+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2023 SPOUSAL PR **OUTLAND** Sponsorship (Online/Paper)

Tara

Star Member
Jan 15, 2009
Thanks a lot InfoSeeker12, This helps.

For #1, They dont strictly enforce the date validation, so i guess writing "Present" should work. Regarding your suggestion about employment letter, we were not attaching any employment documents from the applicant as there is no reference of providing employment documents by applicant. We only put all the work history in the Background Form.

We are providing employment letters by sponsor as that is one of the required item as per the checklist IMM5533E. Do you suggest providing employment verification letter by applicant even if its not being asked for?

One more if you don't mind, There are the few forms which needs either applicant or sponsor's signature, so we are planning to print only that page, have them signed by respective person and then scan, and add to the form manually. There is one Form IMM 5532 where both the sponsor and applicant need to sign on the same page. The applicant is in India and Sponsor is in Canada, How to easily handle this? Can one sign then scan, then another download and sign and scan again? or this has to be actual wet signature by both?

Hi Tara,
Sorry - no one has answered so i will attempt to answer, based on how we filled our application.

1- if the format allows to write alphabets, then simply write Present. If not, then the date of your application filling. And then your employment letter will mention that you are currently employed there. That should be ok.

2- So applicant doesnt want any rep to get the info? Not even the sponsor (spouse i suppose?)
Ok in that case - its exactly as you guessed.
First click on 12 - (as it has two parts - so its basically confirming that you have uploaded docs for either part 12 or Part b).
Then click on NOT APPLICABLE - if you dont have any rep.
Then go to Part B - and start checking on relevant boxes.

3- Previous Relationship. Part B - 4
There are basically 4 questions there. Right?
No. 3 has further 3 questions - But if you have checked NO for the main question which is "Have you (the sponsor) ever been previously married?"....NO....then obviously leave the boxes below blank.
go to question 4 - Have you (the sponsor) ever previously been in a common-law relationship? ....

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Thanks a lot InfoSeeker12, This helps.

For #1, They dont strictly enforce the date validation, so i guess writing "Present" should work. Regarding your suggestion about employment letter, we were not attaching any employment documents from the applicant as there is no reference of providing employment documents by applicant. We only put all the work history in the Background Form.

We are providing employment letters by sponsor as that is one of the required item as per the checklist IMM5533E. Do you suggest providing employment verification letter by applicant even if its not being asked for?

One more if you don't mind, There are the few forms which needs either applicant or sponsor's signature, so we are planning to print only that page, have them signed by respective person and then scan, and add to the form manually. There is one Form IMM 5532 where both the sponsor and applicant need to sign on the same page. The applicant is in India and Sponsor is in Canada, How to easily handle this? Can one sign then scan, then another download and sign and scan again? or this has to be actual wet signature by both?
Hi Tara,
#1 - Nope, if they are not requiring employment letter from applicant - then dont give. Keep it simple - provide only whatever they ask.
#2- Yes, i had also lots of confusion about this. Generally speaking, 99% of the forms are now digitally signed. Even then ones, where when you click, it does not allow you to type your name. And to further confuse the matter, there is a Pen-in-hand icon there. Right?
No worries at all. Fill the form completely. Then Print the form - as pdf and save it on your desktop.
Now open this saved PDF file, and click on the signature field box. You will now be able to type your name. Type your name + SAVE.
Then email the file to your spouse - and let spouse type his/her name and save..then upload it in the system.

So you will be able to sign all forms digitally and upload them easily. Though, there might be few forms that will require HAND SIGNATURES. Here's a popular youtuber's video about this issue.

Tara

Star Member
Jan 15, 2009
Thanks again!

Hi Tara,
#1 - Nope, if they are not requiring employment letter from applicant - then dont give. Keep it simple - provide only whatever they ask.
#2- Yes, i had also lots of confusion about this. Generally speaking, 99% of the forms are now digitally signed. Even then ones, where when you click, it does not allow you to type your name. And to further confuse the matter, there is a Pen-in-hand icon there. Right?
No worries at all. Fill the form completely. Then Print the form - as pdf and save it on your desktop.
Now open this saved PDF file, and click on the signature field box. You will now be able to type your name. Type your name + SAVE.
Then email the file to your spouse - and let spouse type his/her name and save..then upload it in the system.

So you will be able to sign all forms digitally and upload them easily. Though, there might be few forms that will require HAND SIGNATURES. Here's a popular youtuber's video about this issue.

likhitha

Apr 3, 2019
Hi Everyone - Starting thread for June 2023 SPOUSAL PR Applicants. Recently, I have noticed AOR turnaround time is anywhere between 1-2 months. This is great as its followed by SA (Sponsorship Approval), after which you can apply for TRV. Let's hope the usage of automated technology helps to reduce the timelines further. Please share your submission dates and milestones as your application progresses. All the best to every one.
Starting a google doc for detailed timeline tracking. Please take a min to share your timeline. Its all anonymous!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1W6hIFvgiT10keGOe_JuiQ_OsAR_8RXSlie6vFGlhw4Y/edit?usp=sharing
Submitted spousal sponsorship PR application on 4th june,2023.
Waiting for AOR.
We also submitted for spousal sponsorship PR application on 4th june,2023.
Country - India
Still waiting for AOR to apply for TRV. Do let me know if you receive the AOR. Will do the same from my end.

Reactions: InfoSeeker12

likhitha

Apr 3, 2019
Hi Everyone - Starting thread for June 2023 SPOUSAL PR Applicants. Recently, I have noticed AOR turnaround time is anywhere between 1-2 months. This is great as its followed by SA (Sponsorship Approval), after which you can apply for TRV. Let's hope the usage of automated technology helps to reduce the timelines further. Please share your submission dates and milestones as your application progresses. All the best to every one.
Starting a google doc for detailed timeline tracking. Please take a min to share your timeline. Its all anonymous!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1W6hIFvgiT10keGOe_JuiQ_OsAR_8RXSlie6vFGlhw4Y/edit?usp=sharing
Submitted: 4 June 2023 Outland
AOR:
SA:
BIL:
Biometrics Done:
Background check:
Medicals Request:
Medicals Done:
Medicals Passed:
Pre-arrival services:
COPR:
PPR: