+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2023 Visitor Visa TRV applicants

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Yes it is mentioned in the GCMS notes, however since I am here on only for two years I do not think I can afford the JR :/
Well if your file has been flagged off by chinook and getting refused multiple times. I am afraid reapplying will only lead to an obvious outcome. Good Luck though

GR19

Jul 6, 2023
Category........
VISIT
Well if your file has been flagged off by chinook and getting refused multiple times. I am afraid reapplying will only lead to an obvious outcome. Good Luck though
True, however I checked with the IRCC person and he mentioned that Chinook only assists with sorting out the applications, like basically a pile of probable refusals and acceptables and he suggested to correct the things like the ones you mentioned and re apply when they are ready.

However I would like to ask one last thing, as I said I just want to invite them to spend time with me and show them Calgary, with this purpose dont I ever have a chance to invite my Parents to Canada?
I am neither planning to get married here nor have a child, so that means this is the end?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Applied for Inland Visitor visa against an approved Study Permit extension. Today it has been approved but I see a Visitor record instead of Original Passport Request. Is there something I am missing? @Naturgrl @canuck78

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
True, however I checked with the IRCC person and he mentioned that Chinook only assists with sorting out the applications, like basically a pile of probable refusals and acceptables and he suggested to correct the things like the ones you mentioned and re apply when they are ready.

However I would like to ask one last thing, as I said I just want to invite them to spend time with me and show them Calgary, with this purpose dont I ever have a chance to invite my Parents to Canada?
I am neither planning to get married here nor have a child, so that means this is the end?
Purpose looks fine but the strike of refusals may work against you is what my concern is

GR19

Jul 6, 2023
Category........
VISIT
Purpose looks fine but the strike of refusals may work against you is what my concern is
I understand and I feel the same, I will let go of it.

Thank you for your suggestions, it was in line with the IRCC representative.

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
When did your eligibility started and when it has completed?
I am not sure when it started. But it says completed as of July 7th with background in progress. Biometrics were completed on July 3rd, 2023

Dhillon96

Star Member
Jun 30, 2023
Has anyone seen any difference between the two websites?
Personally I have applied in both for my parents and the result, the processing time and the mention of Chinook was in the GCMS notes of both the websites.
So other than the amount of information you need to provide and max file size, I don't see any other difference
Did you submitted two applications same time?

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
Do you have any visa number on tracker?
No i don’t.
Back ground Verification is still in process. I haven’t received Background Verification letter yet.