+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2023 Visitor Visa TRV applicants

GR19

Jul 6, 2023
Category........
VISIT
but this new portal refusing application by chinook. not sure what going on with applications
Would like to mention that my previous application was in GC Key and refused with assistance of Chinook :(

Salma.crs123

Jun 24, 2023
I thought the same and this time I took reference from a friend who also applied for his parents.
I cant believe that it happened with both IRCC new portal and GC key as the way you share your information is different in both, so I am not understanding what it is that the tool is finding, its extremely disappointing cause you can't find anything different in the GCMS notes as well.
If there was ever a mention about misrepresentation or not answering truthfully like I saw in some other comments, then I can understand the immediate refusal, but giving the generic reasons as below and then refusing immediately is very confusing.
I have been following this forum very closely and in most comments I see they wait for a month or so and then they get the refusals with the below reasons, but for me every single time its 10-12 days.

- Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
- The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
It's best to order GCMS notes. If you're inadmissible in GCMS(IRPA sections 33-42) then you will have to apply for TRP.
What is your visit story? Depending on the story the duration of visit needs to be adjusted. For example, it's unrealistic to visit for 5 month duration to attend a wedding. But the same duration of 5 months will be somewhat realistic if you're visiting a very sickly biological child who is admitted in hospital due to critical illness or injury.

GR19

Jul 6, 2023
Category........
VISIT
It's best to order GCMS notes. If you're inadmissible in GCMS(IRPA sections 33-42) then you will have to apply for TRP.
What is your visit story? Depending on the story the duration of visit needs to be adjusted. For example, it's unrealistic to visit for 5 month duration to attend a wedding. But the same duration of 5 months will be somewhat realistic if you're visiting a very sickly biological child who is admitted in hospital due to critical illness or injury.
Story: I will be visiting my Son who is on Work Permit in Calgary along with my wife for a short visit of 3 weeks. Our travel dates will be from August 2nd 2023 till August 22nd 2023. In this period, we are looking forward to spend time with our son whom we haven't visited for a long time and will be visiting the tourist spots in Calgary like Banff and Jasper.

The previous GCMS notes states the same :

I have considered the following factors in my decision.

Taking the applicant's purpose of visit into account, the documentation provided in support of the applicant's financial situation does not demonstrate that the applicant is sufficiently established that the proposed visit would be a reasonable expense.

The purpose of the applicant's visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details provided in the application.

Weighing the factors in this application. I am not satisfied that the applicant will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay.

For the reasons above, I have refused this application.

tommy_2k23

May 10, 2023

I have been following this forum very closely and in most comments I see they wait for a month or so and then they get the refusals with the below reasons, but for me every single time its 10-12 days.

how many times have you been refused within a short span of time? if you keep applying without chnaging your situation it will be flagged as red flag . Therefore, they do not want to waste your time and want you to move on with your life and change your current circumstances. Apply again after 3-5 years . It is difficult to chnage your situation within a couple of months. if this is the case then they were correct to refuse your application within 10-12 days

tommy_2k23

May 10, 2023
Story: I will be visiting my Son who is on Work Permit in Calgary along with my wife for a short visit of 3 weeks. Our travel dates will be from August 2nd 2023 till August 22nd 2023. In this period, we are looking forward to spend time with our son whom we haven't visited for a long time and will be visiting the tourist spots in Calgary like Banff and Jasper.

Taking the applicant's purpose of visit into account, the documentation provided in support of the applicant's financial situation does not demonstrate that the applicant is sufficiently established that the proposed visit would be a reasonable expense.

The purpose of the applicant's visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details provided in the application.

Weighing the factors in this application. I am not satisfied that the applicant will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay.

how much moeny did you show in your funds. For 10 days one person has to show 5000 CAD. More days require more money. For 2 people require double money. Simply do the math.

Your only chance is to apply alone. Your wife will be your hometie

Salma.crs123

Jun 24, 2023

What is the duration of your son's work permit? He needs to make enough money to support 4 adults if he's claiming to bear financial responsibility. For financial situation, it's best to provide bank statements of checking account(4 months at least) rather than fixed deposits. Include flight tickets(refundable-tickets).
Property papers, tax returns, job letters etc. will prove your ties to the country, they do not prove that you will be able to support yourself financially during your stay in Canada.

As some people suggested you can file for JR. The reason is "proposed visit would be a reasonable expense". How can anyone arrive at the conclusion that this visit is a financial burden to you? What is the evidence to arrive at this conclusion?

Can you visit alone with wife staying back in home country or vice versa? That way it will not be reasonable expense for one person?

GR19

Jul 6, 2023
Category........
VISIT

how many times have you been refused within a short span of time? if you keep applying without chnaging your situation it will be flagged as red flag . Therefore, they do not want to waste your time and want you to move on with your life and change your current circumstances. Apply again after 3-5 years . It is difficult to chnage your situation within a couple of months. if this is the case then they were correct to refuse your application within 10-12 days
In the span of 18 months, I have been rejected thrice.
If i had the time I would wait, I am here only for two years of which 1.5 is done, which is why I did what I did.

It is not difficult to change the situation when you know what was wrong in your application and you speaking on behalf of IRCC saying they were correct in refusing is not at all cool with me so I would request you not to help me with my case cause I just spoke to someone from IRCC and they were more courteous and helpful than you ever can be.

GR19

Jul 6, 2023
Category........
VISIT
If you can establish that chinook did refuse, you can do a JR on the application.
I have done it & secured visa
Yes it is mentioned in the GCMS notes, however since I am here on only for two years I do not think I can afford the JR :/

GR19

Jul 6, 2023
Category........
VISIT
What is the duration of your son's work permit? He needs to make enough money to support 4 adults if he's claiming to bear financial responsibility. For financial situation, it's best to provide bank statements of checking account(4 months at least) rather than fixed deposits. Include flight tickets(refundable-tickets).
Property papers, tax returns, job letters etc. will prove your ties to the country, they do not prove that you will be able to support yourself financially during your stay in Canada.

As some people suggested you can file for JR. The reason is "proposed visit would be a reasonable expense". How can anyone arrive at the conclusion that this visit is a financial burden to you? What is the evidence to arrive at this conclusion?

Can you visit alone with wife staying back in home country or vice versa? That way it will not be reasonable expense for one person?
I am their son and I had applied for my parents.
I had provided Chequing and Savings account statements for 6months showing 37K CAD and NOA for one year.
I missed to provide the flight tickets, that was my mistake.

From my parents side, I had shown a Net Worth Certificate from CA, Bank Balance Certificate for Savings and FDs, my other mistake was to consider that IRCC will accept FDs as liquid cash, found out that they dont.

I totally agree with you, I hadn't even mentioned that we will visiting other cities and to be honest we won't, our only plan was to spend time with me and visit Banff that was all.

I wanted to apply only for my father or just mother and try but at this point I am hesitant to try anything of that sort cause I dont want them to again think that purpose is inconsistent since I previously said both will come and now they wont.

GR19

Jul 6, 2023
Category........
VISIT
I understand that you all think that in 18months I applied thrice and I was wrong, but please understand I am here only for two years, I have no plans of settling here and so I only wanted to show my parents the city I am working in and its beauty. Moreover I am in Calgary and as you know after October upto March its extremely cold here and can't travel anywhere, I am already quite disappointed and depressed about this so I please request not to make it worse

Can_pr12345

Dec 25, 2014
I understand that you all think that in 18months I applied thrice and I was wrong, but please understand I am here only for two years, I have no plans of settling here and so I only wanted to show my parents the city I am working in and its beauty. Moreover I am in Calgary and as you know after October upto March its extremely cold here and can't travel anywhere, I am already quite disappointed and depressed about this so I please request not to make it worse
You will need a change in purpose of visit. I think the VO is not satisfied with just visiting the Banff park. The visitor application will need new evidence and new situation like birth of child, wife expecting child etc. A reason where parents are needed the most. Also if parents are above 60 try to provide health insurance for their period of stay in Canada. Health Canada doesn't like to bear the expenses in case something happens.
Since you're on work permit, do not use your own health issues to invite your parents. For example, I'm depressed so calling parents. IRPA section 38 is all about health. A person can be deemed inadmissible on health grounds. A lot of people do this without realizing it may become a problem when applying for PR.

faisalshaikhpro

Nov 7, 2016
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hello everyone,
my file status in process in tracker
Submitted -19 june 2023
Biometrics - in process (receive biometric instruction letter 26th june but submitting in 5th July 2023)
Eligibility - Completed 10th July 2023
Background verification-In Progress since 26th june 2023
No visa number, document etc. showing in tracker
Last update 10th July 2023
Is it any hope to get good news in future?
Any update?

GR19

Jul 6, 2023
Category........
VISIT
You will need a change in purpose of visit. I think the VO is not satisfied with just visiting the Banff park. The visitor application will need new evidence and new situation like birth of child, wife expecting child etc. A reason where parents are needed the most. Also if parents are above 60 try to provide health insurance for their period of stay in Canada. Health Canada doesn't like to bear the expenses in case something happens.
Since you're on work permit, do not use your own health issues to invite your parents. For example, I'm depressed so calling parents. IRPA section 38 is all about health. A person can be deemed inadmissible on health grounds. A lot of people do this without realizing it may become a problem when applying for PR.
You are right, the IRCC Person also mentioned the same that there must be an event like Convocation, Child Birth, Marriage etc, though I am not sure what situation I can share with them as my only purpose is to give them an International Journey experience and show them Calgary, so I guess I am stuck here.

No I am not at all depressed in life, only with this situation which I am totally helpless so I have never and will never mention that as a reason.

I agree, I didnt find any refundable Insurances so I hesitated from going for it but I guess I should have.