+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<<<<<<<< June AOR 2023 Thread >>>>>>>>>>

Rony97

Mar 21, 2022
Hello guys, Recently it came into my knowledge that my father applied for us visa in 2014 for my whole family including me and it was refused. I totally forgot about that and at that time I was 17. I have already submitted my PR and I might have forgot to mention this in the application. Should I submit a webform clearing this including a letter? It's already 1 month since I got my aor and my background is in progress and eligibility is shown as completed. Please suggest guys

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello guys, Recently it came into my knowledge that my father applied for us visa in 2014 for my whole family including me and it was refused. I totally forgot about that and at that time I was 17. I have already submitted my PR and I might have forgot to mention this in the application. Should I submit a webform clearing this including a letter? It's already 1 month since I got my aor and my background is in progress and eligibility is shown as completed. Please suggest guys
Do it ASAP.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Yes I got acknowledgement of receipt of my application, but that's not AOR, I guess.. biometrics are not updated...
You are good. AOR = Acknowledgement of receipt.

I'm not sure if you are outland or Inland? Your biometrics will only be automatically linked if you are inland (post R10 pass I guess). If you are outland, you'll get MEP and BIL, after which you'll visit VFS to submit your biometrics. What stage are you at?

p.sejal17

Aug 17, 2019
You are good. AOR = Acknowledgement of receipt.

I'm not sure if you are outland or Inland? Your biometrics will only be automatically linked if you are inland (post R10 pass I guess). If you are outland, you'll get MEP and BIL, after which you'll visit VFS to submit your biometrics. What stage are you at?
Ohh, AOR is that..!???I didn't know that... I got that on the day of submission on June 22. I'm inland CEC with spouse inland. We did upfront medical this May 20. However, it was exempt but I couldn't pay attention that email and I came to know that we didn't suppose to do medical again just the next day. My biometrics were done in 2019 and spouse 2022.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Ohh, AOR is that..!???I didn't know that... I got that on the day of submission on June 22. I'm inland CEC with spouse inland. We did upfront medical this May 20. However, it was exempt but I couldn't pay attention that email and I came to know that we didn't suppose to do medical again just the next day. My biometrics were done in 2019 and spouse 2022.
I see. Yes, the AOR is the official document that confirms that IRCC has received your application and begun processing it.

It sounds like you may have made a mistake by doing an upfront medical exam when you were exempt from doing one. IRCC has a temporary public policy in place that exempts certain inland CEC applicants from having to do a medical exam. If you are eligible for this exemption, you will need to provide the unique medical identifier number (UMID) from your previous medical exam.

You can find more information about the temporary public policy for inland CEC applicants on the IRCC website.

I would recommend that you contact IRCC as soon as possible to let them know that you have made a mistake. They will be able to advise you on how to proceed.

I hope this information is helpful.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Yes, if you got acknowledgement or receipt, you have your AOR. I guess you'll have to wait till your CANXXX number updates to UCIXXX in GCKey to use the tracker.

Reactions: SareenaShah

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Yes, if you got acknowledgement or receipt, you have your AOR. I guess you'll have to wait till your CANXXX number updates to UCIXXX in GCKey to use the tracker.
Yes, that's right. The AOR is the acknowledgement of receipt, and it is the first official document that you will receive from IRCC. It will include your application number, which you will need to use to track the progress of your application.

The UCIXXX number is your Unique Client Identifier, and it is used to track your application in the IRCC system. It is not always updated immediately, so you may need to wait a few days before it appears in your GCKey account.

I understand that you may be concerned about having done an upfront medical exam when you were exempt from doing one. However, I do not think that this will be a problem. IRCC will be able to see that you were exempt from the medical exam, and they will not penalize you for having done one.

I would recommend that you wait a few days and then contact IRCC to let them know that you have done an upfront medical exam when you were exempt from doing one. They will be able to advise you on how to proceed.

p.sejal17

Aug 17, 2019
I see. Yes, the AOR is the official document that confirms that IRCC has received your application and begun processing it.

It sounds like you may have made a mistake by doing an upfront medical exam when you were exempt from doing one. IRCC has a temporary public policy in place that exempts certain inland CEC applicants from having to do a medical exam. If you are eligible for this exemption, you will need to provide the unique medical identifier number (UMID) from your previous medical exam.

You can find more information about the temporary public policy for inland CEC applicants on the IRCC website.

I would recommend that you contact IRCC as soon as possible to let them know that you have made a mistake. They will be able to advise you on how to proceed.

I don't think so that exemption is the compulsion. It's for low risk inland applicants to reduce the strain on their healthcare system. This is just for 24 months only. Also, they can revoke it whenever they want. And even if they get my old e-Medical, they can still make re-medical request.

But still I would confirm with them about my case.

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
I don't think so that exemption is the compulsion. It's for low risk inland applicants to reduce the strain on their healthcare system. This is just for 24 months only. Also, they can revoke it whenever they want. And even if they get my old e-Medical, they can still make re-medical request.

But still I would confirm with them about my case.
That's a good point. The temporary public policy for inland CEC applicants is not a requirement, and IRCC may still request that you provide a medical exam.
It is always a good idea to confirm with IRCC about your case. I hope that everything works out for you.

Raulf

Star Member
Aug 27, 2021
Hey Guys, Hope everybody gets their PR soon!

AOR - 13th June
Medicals Passed - 26th June
Biometrics Done - 30th June
Eligibility - Not started
Background CHeck - In Progress

Also I want to ask 1 Question, I hope someone who knows about this can answer me. Is it okay to just change the Primary NOC code completely and show a different work experience ? The thing is, I had vast amount of work experiences in both these different NOC codes, but getting letter from 1 employer was easier than the other one. So I just changed the NOC code post ITA and provided LOE explaining exaclty that. So this would be fine , right ?? Just worried, a bit curious, thats all.
While changing Primary NOC please ensure that you have the same equivalent years of experience as the previous one, CRS points may change based on years of experience.
From on 28th June 2023, IRCC started their NOC specific draw. For those who got ITA under such draw have to be cautious before making changes.

Last edited:

hardeep_khalsa

Nov 7, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-06-2019
While changing Primary NOC please ensure that you have the same equivalent years of experience as the previous one, CRS points may change based on years of experience.
From on 28th June 2023, IRCC started their NOC specific draw. For those who got ITA under such draw have to be cautious before making changes.
Yes My scores remained exactly the same, as I had 3+ years in both my previous and current NOC codes. My Biometrics and Medicals are completed, now let's see how long it wud take to complete Background and eligibility, Eligibility hasn't started yet.

Reactions: Raulf

SareenaShah

May 10, 2023
Is anyone aware of whether the old GCKey portal and the new IRCC portal make any difference in the processing of our application?

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Is anyone aware of whether the old GCKey portal and the new IRCC portal make any difference in the processing of our application?
The old GCKey portal and the new IRCC portal are essentially the same, and they will not make any difference in the processing of your application.
The old GCKey portal was the previous version of the IRCC portal, and it was used to submit immigration applications to IRCC. The new IRCC portal is the current version of the portal, and it is also used to submit immigration applications to IRCC.

The main difference between the two portals is that the new IRCC portal is more user-friendly and it has a number of new features, such as the ability to track the progress of your application online. However, the old GCKey portal is still functional, and you can still use it to submit your immigration application to IRCC.

So, whether you use the old GCKey portal or the new IRCC portal, it will not make any difference in the processing of your application. Your application will be processed in the same way, regardless of which portal you use.

Here are some of the benefits of using the new IRCC portal:
  • It is more user-friendly and easier to navigate.
  • It has a number of new features, such as the ability to track the progress of your application online.
  • It is more secure.
If you are applying for an immigration program, I recommend that you use the new IRCC portal. It is the most up-to-date version of the portal, and it has a number of benefits over the old GCKey portal.

However, if you are already using the old GCKey portal, you do not need to switch to the new IRCC portal. Your application will still be processed in the same way, regardless of which portal you use.

Reactions: SareenaShah