Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 5th 2010
Passport Req..
July 19th 2010
LANDED..........
August 11, 2010
Yay! I love 'love stories' :)

Miguel and I were working together at a restaurant when we met. We started off as friends for the first few months, going out a lot with coworkers, stuff like that... One day it just hit me that I wanted to go out with him, and was determined to make that happen. (I can be pretty convincing when I want to be! lol) We all went out salsa dancing one night, and it happened from there! The only downside was that I had plans to move to Spain at the end of that summer and I knew that it would have to end. After a few cocktails one night (which always helps), I asked him if he wanted to come to Barcelona with me and he said yes! I moved out there in August and a month-ish later he showed up. We stayed there for a year and then came back to Texas. Almost 4 years later, we're still together, totally in love :-*

Now we're just waiting for all the immigration shenanigans to go through so we can have our next adventure in Canada!

Nej

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My hubby and I met on ChristianCafe.com during our free trials. I had a friend that kept bugging me to try it out and after 6 months I was like "okay". During that time, my hubby was listening to the radio and went to the station's website and found a link to CC and decided to try it. On one of the last days of my trial, I did a search but forgot to specify the location and my hubby's profile was one of the top ones that came up. After seeing he was from Canada, I was like "no that's too far away (I was living in Florida at the time) How would it ever work out?" But, I kwpt coming back to it and sent him a "wink" through the website's mail and the rest is history. After tons of phone calls, emails, IMs and 3 visits in less than a year, we were married. We knew we were the one for each other. :)

Silver_Spirit

Nov 25, 2008
Peterborough, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2010
Doc's Request.
27-03-2010
File Transfer...
16-03-2010
Med's Done....
10-02-2010
Passport Req..
02-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2010
LANDED..........
17-07-2010
Aww bless everyone has such sweet stories!

I met my husband in a Role Play Game chatroom, his character was hurt from a fight and my weak side gave in n went to help him, after that i saw him around a lot and we started chatting through emails and MSN, took two years before we finally started dating (because i got fed up of waiting and asked him out myself!) and then we met up in person a year later. Now its almost 6 years later and we'll hopefully be living in canada soon!!

Nej

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anyone happen to play world of warcraft? my hubby and I raid together on the cenarius server.

racoon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2010
Visa Office......
Vagerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is such a nice and relaxing post

javcil

Star Member
Mar 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/01/2010
AOR Received.
01/03/2010
File Transfer...
04/02/2010
Med's Done....
11/12/2009
Interview........
21/04/2010
Passport Req..
21/04/2010
VISA ISSUED...
22/04/2010
LANDED..........
16/07/2010
I met my husband while playing a silly Facebook game. I was recently separated and was just having a little fun chatting with people on 'Compare Hotness' (yes, it IS as silly as it sounds). 6 months later I was on a plane traveling half way around the world to meet him in person. Me, who has never traveled more than 100 km from home by myself!!! Neither of us were looking for anything serious at the beginning ... he wanted some practice with his English; I was happy to have someone from another culture/country to talk with (I was fascinated by this). But ... I'm so happy I took the chance and got on that plane :-*

edwin1266

Star Member
Jul 27, 2009
davao city
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC- Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 19, 2010
LANDED..........
dec 23, 2010
hello!
i would like also to share our love story ;)

" a Family Plays Together, Stays Forever "

i met my wife in school where we both teaching here in the Philippines. I'm the Band Master and she was then my Band Coordinator. whenever we had a band competition/ band engagement/invitations, we been always together sharing our Ideas and support each other plans.
As a Band Master/Choreographer at the same time, my wife also act as a Critic where she could see which move/formations i made that is not fit in my music. She has a lot of brilliant ideas which easy for me to make another choreograph.
Until we got married and blessed with 3 lovely children and became also a member of the marching Band Lol ;D
my wife resigned in her carrier and move to Canada in 2005 ,
last Nov. 2008 I organized my own band. my eldest daughter 15yo Bass guitar, son 14yo lead guitar and my youngest daughter 12yo vocalist/keyboardist/drummer.
we been praying to God that few mos from now we will be receiving our Permanent Residence Visa and we can be reunited with their mom.

chitotolo

Mar 5, 2010
Angola
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Destiny or coincidence... you decide:

Nine years ago, I told a friend of mine that the next girl I'm gonna be in a relationship with will be my wife. Despite several attempts of finding love, I didn't find one for seven years. I was lonely and wondering if I'm gonna be single for the rest of my life. But I did find some refuge in my faith. One day my brother-in-law gave me his friends email address, I did say hi one or two times but that was it. After several months, I saw her go online in yahoo messenger and I said hi again, which led to a very lengthy conversation. Both of us are Filipinos but she is in Canada and I was in the Philippines. She asked my one day when I will come to Canada, I said "in two years... around 2010" although I didn't have any clue on how I could get myself there. We started chatting regularly, which developed to phone calls and video calls and before we knew it, we were in love with each other.

3 months passed and I got hired to work in Angola and the first thing I did was to make sure I have internet. We continued on with our online relationship, and we were getting alot of negative feed back from friends and family because of our "unusual" relationship (I know this is common now, but what can you expect from a traditional society like the Philippines). We managed to hold on and one year after we started talking to each other, we met in person in Manila. And exactly one year after we started our online relationship, we got engaged. 21 days after, we got married and 2 weeks later, we had to accept the harsh reality that she will be going back to Canada and me to Africa. It was hard but we had to endure. Fast forward to the present... 2 years after we started talking to each other, my visa is already in the mail and I'm expecting it to arrive sometime within the next couple of days.... hopefully on Sunday, March 21.... our first wedding anniversary.

One other thing, back when my wife was still working in Chile, a friend of hers took her hand and examined her palm, then said... "You will find your soul mate, but you will not be together for sometime". I'm a very religious person, but you decide... destiny or coincedence...

sogwap

Feb 18, 2010
Indiana
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My wife and I met three years ago on the Sexless Marriage forum. ;)

midwifemia

Sep 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/12/2009
File Transfer...
25/01/2010
Med's Done....
27/10/2009
Passport Req..
08/04/2010
VISA ISSUED...
26/04/2010
LANDED..........
01/05/2010
What a lot of lovely stories!

I got divorced in 2005 and after a couple of very difficult years decided in 2007 that I needed a break from everything. My very good friend was leaving the UK to go back home to Canada to get married and told me I should follow her, so I started looking into it and discovered that - at that time - you could get a working holiday visa up till the age of 35 (I was 33 and too old for most other places) so I called the visa bureau to find out more. He told me that all the visas would be gone by the end of the week so I should apply now, so I did!

I had no idea what I was going to do in Canada, but thought that I might as well learn something new so decided to work in a ski resort, since I'd never skied before. I picked Banff because it was within driving distance of my friend in Edmonton and thought that if I hated it, at least I could decamp to her place! I arrived and got a job within a week at Sunshine Village.

On our first day's training, I spotted a young guy in a bright green jacket (I LOVE green) whose face was white as a sheet. He kept falling asleep and then running off to vomit throughout the day - it was the morning after Halloween! - and I was horrified when I found out that he was in my department. "I have to work with THAT?!" But over the coming weeks we became good friends as I discovered that he wasn't really a big drinker (hence the terrible hangover!) and he was gentle and kind. He was only 18 however, and though I suspected he fancied me, I never considered him boyfriend material obviously. We both had disastrous and brief relationships with other people while we were there, and it was to each other we turned to for support and advice. On his 19th birthday we went out and we kissed - but as far as I was concerned it was just a birthday present! Nothing more happened but we developed a routine of meeting for a big hug in the kitchen before work, which was always the best part of my day. We eventually got 'banned' by our boss from hugging at work, which made us hug all the more behind her back! After the season finished he went back to Ontario, where he's from, and I made arrangements to come and visit my cousin, who lives about an hour away from him, and then on to his house for a 10 day visit. The moment we saw each other again we hugged for an age, held hands in the car all the way home and we've been inseparable ever since. The 15 year age gap doesn't bother us at all!

annabruce

Jan 15, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received: 01-11-2010
File Transfer...
09-10-2012 (Ottawa)
Med's Done....
30-11-2011, x-ray delayed (pregnancy), redone on August 31, 2012
bump. I lost track of this post I started. A few replies were posted after I lost track. Thanks. Nice stories! Hope they all continue happily.

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Oh you guys, such wonderful love stories. It is so relaxing reading the ways you all met your loved ones and forgetting about immigration for a little white :)

Our story too is quite unusual but internet hook-up this day and age is indeed quite common.

We met on a gay website called adam4adam. I was cruising the website for fun sakes without the intention of doing anything. Actually, it was a 'study break' since I was under pressure at that time with university assignments and projects. I was too sick and tired of all the guys on the website because they all had only one common interest which was 'sex' and I figured I will just not message anyone. They too were like people on a Facebook profile whom you don't quite talk to.

One evening while cruising I saw this unique picture and user ID which I have never seen. So, I decided to message that individual with the intention that I wouldn't even get a response because of lack of information on my profile. A few days later when I logged back onto the website I got a response from the person I had already forgotten I'd message. It was a vague message but I responded eventually and it continued back and forth every day for a few days.

We decided to exchange MSN adds. On our first live conversation, I was very judgmental of him and thought he was of Indian/Pakistani decent which led to the "guessing my ethnic background" game. Little did we both know we were from the same ethnic background. Our conversation became even more interesting and that same night we exchanged phone numbers. We talked for about 15 mins over the phone and decided over MSN that we should hook up the following say since he had it off from work.

Something I would never do but I still went ahead and said YES to meeting up with someone I barely even know.

We met up the following day for a hook-up (sex) which ended into a 4-5 hour conversation about everything we could possibly think of over a few glasses of wine. Later into the evening, we kissed and did nothing else.

It was getting late so I had to run. I had the intention that it was just a hook up and nothing else because I felt as if there wasn't any chemistry between us and I wasn't too certain about my sexuality either.

The next day we talked for hours over the phone and the conversations continued as days passed by. We met up again that same week and only made out .... as time went by, our meetings became more frequent and by the time I realized he was madly in love with me.

10 months later, I got notice from CIC that they were going to deport me from Canada because I have been rejected as a refugee and PRRA claimant.

Very difficult time and decisions we had to make during this short time span. We were either going to cut off our relationship and let me move on or get married. Our love for each other was too strong that we couldn't picture ending our relationship for good so we decided to get married.

Luck was on my side and I got stayed on my deportation order which allowed us to work stronger on our relationship. We spent a lot of time together and later bought our own condo. Lived with him for about 10 more months into our marriage and had to leave Canada.

Now, we are in the process of getting CIC to grant me a PR visa to go back and spend the rest of our lives together.

I really miss him and can't wait to see him in June and August this year :)

gillespiedc

Star Member
May 22, 2010
Zhuhai, China
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
An Australian friend and I co-founded a social photography club and planned an event to tour around on a charter bus and take photos. We had maybe 20 photography enthusiasts, and 6 or 8 lovely girls who wanted to model for us. The night before the event, my friend ran into Hellen and invited her to come and model for us. At that time her English was not up to par, and she thought he invited her to go out hiking. Needless to say, she wore old clothes, no makeup, and I thought she was with this other Chinese guy that she was hanging out with.

After the photo tour we all went to a restaurant for dinner and we got talking, her with 20% English, me with 20% Chinese, and managed to set up a date to take photos the following week. Three months later we were married :)

By the way, we met on November 11th... Lest We Forget!

B

boyee6576

My husband was my penpal. :D

I met my husband on Christianet.com Dec, 28, 2002 . I was looking for penpals only just to see how others live in other parts of the world something to do on my spare time. I was looking for female penpals, since I was not looking for anything romantic so I didnt respond to emails from guys. But one day I got this email from a man in India that didnt say anything special but for some reason I felt compelled to write back. We wrote back and forth and became penpals and then it just started to go into a direction I was not expecting nor was I looking for. We couldnt get enough of each other. We were constantly chatting falling asleep at the computer texting each other from work. It was nonstop. We had to see each other. He tried to come in 2004 but was rejected couldnt prove the ties thingy. I was terrified of planes and had nightmares since I was a kid of plane crashes and almost phobic. But in March 2006 enough was enough. I tossed my fear aside and went to India. I had never been on a plane before and yet here I was going halfway around the world alone. When the plane landed my heart was in my throat. It was like a dream state when I heard him yell my name and this man with the most beautiful smile I had ever seen was looking at me. My heart jumped, finally we were face to face. It seemed as if no one else was in the airport in Delhi but the two of us. It was the most amazing moment in our life. I went back two years later and we were married on Aug 14,2008. We have suffered alot because of our love. I have been disowned by 2 of my sisters because of my husbands race. My parents are not like that they are happy for us and are anxious to meet him. He is an amazing man and truely my better half, the fact that he is gorgeous is only a bonus ;)

I

iarblue

me oh it was funny.I was online lavalife i believe,she was on there looking and i was too we talked a bit well days actually.Then i met another girl on there and we were kinda just hanging out once in a while but as it was i stopped emailing my now wife as much as i was.She got upset then stopped emailing,cried to her mother that i had stopped and for some reason i was on the internet and realized she was gone.
I messaged her and we talked i called her talked for hours my phone bill was crazy.
I was kinda thinking well Brazil wow that is far but god she was beautiful.we planned our marriage i flew there got to the airport and there she was i was speechless,god she was so beautiful.she ran jumped imn my arms that was 14 months ago i just got back from celebrating my 1st anniversary in Brazil with her.So here we are waiting with the rest of you beautiful people.But she still in Brazil i had to come back home and leave her there again :(