+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June/July 2019: Anyone who submitted the passport to CPC Ottawa

andygill11

May 5, 2018
Gives us hope. Will call them today about the status as well.
Update: Just called them and they confirmed that my passport was received by the officer on 29th July (was Delivered on 17th July) and is currently in the printing room and will be mailed back once that's done. They said it wouldn't take long, maybe a couple of days to a max of 2wks. They also said it may or may not show any updates on CIC given that the application is in the final stage but, they did mention I may see something once my application is marked as "closed" (which is "open" right now)
Will update you guys if I get any other updates on CIC. Thanks for all the help and support on this journey so far.

PS: I really like how kind and helpful the phone agents are :)

Devesh610

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
Congrats Andy,

Just had a quick quesiton if you could help.

Are you in USA (Outside India) and have sent the passport to 365 Laurier Ave, making you an FSW-O?

My passport was delivered on 19th July, just trying to analyse where the same would've been stuck.

Update: Just called them and they confirmed that my passport was received by the officer on 29th July (was Delivered on 17th July) and is currently in the printing room and will be mailed back once that's done. They said it wouldn't take long, maybe a couple of days to a max of 2wks. They also said it may or may not show any updates on CIC given that the application is in the final stage but, they did mention I may see something once my application is marked as "closed" (which is "open" right now)
Will update you guys if I get any other updates on CIC. Thanks for all the help and support on this journey so far.

PS: I really like how kind and helpful the phone agents are :)

andygill11

May 5, 2018
Congrats Andy,

Just had a quick quesiton if you could help.

Are you in USA (Outside India) and have sent the passport to 365 Laurier Ave, making you an FSW-O?

My passport was delivered on 19th July, just trying to analyse where the same would've been stuck.
Hi Devesh,
I applied via express entry as a FSW and I am not in "Canada", so Outland. If you are in "Canada" and applied as FSW then you are inland. I believe the processing time is same for both.

llylulu

Mar 20, 2019
Update!
PPR: Jul 8
Passport sent to CPC-Ottawa: Jul 9
Delivered: Jul 10
Application Approved: Jul 26 (according to MyCIC portal)
The passport was sent to the mailroom for visa printing: Jul 23 (according to a CIC agent) which means Jul 10 is the date when my passport got delivered but it took them 13 days to actually open my envelope and process.
Return Tracker Activated: Jul 30
CoPR Received: Jul 31

I live in Toronto and applied through CEC. Hope this helps.

Now for those who arranged an interview lately, how far in the future will the interview be scheduled?

Devesh610

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
Yeah Andy,

Understood that, Am an FSW - O too, (Indian in USA), and my passport was delivered to the same address I mentioned (365 Laurier) on July 19th. I just wanted to confirm if you were an FSW too .. I think my case would have the same flow as yours soon as my passport delivery date differs from yours by just a couple days.

Hi Devesh,
I applied via express entry as a FSW and I am not in "Canada", so Outland. If you are in "Canada" and applied as FSW then you are inland. I believe the processing time is same for both.

aparajit505

Star Member
Jul 18, 2019
Update!
PPR: Jul 8
Passport sent to CPC-Ottawa: Jul 9
Delivered: Jul 10
Application Approved: Jul 26 (according to MyCIC portal)
The passport was sent to the mailroom for visa printing: Jul 23 (according to a CIC agent) which means Jul 10 is the date when my passport got delivered but it took them 13 days to actually open my envelope and process.
Return Tracker Activated: Jul 30
CoPR Received: Jul 31

I live in Toronto and applied through CEC. Hope this helps.

Now for those who arranged an interview lately, how far in the future will the interview be scheduled?
6 weeks based on what I've been told. Could be sooner if they have availability

andygill11

May 5, 2018
Yeah Andy,

Understood that, Am an FSW - O too, (Indian in USA), and my passport was delivered to the same address I mentioned (365 Laurier) on July 19th. I just wanted to confirm if you were an FSW too .. I think my case would have the same flow as yours soon as my passport delivery date differs from yours by just a couple days.
Oh yes, I am an FSW-O and yup :)