Biometrics completed: 27 June 2023
Eligibility completed: July 03 2023
BVL: July 03,2023
Document number updated in tracker: July 04,2023
PPR: Not yet

Dhillon96

Star Member
Jun 30, 2023
Please help and answer my question if you can, I had applied for my 16 years old brother and 19 years old sister through new portal, I applied for 4 months stay visit visa but can I change my brother’s stay to 5 weeks as he is in 12th grade and he only gets leave for 5 weeks from school even he could get more days off but do you think it makes file stronger, can I send a webform to change dates for my brother’s stay as I don’t want the refusal, please if anyone can help Thank you.

Ali2032

Star Member
May 21, 2023
COR: Pakistan
Applied: 12 June 2023
BIL: 12 June 2023
Biometrics completed: 27 June 2023
Eligibility completed: July 03 2023
BVL: July 03,2023
Document number updated in tracker: July 04,2023
PPR: Not yet
I applied on 14 april
Biometric completed 18 april
Bvl received 17 may
eligibilty completed and background in progress on tracker.
There is visa number and expiry date on tracker
Still waiting for ppr

bsandy

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Toronto
Hello everyone,

i have applied for visitor visa for my mother in law (from wife s IRCC account and she is the representative) via the new portal. Here is our timeline:
Submission- June 22
Biometrics collection- June 23
Biometrics completed- June 28
Background check started - June 23 ( in progress )
Eligibility started- June 30 ( Guessing)
Eligibility completed- July3 ( IRCC tracker Portal)
BVL and PPR- Not yet

Can anyone confirm once eligibility is completed ,how many days to receive a ppr or as some people say that the tracker portal will contain the visa details like expiry and document number.

kindly suggest what could be the outcome, once eligibility is completed.
Thank u in advance

Reactions: Qamar gujjar

Sarjaria84

Oct 9, 2020
Hello,

My retired parents' visitor visa application was rejected on 15 June 2023. Below is the snapshot from the GCMS notes. please guide me on the below. I am sharing my questions in this thread again, as this is a much bigger thread with a lot of people seeing this. Thus, hoping to get responses and point of views from different people. This will also help others in similar position.

1) We will be showing INR 17 Lacs in total in their joint account (11.5 after breaking an FD) and remaining in individual accounts (pension account), plus FDs. The stay period has been reduced from 30 days to 15 days. The fund part should be ok now according to me. Please advise.

2) I had stated purpose of visit as 'attending my Convocation ceremony in November 2023 in Montreal'. I had also provided invitation letters for the ceremony from my college HEC Montreal. But it seems 30 day shown in the application was too long without any specific itinerary shown. Please advise.

2) I don't have a job currently and my wife is on maternity leave. How to handle this when writing the Invitation letter, as it requires stating my job title in the letter? Should I write an invitation letter without mentioning anything about my job, or I explicitly state that I am currently not working but have enough funds in my account here and in India to support myself and my wife for more than a year.
I did not mention about pregnancy in the application anywhere.

3) For the 2 weeks time when my parents will be visiting Canada, one of our relatives is going to take care of the grandparents in terms of providing food and checking upon them. Do we need to upload a signed or notarized letter from them with the letter mentioning that they will take care for the 2 week period, or something on these lines? Or should I just mention that my father is an only child and as the grandparents are old (84 yrs & 81 yrs) he cannot stay away for long period, as he needs to take care of them.
I am already submitting the Pension Order documents for both my father and mother which will show that they need to be in India once a year to provide their Life certificate. The house is in my grand father's name. Parents have no properties in their name. Investments in mutual funds and share market only.

Please advise on above!

Many Thanks!
Thank you @Raptor33 @beeba-bacha @Naturgrl @canuck78 @BA101 @tommy_2k23 for all your help. I have almost finalised my invitation letter. I just wanted to know whether I should also mention in my invitation letter that 'my parents visitor visa application was refused on 15th June 2023'?

I read in the below thread, 1st page under header "Additional Information and Commitment to Return to Home Country" that it's advisable to do so. But that example is for Super Visa, so a bit confused.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/super-visa-sample-invitation-letter.397296/

Many Thanks again !!

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Thank you @Raptor33 @beeba-bacha @Naturgrl @canuck78 @BA101 @tommy_2k23 for all your help. I have almost finalised my invitation letter. I just wanted to know whether I should also mention in my invitation letter that 'my parents visitor visa application was refused on 15th June 2023'?

I read in the below thread, 1st page under header "Additional Information and Commitment to Return to Home Country" that it's advisable to do so. But that example is for Super Visa, so a bit confused.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/super-visa-sample-invitation-letter.397296/

Many Thanks again !!
Yes, it is advisable to mention in your invitation letter that your parents' visitor visa application was refused. This will show the visa officer that you are aware of the reasons for the refusal and that you have taken steps to address them.

By explaining the reasons for your parents' previous visa refusal and how you have addressed those reasons, you will be showing the visa officer that you are a reliable sponsor and that your parents are likely to return to their home country after their visit.

Here is an example of how you could mention your parents' previous visa refusal in your invitation letter:
I am writing to invite my parents, [parents' names], to visit me in Canada. They are applying for a visitor visa and I am their sponsor.
I am aware that their previous visitor visa application was refused on [date]. The reason for the refusal was [reason for refusal].
Since the refusal, I have taken steps to address the reasons for the refusal. For example, I have [explain how you have addressed the reasons for the refusal].
I am confident that my parents will return to their home country after their visit. They have strong ties to their home country, including [list of ties to home country].
Thank you for your time and consideration.
I hope this helps!

Reactions: Sarjaria84

faisalshaikhpro

Nov 7, 2016
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Refusal in 2019

Reapplied:

Submission- June 9th
Biometrics completed- From Previous Application
Background check started - June 12 ( in progress )
1-st Eligibility started- June 21 ( then went to NOT Started on 4th July )
2-st Eligibility started- July 4th
PPR- Not yet