff until the day she told me she was married, we continue to be friends and stuff back in 2009 i went to Philippines for work and she says that i should go to Cambodia and see Angkor Wat and why not met her family and she also comment that her sister could show me around. I took her number and email but never got in contact with her while i was there. Came back to Canada and send her an email apologizing for not contacting her and that lead to few emails a day then long chat session to call everyday. H appends that we are have the same personality and same goals and many things in common to make the story short 11 months after i marry her she is a great woman and i love her family. Now we are just waiting for the sponsorship approval.

I

iarblue

Well dra i wish you good luck and a happy long life for the both of you.Pull up a chair its a long trip on this bus.

rrdiggy76

Star Member
Apr 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2010
File Transfer...
18-08-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
I met my Wife in Banff, AB.

I was on a boy's snowboarding holiday, she was on a girl's snowboarding weekend away. We met the traditional way, across the bar! Rose and Crown pub, Banff Ave. Spent the weekend together snowboarding at Sunshine and Lake Louise and that was that.

Must have been the English accent... ;)

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
I met my husband the old-fashioned way - on the street. I was working in Taiwan from 2000 to 2005; he was in Taiwan off and on from 2000 to 2005 on business. One evening I was waiting at the bus stop around the corner from the school I was working at, which just happened to be across the street from his apartment. He and one of his roommates saw me and came over to chat. We exchanged phone numbers, and started going out together. After leaving Taiwan, we continued our relationship by phone, and finally got married in 2007 when I went to visit him in Nigeria.

fallenstar831

Nov 8, 2009
St. Catharines, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2009
File Transfer...
22-12-2009
Med's Done....
12-11-2009
Passport Req..
02-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
02-22-2010
LANDED..........
03-25-2010
rrdiggy76 said:
Must have been the English accent... ;)
Worked for me, my husband had me at hello :p

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
June 22, 10/August 31, 10 (to NYC)
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
:D I certainly understand the pain and stress and I also understand I am SOOO blessed that I am in a visa exempt country and just a 7.5hr drive away. I've been stressed with everything to the point it is taking a toll on my health, so we should all be careful to do things to help with the stress. For myself, I've taken up knitting again (I'm only in my mid 20s, lol, but it does help with the stress!). I did it some in college to help ease my mind..