NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
July 08, 2023
AOR Received.
July 08, 2023
Med's Done....
June 08,2023
Hi all,

Posted in some other threads but no one has replied as of now. Don't know if this is the right thread or not but posting in hope someone replies.

I will be submitting my e-APR in June. I have two doubts :

1. The reference letter from my company states below job duties :
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieving Sales in and Sales through targets including revenue generation
- Distribution/channel partner handling
- Trade markets visit and handling customer requirement
- Manage both Philips Lighting and EcoLink brands for the assigned territory.

I had given NOC 60020 - Retail and Wholesale trade managers in my EE profile but now i have confusion between NOC 60020 and NOC 60010 (Corporate Sales managers).

Can anyone clarify this? Is 60020 the right NOC?

2. I have the funds required for PR but only for past 2 months. Once this month completes it will be 3 months. I am thinking of submitting balance confirmation letter form bank along with 3 month bank statements. Is this enough ?

Any suggestions and replies are appreciated.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hi all,

Posted in some other threads but no one has replied as of now. Don't know if this is the right thread or not but posting in hope someone replies.

I will be submitting my e-APR in June. I have two doubts :

1. The reference letter from my company states below job duties :
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieving Sales in and Sales through targets including revenue generation
- Distribution/channel partner handling
- Trade markets visit and handling customer requirement
- Manage both Philips Lighting and EcoLink brands for the assigned territory.

I had given NOC 60020 - Retail and Wholesale trade managers in my EE profile but now i have confusion between NOC 60020 and NOC 60010 (Corporate Sales managers).

Can anyone clarify this? Is 60020 the right NOC?

2. I have the funds required for PR but only for past 2 months. Once this month completes it will be 3 months. I am thinking of submitting balance confirmation letter form bank along with 3 month bank statements. Is this enough ?

Any suggestions and replies are appreciated.
1. Go with a NOC code that matches 70% of your responsibilities. Pick the one that fits the best or book an hour's call with a lawyer to confirm best matching NOC. The reason why most won't suggest anything is that the choice is subjective to an individual's perception. Use the 70% matching rule as your guiding star.
2. People have used 3 months to show POF and have received their PRs. The idea behind POF is that you should have your own money to sustain in Canada, and it isn't borrowed. Since it is your own money, it isn't going to create a big issue. People also show gift deeds as POF that are received a week or month ago too, and IRCC gives those a pass too. Make sure that you are looking at the updated POF requirements on IRCC (I think there's a date after which they apply, but check those out just in case).

Masked Maverick

Star Member
Jun 17, 2023
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
July 08, 2023
AOR Received.
July 08, 2023
Med's Done....
June 08,2023
1. Go with a NOC code that matches 70% of your responsibilities. Pick the one that fits the best or book an hour's call with a lawyer to confirm best matching NOC. The reason why most won't suggest anything is that the choice is subjective to an individual's perception. Use the 70% matching rule as your guiding star.
2. People have used 3 months to show POF and have received their PRs. The idea behind POF is that you should have your own money to sustain in Canada, and it isn't borrowed. Since it is your own money, it isn't going to create a big issue. People also show gift deeds as POF that are received a week or month ago too, and IRCC gives those a pass too. Make sure that you are looking at the updated POF requirements on IRCC (I think there's a date after which they apply, but check those out just in case).

Thanks for your response iSaidGoodDay. NOC is surely very subjective. I have two final queries:

Regarding work history, I have two companies where I have combined 4.9 years of work experience (2.9+2 years respectively) - 2016-2021.

1. I have created two notarized affidavits from former colleagues for my first company because HR refused to provide a reference letter. Since the HR reference letter of my second company is not matching any NOCs, do you think its better to create one affidavit for the second company too on top of HR letter to strengthen the case? or will it be too many affidavits for my work history?

2. I showed my current company's experience too in my EE profile but they are not providing a reference letter. I have decided to shift the current experience to my personal history since it doesn't reduce my CRS and FSW points, DO you think it's the right call?

Thanks

P.S. : W.r.t the updated POF requirements, I have enough funds.

Last edited:

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Thanks for your response iSaidGoodDay. NOC is surely very subjective. I have two final queries:

Regarding work history, I have two companies where I have combined 4.9 years of work experience (2.9+2 years respectively) - 2016-2021.

1. I have created two notarized affidavits from former colleagues for my first company because HR refused to provide a reference letter. Since the HR reference letter of my second company is not matching any NOCs, do you think its better to create one affidavit for the second company too on top of HR letter to strengthen the case? or will it be too many affidavits for my work history?

2. I showed my current company's experience too in my EE profile but they are not providing a reference letter. I have decided to shift the current experience to my personal history since it doesn't reduce my CRS and FSW points, DO you think it's the right call?

Thanks

P.S. : W.r.t the updated POF requirements, I have enough funds.
1. Affidavits are odd. I personally don't feel they are required, many others who didn't do it either feel the same: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/work-reference-letter-notarization-issue.507487/post-10511395 If you have affidavits, you should be more than fine though. Attach email communication with HR where they denied a reference letter to your employment reference PDF if you want to.
2. I moved my spouse's entire work exp to personal history. But as a primary applicant, I kept everything in employment. If you can find credible evidence that this works (on the forum), do it.

Masked Maverick

Star Member
Jun 17, 2023
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
July 08, 2023
AOR Received.
July 08, 2023
Med's Done....
June 08,2023
1. Affidavits are odd. I personally don't feel they are required, many others who didn't do it either feel the same: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/work-reference-letter-notarization-issue.507487/post-10511395 If you have affidavits, you should be more than fine though. Attach email communication with HR where they denied a reference letter to your employment reference PDF if you want to.
2. I moved my spouse's entire work exp to personal history. But as a primary applicant, I kept everything in employment. If you can find credible evidence that this works (on the forum), do it.
Thanks for your response.

Mscman

Jun 18, 2023
PEI PNP EE Inland

ITA: May 24
AOR: June 7
ME: June 15
Bio: June 15 (it shows biometrics number on application but tracker still shows in progress, does that mean it’s completed?)
Background check shows in progress, eligibility not started.

my friend’s timeline
ITA: May 24
AOR: June
ME: June 15
Bio: June 15 (biometrics required), June 16 did biometrics and updated on profile same day, tracker still shows in progress.
Background check shows in progress, eligibility not started.

what will be next step and what is usual time for background check?

payal bhavsar

Star Member
Mar 24, 2023
I think that’s the first eligibility status that shows up when you just apply. Is your UCI still in CAN format or has it been updated? That’s the first check for completeness, if it passes then your UCI would be updated to the 11 digit and the CAN prefix removed. You can update us when that happens for you, mine hasn’t been updated yet
UCI number is 10 digit.... is it right...? .... you told 11 digit....

Atif Ben

Mar 12, 2017
Update in my profile
Biometrics Date now showing up
UCI Updated as well
I gave biometrics back in 2019 so that is why I think it got updated

PNP- Outland
NOC: 21311 - Computer Engineers Except Software
ITA - Apr 12
Submitted - June 09 2023
AOR - June 09 2023
Biometrics - Jun 19 2023

Hwasa19

Jun 10, 2023
Im curious. Do you get the updates thru email or do you sign in on your account to see it? Ive been checking my email all the time and its so hard not to be anxious

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Im curious. Do you get the updates thru email or do you sign in on your account to see it? Ive been checking my email all the time and its so hard not to be anxious
I understand that it can be very anxiety-inducing to constantly check your email for updates on your immigration application.

Here are a few tips for managing your anxiety while you wait for updates on your immigration application:
  • Set aside a specific time each day to check your email. This will help you to avoid checking your email constantly throughout the day.
  • Try to focus on other things during the day. This will help you to take your mind off of your immigration application.
  • Talk to someone about how you're feeling. Talking to someone can help you to feel less alone and can also help you to manage your anxiety.
If you find that you are unable to manage your anxiety on your own, you may want to consider seeking professional help. A therapist can help you to develop coping mechanisms for dealing with anxiety and can also provide you with support.

I hope these tips are helpful. Please know that you are not alone in this and that there are people who can help you.

Reactions: Hwasa19

JanJJ

Aug 14, 2019
Inland AINP
AOR: June 16th

I submitted my profile June 15th. AOR and submission date showing the 16th. My IELTS results expired on June 16th. Am I in trouble with the AOR being the same as the IELTS expiry date?

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Inland AINP
AOR: June 16th

I submitted my profile June 15th. AOR and submission date showing the 16th. My IELTS results expired on June 16th. Am I in trouble with the AOR being the same as the IELTS expiry date?
No, you are not in trouble with the AOR being the same as the IELTS expiry date. The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will accept your application as long as your IELTS results were valid on the day you submitted your application.

The AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt) is a document that IRCC sends to you to confirm that they have received your application. The AOR date is the date that IRCC received your application.

In your case, you submitted your application on June 15th and your IELTS results expired on June 16th. However, the AOR date is June 16th. This means that your IELTS results were valid on the day you submitted your application.

As a result, you are not in trouble and your application will be processed as usual.

I hope this information is helpful.

JanJJ

Aug 14, 2019
No, you are not in trouble with the AOR being the same as the IELTS expiry date. The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will accept your application as long as your IELTS results were valid on the day you submitted your application.

The AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt) is a document that IRCC sends to you to confirm that they have received your application. The AOR date is the date that IRCC received your application.

In your case, you submitted your application on June 15th and your IELTS results expired on June 16th. However, the AOR date is June 16th. This means that your IELTS results were valid on the day you submitted your application.

As a result, you are not in trouble and your application will be processed as usual.

I hope this information is helpful.
Very Helpful! Thank you

Reactions: Raptor33